RestEasy NFL Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Week 1

It's great to have the NFL back! Woohoo!
    I'm going to try to make it a little easier this year. Only a couple picks a week and likely a teaser to tag along.

2* New Orleans -3 ev
    2* Minnesota +4
    2* Houston -3 +105

Teaser
    4* GB +16, NO +7, sf/dal o41.5 (-120)

I'm likely to add the raiders. Will see if line goes up first.

Well, that teaser flopped with the pack. Great start.

I liked the chargers prior but with ellington looking doubtful I like the +3 value

2* chargers +3 -105
    1* oakland +5.5

that's it til sunday morn/afternoon games are done. good luck!

Comment

3-2 -1.8 because of teaser

SNF
      2* denver -2.5, over 47 (-120)

I think they win but I don't like the 9.

Comment

4-2 +0.2*

Mnf Charges left.

Comment

Teasers are the way to go! I had Denver in the Mock and got beat by the ol' backdoor cover with the Broncos playing prevent and Fox making Manning play like a rookie protecting a lead! -7.5 is not safe with a 14 point lead. Would rather have an 8 point lead at that point.

Giants +13 and over 40 tonight?

Comment

actually I'm playing (and may as well put it up) a 3 team 10pt for -120

2* Giants +15, over 35.5, SD +13 -120

Comment

Good week to tease dogs. On a 10 pt teaser, dogs went 13-1 and favorites went 6-3 and on a 6 pt teaser dogs went 11-3 and faves went 7-6-1 (if my math is correct)

Comment

Well giants gave up that last td to kill the teaser. Shocker.

Adding to the sd game making it 3*

2* sd +10, o39. -130

Comment

Teaser was dumb

2nd half 2* sd pk +120

Comment

6-4 +0.2*

Chargers had chances blew the teaser and one if my fantasy teams loses by 0.2. I blame crabtree and/or doug martin more.

Comment

Thats actually +0.6 due to positive juice on 2h bet

Comment

Yeah, I saw enough of the Giants in the first few minutes and grabbed some Lions in Live! Betting to hedge out of that teaser. It's going to be a long season for the Gints! Defense is not bad though so they might keep us in a few games and the NFC Least is pretty bad so who knows. But it's the OL. Eli will be under seigie all year. And he has no escapability - none! More INTs. Eli would not have been able to throw those first two TDs Stafford threw as Stafford escape a rush that would have buried Eli. You gotta have a mobile QB to win in this league now. Or a great OL and/or D to make up for a statue QB.

Comment

Countdown to Nassib starts now. Anyone want to guess as to the OV/UN number of games they will give Eli? I'll guess 3 more duds and he's gone.

Comment

It's not just Eli. I doubt that Nassib would fare any better with that OL. He's a little more mobile but enough to replace Eli? I'm afraid they will not go to Nassib until they are eliminated, and maybe not even then. Coughlin is stubborn. I hope this is his last year. Might be time for Jerry Reese to go also. He has not kept the team loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                              Countdown to Nassib starts now. Anyone want to guess as to the OV/UN number of games they will give Eli? I'll guess 3 more duds and he's gone.
                              I'll take the way way way over.

The offensive line is already bad and their was an injury in the preseason that doesn't help. But probably the aspect of the game that is overlooked the most by the general public (cause it's fun to hate eli for some reason) is the WR's have no idea what they are doing. Eli audibles and they are lost. Timing routes are very important in the NFL and if a WR runs long instead of turning back you will have an INT.

Take a look at last year, a number of his INT's are not on Eli but on the wr. Don't misread that. Don't read that as an excuse for Eli's poor play because he is playing poorly but he is not getting any help either. Sportscenter had a nice piece on his ints showing just how unlucky some were and how incorrect route running was occasionally the cause. Ruben Randle being one of the big offenders. Eli doesn't have a binky receiver. He doesn't have a gonzo that ryan had for so many years, a witten that romo has always had, a megatron or a jimmy graham. He seems to have a mostly revolving door of talent. These are growing pains. If the receivers start actually going the right way then I'll worry more about eli.

I think after a few weeks in the system the new OC (last one didn't make adjustments ever even with 6 different rbs through 8 games) should start to straighten things out. Once the WR's run the correct routes there will actually be options. For Eli he needs to stop forcing the ball and throw it away when there's nothing there. His 2nd INT in detroit was on him forcing the play. The first was on the wr not stopping looking back and on an insanely lucky and ridiculous play by the defense. Really, it hits his arm and face like 6 times while sliding on the ground. unreal.

As for Reese well he let this line and the linebackers get old. This team showed the wear last season with all the injuries and declining play. This was not a 1yr fix. They need to rebuild that core. Hopefully this upcoming draft and offseason instead of signing veterans and/or injury risk lottery tickets (beason) they focus on the future by getting some younger bodies in there.

I have no idea if Nassib is ready (or the one) to be a starter. I know this, I would not put him in now. He would not fair any better. Heck, I doubt many of the starting qb's in the NFL would.

Comment

Working...
                              X