Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mock Hilton Contest"........Week #1.........Post Your 5 Picks Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There shouldnt be any exemptions. The rules are rules we all signed up for the same contest so we should have to all follow the rules. Its not like the rules havnt been posted for months now. Maybe the supercontest will let late entries pass too since its the first week.

Comment

• bret gets my vote on this

Comment

• good thing this is one of those contests that keeps the "freeloaders" away & an entry fee is required otherwise there could be a slew of rule discrepancies.

Comment

• I posted late last year and was given an 0-5 Week, as per the rules. See no reason why anyone else should be exempted. You're late, you're 0-5. Only fair. No exceptions.

Comment

• Yeah, I got to agree with myself. If it were 12:05 EST, I could look the other way lol...

Comment

• There should be no exceptions to the rules on posting times-One minute or 7 hours late both mean the same thing-

Do we see the NFL REAL HILTON contest bending any rules-If this is a true Mock Hilton contest then we should be just as diligent as they are in enforcing the rules.

I don't care about nice guy crap-The Moderator You should not subjectively pick and choose when to choose to enforce a rule that has been out there in stone for 4 years.

So what is the excuse that gets by a late post (please give me one).

Rules or Rules is my vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                There should be no exceptions to the rules on posting times-One minute or 7 hours late both mean the same thing-

Do we see the NFL REAL HILTON contest bending any rules-If this is a true Mock Hilton contest then we should be just as diligent as they are in enforcing the rules.

I don't care about nice guy crap-The Moderator You should not subjectively pick and choose when to choose to enforce a rule that has been out there in stone for 4 years.

So what is the excuse that gets by a late post (please give me one).

Rules or Rules is my vote.
                If I remember correctly I made the same exception last year in week #1 just to get the bugs out. SO as it stands everyone late in week #1 will be counted. But week #2 if you are late you get a 0-5.

Unless Jeff wants to over ride me that's the way it's going to play out.

Jeff chime in here please.

Comment

• It is true that in our first couple of years we allowed entries as late as Sunday at Noon for Week 1. We were new and hungry for more contestants. But I think that Week 1 deadline was extended for new contestants only - not sure. stooged and harleyfill are not newcomers, so they were both very familiar with the Midnight Deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                    If I remember correctly I made the same exception last year in week #1 just to get the bugs out. SO as it stands everyone late in week #1 will be counted. But week #2 if you are late you get a 0-5.

Unless Jeff wants to over ride me that's the way it's going to play out.

Jeff chime in here please.
                    So you should just put in the rules that posting past the deadline on the 1st week is ok. Since you did it this year and last year your going to have to do it every year. Since your running this contest I would expect you to follow the rules too and by letting the picks slide your not. What if one of those guys finish in the money and the only reason they do it is because you let their late picks slide. That would be BS and if I was one of the ppl that they finished ahead of for the money I would be pissed.

Comment

• Just read the rules....new or not. Its not that hard.

There should be no exceptions, unless there was site trouble and then they can use email as noted.

Comment

• I have to agree with Bret and Woodee. Too much $ at stake here to just let stuff slide for being late . This isn't about a spelling error or a duplicate entry. Stooged and Harleyfill should get 0-5. If either emailed their picks on time then that is different.

Comment

• Hey Guys - I talked this over with "The Boys" and our scorekeeper Monroe.

Bottom line is, the rules are the rules.

Ultimately, it's not that difficult. They are posted here and have been posted here for months.

I'm easily accessible and can be contacted at any time. I reply to all emails promptly. Questions can also be posted in the forums and you're likely to get an answer from one of the guys in no time.

Really no excuse. The rules are there for a reason.

Comment

• OK guys that's it no exceptions. If you post one minute late you'll get a 0-5. I post the Hilton line Wednesday evening. That means you have 3 full days to post your picks. If you snooze you loose, good luck.

Comment

• It was definitely a situation out of my control, and I posted as soon as I got within service. I understand that the rules are the rules. I'm ok to take the hit.
                              As we are strictly enforcing the letter of the law of the rules, will the other about half of entries that were posted after the deadline per "Rule #3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST" also get zeroes?

Saturday 12:00 Midnight EST is the minute after 11:59pm Friday. All those Saturday postings are late as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by stooged View Post
                                It was definitely a situation out of my control, and I posted as soon as I got within service. I understand that the rules are the rules. I'm ok to take the hit.
                                As we are strictly enforcing the letter of the law of the rules, will the other about half of entries that were posted after the deadline per "Rule #3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST" also get zeroes?

Saturday 12:00 Midnight EST is the minute after 11:59pm Friday. All those Saturday postings are late as well.

Stooged............Only you and Harleyfill posted late?

Comment

Working...
                                X