9/6/14 12:00PM Oklahoma -24½ at Tulsa
    9/6/14 12:00PM Missouri at Toledo +5
    9/6/14 2:00PM Alabama Birmingham +27½ at Mississippi State
    9/6/14 7:30PM Michigan at Notre Dame Over 55½
    9/6/14 7:30PM BYU +3½ at Texas

9/6/14 10:15PM Air Force at Wyoming +2½
    9/6/14 3:30PM Ohio at Kentucky -12½

Comment

I keep looking deeper at this game drilling down to Carpets level-Turf level.

This team from Western Kentucky who throws the ball 60 times a game is going to give this Illinois defense FITS. The Hill Toppers spread the wealth on offense making it hard to defend. Ranked # 1 in the nation as a team with 569 yards passing a game.

On the defensive side of the ball WKY is lacking and Illinois will score some points this game.

I don't see Illinois defense having any chance to defend this attack-this will all come down to conditioning late game and the ability to make a simple tackle

WKY is my upset of the week

Comment

I also like the over in the Michigan State vs Oregon at 58-The Ducks have ZERO run defense and will not stop sparty on the ground-The ducks hope to get up big and force state into a passing game and if that happens Sparty can play that game also.

Comment

I like WKY a lot this week for the outright win-my upset team this week. Kentucky last week looked awesome against a weak team. But they look like athletes (well SEC level ones) with fast skill position players on both sides of the ball. They are my COGW selection -13 even though their transfer stud back I think from Oklahoma or Oklahoma State?- is hurt (2 touches-2 scores and over 110+ yards last week) and will not play on Saturday.

East Carolina +16.5 intrigues me because I can't believe Spurrier's team will have trouble with them...but they might.

UNC -15 (but did give up 29 points to Liberty...)

Texas Tech -19.5 is a big away favorite but I think UTEP is bad this season.

Florida transfer to BC QB makes the Pitt game attractive with the Eagles getting +4.5 at home.

Another big away favorite Arizona State -25.5 has stud play makers all over the field where RB Bowers looked awesome last week-at home.

Another outright upset team I like with the points is Central Mich away versus Purdue (I wonder if they play the Illini this year).

Carpet I think Oregon's home field advantage might be too much for MSU to over come, but I will only watch this game on Saturday.

Be careful down south this weekend and monitor the weather thunderstorms to downpours are all over the region.

Comment

I line Kansas state -12 to dominate Iowa state on the road.
            They will run it all day against the cyclones young and weak d line.

Comment

Oregon is up to 13.5 favs....

Too much love for them or a trap game. More often than not, these big spreads turn out to be blow outs for the favs!

I still lean towards mich state tho.

Comment

Woodee,

I almost made Kansas st. my POW. I like them a lot also. September has never been kind to me so not much to say right now but when SEC gets in full swing I will have more picks and thoughts.

Good luck on your picks,

RR84

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                  Western Kentucky throws the ball 60 times a game, is going to give this Illinois defense FITS. The Hill Toppers spread the wealth on offense making it hard to defend. Ranked # 1 in the nation as a team with 569 yards passing a game.

On the defensive side of the ball WKY is lacking and Illinois will score some points this game.

I don't see Illinois defense having any chance to defend this attack-this will all come down to conditioning late game and the ability to make a simple tackle

WKY is my upset of the week
                  Excellent call in ky humble estimation, interestingly Hilltoppers 21-3 ATS as dogs since 2010, 15-0 ATS as single-digit dogs. Should be a exciting football game.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                    September has never been kind to me

RR84
                    Frustrating the amount of crap games within these first 2 weeks. Alabama hosting Fla Atl. WTF is that? 40+ point spread. Why ncaa baby some teams?, get it in out the box stop scheduling these oilcans vs. the power. I believe thats the same Fla. Atl. that got their butts whooped by NEB last week. Fla. Atl must have shyt when they first saw their opening schedule.

Comment

K state -7/-8 second half.... Great bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
                        Frustrating the amount of crap games within these first 2 weeks. Alabama hosting Fla Atl. WTF is that? 40+ point spread. Why ncaa baby some teams?, get it in out the box stop scheduling these oilcans vs. the power. I believe thats the same Fla. Atl. that got their butts whooped by NEB last week. Fla. Atl must have shyt when they first saw their opening schedule.
                        Its all about the $$$. Some of these crap games are the only reason some of these smaller schools even have athletic programs. I beleive FAU is getting around $2 million for their 2 games against NEB and BAMA.
                        Next year they get $1 million to play Florida. In 2016 they play miami and Kstate on the road and will be receiving $1.3 million. Majority of the big programs only schedule these games to help out the other schools financially. Like I said its all about the $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                          K state -7/-8 second half.... Great bet.
                          I didn't wager on it and I am glad. I did take it on SM. That was one game you just knew you were screwed very early. I think that once all the BS games get out of the way things will get better. Usually by week 3 or 4 you have a better feel for all the games. At least I usually do. I do agree with Bret about the money thing...

Good luck guys!!

Comment

Not a bad week althought I cannot zero in on one game for my GOW pick.

Loving UCF +10 AT Mizzou this week.

RR, whats your take on Mizzou?

Comment

Working...
                            X