Your Opinions on MNF Bears @ Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinions on MNF Bears @ Jets

What's your opinion on the Bears/Jets MNF game.

I'm in Chicago and I usually don't like betting on the Bears, but talk me off of why I shouldn't take the points?

I had the Bears at 1-1 going into this game. Unfortunately I had both the Buffalo and San Francisco end results wrong.

I had the Bears winning this game based upon the lack of QB potential w/ Geno Smith and the Bears exploiting the Jets secondary.

All thoughts are welcomed.

My system has the Jet -.5....meaning take the points and the bears. I would stay away from this game...probably a last minute FG for one team or the other.

Comment

I have NYJ without a big problem but strange things go down on Sunday and Monday nights- so the game probably goes to Chicago, lol.

Comment

All of these observations are obvious but, Jets are strong against the run but they are weak against the pass. Rodgers chewed them up last week and Cutler should chew them up too, esp. if Jeffery is healthier than last week. Cutler has only been sacked 3 times so far so that is encouraging, and he's only been picked twice. The Jets will be w/out Millner in the secondary but he really wasn't shutting anyone down anyway. The Jets will run the ball as that is their strength and the Bears weakness, and Geno can scramble, but if they have to rely on the passing game they will likely be in trouble, esp. with Decker less than 100% and ? for the game.
        Chicago had 3 TO's vs Buffalo and none against the 49ers.If they don't turn the ball over at all again I think they win SU. The Jets got out in front of the Packers right off the bat when a fumbled snap and gave them the ball in the red zone. If Chicago doesn't give them free points I think they win. And even if the Bears fall behind at least they have the ability to come from behind whereas the Jets would have a problem.
        In hindsight I often end up taking the square play but I like Chicago with the way better QB and stellar WR's, and a defense that isn't quite as bad as we may think.
        I don't like the total much at all and would lean UN.
        Bears 24 Jets 20

Comment

Yeah i see the bears winning the game. Jets secondary being the biggest issue. They do play very good at home but banged up decker hurts their already meagre offensive offering. Marshall played last week and looked pretty good jeffrey didnt but has had a long week to heal up. Just think bears are too much.

I caught this at bears +3 (like the points) and have bears +8, over 38.5 on a 6pt teaser )current line at +2

Comment

I AM NOT BETTING THIS GAME-Wife is she has the BEARS

Comment

Jets are a sloppy team. Drops and bad decisions are killing them.
              I have the jets to finish out a teaser at +4.

I doubt I will bet on either of these teams the rest of the year. Very flawed teams overall. Solid go against teams for sure!

Comment

I only saw the last few minutes of the game but highlights indicated that referee calls influenced their win and it was typical of how these Sunday and Monday night games play out. Am I mistaken?

Comment

There were at least 2 big calls that screwed the jets but the jets put themselves in a hole to begin the game. The oddsmakers did well making this an even game (on a neutral field) because i could see jets winning if they played again. Tonight they made too many mistakes. In the end the bears were happy to call a few more runs on their final drive and jets had the opportunity to tie but screwed it up in jets fashion.

I have heard people call for vick. I say keep geno in and see what you have. Can he be helped? Can he get better? Vick is terrible right now and would not last the season. He's a backup in case geno gets hurt. That's it

Comment

That's the problem with todays NFL- players are anoited and given opportunities before they have truly earned them. Smith is still learning how to play and he will fall on his face and hurt the team many more times before he ever becomes dependable (if it ever happens).

Comment

The injury factor can effect a game so much. But usually it's for the worse for a team. The Bears played through that with all those young guys filling in. And honestly as well as Peanut Tillman played in Chicago, Kyle Fuller is going to be that much better.

Comment

Working...
                      X