August baseball plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8/12

BTW, on the UN system plays above, I agree with the cappers that LAD/Atl has a really high lean towards OV. Potential bad pitching, however ATL has scored 3 runs or less in 10 of their L11.

Det +110 @ Pit - Det has lost 4 of their L5 but they are one of the top hitting teams and they can't stay down long. Pit still missing their top 2 offensive guys.
    Bal -135 vs NYY - This is about the highest price I'll go at -135 but Bal is on a pretty nice roll and the HP ump has favored home teams 19-3 and with an avg of 5 runs home team, 2.9 runs away team.
    LAD +108 @ Atl - I like LAD's offensive chances much more as I stated above, ATL has scored 3 runs or less in 10 of their L11.
    Mil -118 @ CHC - I'll go with Mil again, 1st place vs last place. Could be a low-scoring game if both pitchers are true to their current form. Mil starter Peralta, though, is 5-0 L5 with a 1.64 ERA and hasn't lost since July 8. He is 10-1 in his L11 decisions and is 6-2 L10 on the road.
    TB -127 @ Tex - I really wanted to take TB last night and shouldn't have chickened out as Tex just keeps on losing and losing and losing.
    KC +135 vs Oak - KC just continues to get no respect as this is the 2nd game in a row as home dog to the A's. After last night's win KC is now 8-0 L8, 11 -1 L12 and 16-3 L19, and has taken 3 of 4 vs Oak this month.

Comment

Bal/NYY has been postponed.

Comment

Adding,
        BOS +123 @ Cin

Comment

Tuesday.

Pirates -125 over tigers

Cards-marlins under 7.5 (-120)

White sox -122 over giants.

1/4 unit 3 team parlay. +407 odds.
          25 to win 100.

A's/brewers/Astros.

Comment

Almost played the mets +122 but passed as fister has been too good!

Comment

Horrible 2-4 -214 for me. UN system plays went 2-1 +80

Comment

3-0 for me on regular plays and almost hit the 3-teamer if the Brewers would have come thru.

+275 on the night.

YTD:
                65-52
                +1106

Wednesday---

Giants -125 over Sox

Cards +108 over Fish---No idea why I am betting on the Cards right now....Horrible. More of a play on Masterson being new to the Marlins.

PARLAY---
                Indians Game 1 -178/Mets +1.5 (-155)----Odds on parlay are +157.
                From what I read Injuns pitcher Bauer has some bad blood for the Snakes from when he was with them.

Comment

Good job woodie.

8/13 2 UN system plays today but one already started.
                  UN8 -115 MIN/HOU
                  Hoye 8ov/13un L21gms 61.9%

UN 7.5 -110 MIL/CUBS
                  Fagan 8ov/15un L23gms 65.2%

My plays,
                  Bal -128 vs NYY - Bal is on a pretty nice roll and the HP ump has favored home teams 19-3 and with an avg of 5 runs home team, 2.9 runs away team.
                  CWS +114 @ SF - Peavy hasn't won a game in his last 18 starts, plus SF has lost 6 of their L7 overall and Peavy's L12 starts. Must be something fishy and I see woodee's not falling for it! .... but I will :^ (
                  CWS/SF OV 7 -105 - Also like the OV in this game.
                  LAD +104 @ Atl - LA is 7-2 vs Atl this year. Atl is just 2-11 over their L13 games overall. LA has won Ryu's L5 starts, and Ryu is 9-2 on the road over 12 starts with a 2.61 ERA. However, Atl starter Santana is 8-2 at home this year.
                  Mil -121 @ CHC - I'll go with 1st vs last again. Mil is 16-8 when Lohse starts, Cubs have gone 1-4 in Wada's

Comment

I've seen these under system plays on another site too...Pretty solid.

I lean to the over in the cubs game though. Almost played the SF over too but missed it.

GL with brewers and Dodgers....Almost made my card too. Still might.

Comment

UN system goes 2-0. As hard as it is to do the smart option is to just play these SU long term. If you pick and choose it doesn't work because more often than not the ones you don't like cash in.
                      My plays sucked again going 2-3. Dodgers had bases loaded with 1 out top of 9 and grounded into a freakin' double play :^ /

Comment

Won my last 10 plays here with exception of the small 3-team parlay a few days ago. I am about ready to stop while I am ahead and cash in for football...Baseball is so streaky.

YTD--
                        68-52
                        +1471

One play so far today....Early play.

OVER 7.5 dodgers/Braves (-115)---2 unders in a row in this series plus average starters in AKA Fausto Carmona, and Harang. See this one sneaking over to 8 at least.

Comment

two more---

Parlay--

Cubs +1.5/Reds +1.5---(+151 odds on parlay).....

Padres/Cards UNDER 7.5 (-110)

Comment

8/15
                            Phi +143 @ SF - Both teams in a bit of a funk lately with Philly losing 5 of L6, and the Giants losing 6 of L8. Hamels has been very tough lately over his L14 starts with a 1.44 ERA and 1.02 WHIP, averaging 9 SO's per game and limiting batters to a .210 avg. Likely to be a close game and could go either way but at +143 worth a shot.

Comment

YTD:
                              70-53
                              +1571

2-1 yesterday.

12-1 L13 plays.

Like your philly play--good value. I am going to squeeze them in to a play on the RL somehwere tonight.

Friday--

Seattle/Detroit UNDER 8.5 (-110)---Seems like veryone is pounding this over but I like the UNDER here. Paxton is solid and is under the radar still but had a good start before going on the DL.

Twins +1.5 (-130) over KC---Bit of a let down spot for the red ht Royals. Think they come in a little off in game 1 vs. Twins.

Padres +111 over Cards---Cards are not a good team overall and severely over valued in the betting market. I will be fading them any chance I get for the rest of the year. Ross is solid and Lance Lynn can stink at times and its been a while. Padres are the best dog on the baord for Friday!

Comment

I don't quite understand that Sea/Det total either unless the oddsmakers know the umpire assignments before we do and it's a huge OV HP ump. Looks like a solid UN to me. Paxton is 2-0 over 5 starts this year with a 2.38 ERA and 0.927 WHIP and is 5-0 with a 1.93 ERA over 8 career starts, and Porcello hasn't given up more than 3 runs his L6 and overall is pitching to a 3.15 ERA and 1.126 WHIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X