THIS WEEKS COLLEGE DISCUSSION.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS WEEKS COLLEGE DISCUSSION.

Well I have been jammed up at work this year and have not put much time at looking at college or any football in general. So buyer beware on these picks..

My hurl pick of the year is this week. I have to lay the change and take Wisconsin. Wisky is very good off a bye week and I think they will handle BG quite easily. Damn- I think I vomited a bit just typing this.

My next pick is LSU...Yeah I know Miss st is vastly improved and LSU certainly isn't the LSU of previous years. LSU has had their number for many years and the defense which is very strong has pitched two shutouts the last two weeks. So I like LSU in a very low scoring game.

Confidence is not extremely high on these picks(nowhere near ready to pull ou the fly swatter..lol) but you got to pull the trigger at some point..

Woodee, Carpet, and anybody else please chime in with your thoughts.

HI Red Raider got a few thoughts as I am playing the following games hard based on research and contacts.

MISSOU -13 vs Indiana- Unless the Hoosiers found a whole new defense in the last day or so they have no chance to stop Missouri on offense-Bowling Green went into Indy and beat them-now this game is at Missouri-Going to be a long day for Indy.

WYOMING -4 vs Florida Atlantic-My solid capper from FL is all over this game-got to stay with local knowledge.

VIRGINA + 14 vs BYU- VA will keep this closer than 14

I got alot more thoughts on many games feel free to bounce your thoughts off the carpet floor level-Missouri is my CGOW

GLA

Comment

Since we have basically turned into a pay site (Contest Entry Fee) most information is being well guarded and not exchanged.

That is why Threads like the Upset of the week in College Football will always live on.

Comment

Here is what I have for the week---Been over the baord back and forth a lot this week. Nothing sticks out huge except these---

UNDER 56 Nebraska-Miami.....Freshman QB will struggle at Nebraska and think they will run the ball a lot.

Akron +10 over Marshall--Akron is under the radar in the MAC and I see this as a trip up game for Marshall.

Florida State -14 over Clemson---With the Winston hype I think there is some value with FSU here even at this number. Clenson is not good this year as seen when they played Georgia.

UNC +3 over ECU--hig revenge game as everyone knows. UNC has a good squad and ECU off upset.

Idaho +14 over Ohio U--Idaho is a veteran group. Stunk so far but I can see them hanging within 10 here.

Like the Wiscy play too RR as a large fav.

Also like Wyoming Carpet. Going to work them in a ML parlay somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
          Since we have basically turned into a pay site (Contest Entry Fee) most information is being well guarded and not exchanged.

That is why Threads like the Upset of the week in College Football will always live on.
          Isn't that what this site is all about? Exchanging info with each other to help beat the books? Well it used to be back many years ago when I started here. But like everything else, it's all about the $$$.

Comment

Like Georgia Southern -2.5 over south bama too. Huge rushing edge.

Ps I still don't care about sharing my info or insight no matter what ....

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
              Isn't that what this site is all about? Exchanging info with each other to help beat the books? Well it used to be back many years ago when I started here. But like everything else, it's all about the $$$.
              I completely disagree. It's not about the $$.

We have our usual group that shares info.

In my opinion, I am glad we went to pay to play for pools. Running the pro football pool is proof. Out of the group that paid this year, compare it to prior years, those that only showed up to post picks to win sponsor cash did not add any value with picks or such to this site.

Curious to watch that Wyoming game. Their offense really is nothing special. If Air Force could hold them to 17, there's your proof.

Just continue to watch this week games, as it is going to be the final week for most teams regarding the non-conference schedule. The true team will now come out in a couple of weeks. I am expecting a little over inflated lines on teams that ran up points and or yards against sub par competition.

Comment

I have no problem throwing 25 bucks in for this contest. To me it is money well spent and all the money goes back to the winners. It's not like BW is taking a cut out of it. I do agree with some of what HT had to say about the sharing of info. Seems like we used to have more guys sharing their picks every week. I wish more people would join our threads like this one. Everybody that shares here has there good and bad weeks. Lord knows I have made some calls that have bit me in the balls a time or two. lol Thanks for all of you that chime in win or lose.....

RR84

Comment

You are right Taxman. The quality of information and people picking is going to be better.

Comment

To add to this, I like the way we discuss games here. I've looked at a few other sites and it mostly involves
                    someone posting their picks, with no reason or stats to back up the play. Then it's followed by a lot of GL replies.
                    At least we post and discuss as a group.

Just think that our discussion for College games is limited to a handful of us and that hasn't changed over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                      To add to this, I like the way we discuss games here. I've looked at a few other sites and it mostly involves
                      someone posting their picks, with no reason or stats to back up the play. Then it's followed by a lot of GL replies.
                      At least we post and discuss as a group.

Just think that our discussion for College games is limited to a handful of us and that hasn't changed over the past few years.
                      I am still waiting for the Kman to come out with his blockbuster weekend..You can do it...

Comment

What's your take on bama today rr ?

Liking the under but seems too easy.

Comment

Wow. Unc d is bad. Might be a long day for that play.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                            What's your take on bama today rr ?

Liking the under but seems too easy.
                            Sorry Woodee..Just now saw this.. I am trying to stay away from bama games as a rule.. At least for predictions.. I thought Florida would hang with them but apparently not so...

Comment

Anybody else get there ass handed to them yesterday?

I was mostly on the wrong side of every game and if I was close I got a bad break. One if those days.

Besides my Iowa pick on the upset college it was a horrible day!

Comment

Working...
                              X