No announcement yet.

UPSET OF THE WEEK 7 POST THEM HERE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a system based on the original line of 0.5-2 = 2pts, 2.5-4 = 3pts, 4.5-6 = 4pts, 6.5-8 =5 pts, 8.5-10 6pts, 10.5+ 7pts? Naturally these are bonus points where you receive a base of +3 for a win and a -1 for a loss? I use this grid to rank my picks each week. Not that it works...So lets say you picked BC this week getting +5.5, they lost by 4, you start at -1 for the loss, but you won the game by the spread and the grid gets you +4, the final result would be +3 for the week. I think you should get credit for the line win, not the actual difference from the line points. This system is open for suggestions..,and for ease of use for players to understand how it would work.

Comment

You've got the job IM. Congratulations!
      Of course setting this up would be hard, considering we have a few who want to
      argue that 12:01am is still Saturday night and not Sunday.

Comment

IM..... I like where your going with the point system but keep it simple..... Remember, the intent of this particular contest is to pick the underdog to WIN the game, not just cover the spread. For the "Pick the Underdog to Win contest" I'd recommend simply use the original line on the game as the "Bonus Points" you accumulate if your underdog wins. Rewards those trying to pick Notre Dame +12 over FSU with 12 bonus points if their team pulls off the upset. No grouped system since we have an actual number to work with off the original line. The bonus points ends up being the first tie breaker should there be a tie in the final standings. My two cents worth for whatever it is worth. PD

Comment

Originally posted by PDiddy View Post
          IM..... I like where your going with the point system but keep it simple..... Remember, the intent of this particular contest is to pick the underdog to WIN the game, not just cover the spread. For the "Pick the Underdog to Win contest" I'd recommend simply use the original line on the game as the "Bonus Points" you accumulate if your underdog wins. Rewards those trying to pick Notre Dame +12 over FSU with 12 bonus points if their team pulls off the upset. No grouped system since we have an actual number to work with off the original line. The bonus points ends up being the first tie breaker should there be a tie in the final standings. My two cents worth for whatever it is worth. PD
          I like that idea and it keeps it simple and rewards those who are brave enough to take the big dog!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDiddy View Post
            This is spot on........

Comment

We have a year to work on a system where maybe some type of pick point system is the tie breaker-which I never thought of for the contest. It would also demonstrate the skill of the player, a way to rank the players. But wait that did so well for the BCS...:-)

Comment

When I won this contest years ago it was very simple......pick a dog to win outright, if they win you get the points they were favored to lose by. Period. The bigger the dog you take, the more you can win with your pick. Of course back then there was no charging people to enter a contest as the purpose of the site, as I always understood it, was to share information to beat the books.

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                  When I won this contest years ago it was very simple......pick a dog to win outright, if they win you get the points they were favored to lose by. Period. The bigger the dog you take, the more you can win with your pick. Of course back then there was no charging people to enter a contest as the purpose of the site, as I always understood it, was to share information to beat the books.
                  I personally have no problem if anyone wants to enter a contest, paid or not. I don't think you should be eligible for the prize money however. I never agreed with the freeloader theory. I agree with you that we should all share info. Unfortunately most of the better cappers want something to shoot for and there has to be a source for that prize money. This year the best option in my opinion was taken. I would love to have everyone's input regardless if they have paid or not.

If the guy that didn't pay won the contest....Hat's off to him and he or she deserved to..But again I don't feel that they should get prize money if they did not put up like everyone else..

Just my opinion and maybe we all take a look at it next year and try and be fair to everyone...

RR84

Comment

Working...
                  X