+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    How about a summary of the groups selections?

Ok...if you want something done....lol:

Note: "*" Designates a Black Cat Selection

MOST SELECTED:
    Saints 24 Times (Falcons 11) 68%
    Bucs 23 Times (Panthers 17) 57%
    Bears 22 Times (*Bills 7) 76%
    Chiefs 22 Times (Titans 15) 59%
    Bengals 21 Times (Ravens 12) 63%

MOST POPULAR:
    Bears 22 Times (*Bills 7) 76%
    *Broncos 18 Times (Colts 7) 72%
    *Steelers 19 Times (Browns 8) 70%
    Texans 16 Times (Redskins 7) 70%
    Saints 24 Times (Falcons 11) 68%
    Eagles 17 Times (*Jags 9) 65%
    Jets 20 Times (Raiders 11) 64%
    Bengals 21 Times (Ravens 12) 63%
    49ers 17 Times (Cowboys 10) 63%

OTHERS:
    Chargers 15 Times (*Cardinals 13) 54%

Fewest Selected:
    Redskins 7
    Colts 7
    Bills 7
    Browns 8
    Jaguars 9

Thursday Game:
    Seahawks 13 vs. Packers 10

emailed to me from: 1138RMC

pitt
    phil
    wash
    sfran
    den

OK read carefully............NO More Late Picks..........if you are late next week you get a 0-5.

Harleyfill's late picks look objectionable, most following Sunday line moves. TB in particular is suspect.

There shouldnt be any exemptions. The rules are rules we all signed up for the same contest so we should have to all follow the rules. Its not like the rules havnt been posted for months now. Maybe the supercontest will let late entries pass too since its the first week.

bret gets my vote on this

good thing this is one of those contests that keeps the "freeloaders" away & an entry fee is required otherwise there could be a slew of rule discrepancies.

I posted late last year and was given an 0-5 Week, as per the rules. See no reason why anyone else should be exempted. You're late, you're 0-5. Only fair. No exceptions.

Yeah, I got to agree with myself. If it were 12:05 EST, I could look the other way lol...

There should be no exceptions to the rules on posting times-One minute or 7 hours late both mean the same thing-

Do we see the NFL REAL HILTON contest bending any rules-If this is a true Mock Hilton contest then we should be just as diligent as they are in enforcing the rules.

I don't care about nice guy crap-The Moderator You should not subjectively pick and choose when to choose to enforce a rule that has been out there in stone for 4 years.

So what is the excuse that gets by a late post (please give me one).

Rules or Rules is my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpet View Post
    There should be no exceptions to the rules on posting times-One minute or 7 hours late both mean the same thing-

Do we see the NFL REAL HILTON contest bending any rules-If this is a true Mock Hilton contest then we should be just as diligent as they are in enforcing the rules.

I don't care about nice guy crap-The Moderator You should not subjectively pick and choose when to choose to enforce a rule that has been out there in stone for 4 years.

So what is the excuse that gets by a late post (please give me one).

Rules or Rules is my vote.
    If I remember correctly I made the same exception last year in week #1 just to get the bugs out. SO as it stands everyone late in week #1 will be counted. But week #2 if you are late you get a 0-5.

Unless Jeff wants to over ride me that's the way it's going to play out.

Jeff chime in here please.

It is true that in our first couple of years we allowed entries as late as Sunday at Noon for Week 1. We were new and hungry for more contestants. But I think that Week 1 deadline was extended for new contestants only - not sure. stooged and harleyfill are not newcomers, so they were both very familiar with the Midnight Deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boys View Post
    If I remember correctly I made the same exception last year in week #1 just to get the bugs out. SO as it stands everyone late in week #1 will be counted. But week #2 if you are late you get a 0-5.

Unless Jeff wants to over ride me that's the way it's going to play out.

Jeff chime in here please.
    So you should just put in the rules that posting past the deadline on the 1st week is ok. Since you did it this year and last year your going to have to do it every year. Since your running this contest I would expect you to follow the rules too and by letting the picks slide your not. What if one of those guys finish in the money and the only reason they do it is because you let their late picks slide. That would be BS and if I was one of the ppl that they finished ahead of for the money I would be pissed.

Just read the rules....new or not. Its not that hard.

There should be no exceptions, unless there was site trouble and then they can use email as noted.

I have to agree with Bret and Woodee. Too much $ at stake here to just let stuff slide for being late . This isn't about a spelling error or a duplicate entry. Stooged and Harleyfill should get 0-5. If either emailed their picks on time then that is different.

Hey Guys - I talked this over with "The Boys" and our scorekeeper Monroe.

Bottom line is, the rules are the rules.

Ultimately, it's not that difficult. They are posted here and have been posted here for months.

I'm easily accessible and can be contacted at any time. I reply to all emails promptly. Questions can also be posted in the forums and you're likely to get an answer from one of the guys in no time.

Really no excuse. The rules are there for a reason.

OK guys that's it no exceptions. If you post one minute late you'll get a 0-5. I post the Hilton line Wednesday evening. That means you have 3 full days to post your picks. If you snooze you loose, good luck.

It was definitely a situation out of my control, and I posted as soon as I got within service. I understand that the rules are the rules. I'm ok to take the hit.
    As we are strictly enforcing the letter of the law of the rules, will the other about half of entries that were posted after the deadline per "Rule #3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST" also get zeroes?

Saturday 12:00 Midnight EST is the minute after 11:59pm Friday. All those Saturday postings are late as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stooged View Post
    It was definitely a situation out of my control, and I posted as soon as I got within service. I understand that the rules are the rules. I'm ok to take the hit.
    As we are strictly enforcing the letter of the law of the rules, will the other about half of entries that were posted after the deadline per "Rule #3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST" also get zeroes?

Saturday 12:00 Midnight EST is the minute after 11:59pm Friday. All those Saturday postings are late as well.

Stooged............Only you and Harleyfill posted late?

stooged is trying to say that our listed deadline of Saturday 12:00 Midnight is actually Friday night.

Nice try, but I'm pretty sure it is a fact that when one says Saturday Midnight, it means one second after 11:59:59 PM on Saturday, not Friday. Midnight Saturday is the "middle" of SATURDAY night.

It sucks when something comes up or Internet goes down. And sometimes we just get distracted or forget.

One fix for the future would be to go with an online service to enter our picks and allow changes right up until Saturday at Midnight. Then everyone could put some picks in early and at least have something in if something comes up, but we could still go back and make changes if we want. It would also keep the picks private until they are opened up at the deadline. It would also eliminate the need for a scorekeeper as the software would compile the results and create standings.

Or if we want to keep it in the Forum, I bet there is a way to adjust the thread so that we can edit our picks up until the deadline. That would also take care of it. You could post early and then go back and edit that same post as many times as you like right up until the deadline. We could probably do that right away. I see no downside to that.

Quote Originally Posted by widestrides View Post
    stooged is trying to say that our listed deadline of Saturday 12:00 Midnight is actually Friday night.

Nice try, but I'm pretty sure it is a fact that when one says Saturday Midnight, it means one second after 11:59:59 PM on Saturday, not Friday. Midnight Saturday is the "middle" of SATURDAY night.

It sucks when something comes up or Internet goes down. And sometimes we just get distracted or forget.

One fix for the future would be to go with an online service to enter our picks and allow changes right up until Saturday at Midnight. Then everyone could put some picks in early and at least have something in if something comes up, but we could still go back and make changes if we want. It would also keep the picks private until they are opened up at the deadline. It would also eliminate the need for a scorekeeper as the software would compile the results and create standings.

Or if we want to keep it in the Forum, I bet there is a way to adjust the thread so that we can edit our picks up until the deadline. That would also take care of it. You could post early and then go back and edit that same post as many times as you like right up until the deadline. We could probably do that right away. I see no downside to that.
    #5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, could result in a 0-5 for the week.

The editing one is a funny one, as doesn't a forum post show you the time date when edited?

I guess the issue is for the guys who score keep (cheers guys) who would have check each post which wouldn't be as
    easy.

Just testing editing.
    Last edited by citizenc; 09-10-2014 at 02:07 PM. Reason: picks

Ah, I see I can only edit within 1 minute of posting. Is this just a special setting for me?

what a fiasco, but an entertaining read