Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas State Wildcats

Comment

dkp....... It must have been a loooooooong week for you, on Oct 14 you made your upset pick of the week..... Arizona State. Good luck this weekend.

Comment

Kentucky

Comment

Originally posted by WhatNot View Post
          Kentucky
          I can sure see that happening....

Comment

I HATE this contest! :D

West Virginia

Comment

ND

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                Cookie is that you or Tom Waits?
                Nice Catch. Its Tom Waits. When I'd play his music it was not uncommon for those who'd not heard him (which were many) to say either: a.) "WTF IS THAT?!!??!" derisively, like, shocked because they thought his music so completely awful or b.) "WTF IS THAT?!!??!!" in a more positive tone because they thought his music was unique, diverse and interesting.

For those who took the first path (and did so in a manner that was ignorant i.e. closed minded, judgmental and/or hateful or insulting to Waits....and there were more than a few who reacted with very strong negativity to Tom's work) and because Tom Wait's vocals often sound like Cookie Monster (from Sesame Street)'s vocal on his one and only hit "C is for Cookie" I'd tell them it was Cookie Monster's later work, after the record company screwed him outta all his royalties for his hit song and he fell into the use of heroin. Largely unknown.

This I did because I didn't appreciate them reacting with such disdain to what I and many others found to be interesting and unique music.....very diverse, many various styles and instruments employed.

Theres a few people wandering around believing that Cookie Monster did alot more than just "C is for Cookie"....and they are not happy about it.

Especially with lyrics such as Tom lays out.

"boney's high on china white, shorty found a punk, don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk, well this stuff will probably kill you, let's do another line, what you say you meet me down on heartattack and vine."

"it's a battered old suitcase in a hotel someplace And a wound that would never heal No prima donnas the perfume is on and old shirt that is stained with blood and whiskey And goodnight to the street-sweepers, The night watchmen flame-keepers....

And Goodnight Matilda too."

Comment

Originally posted by WhatNot View Post
                  Kentucky
                  Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                  I can sure see that happening....
                  anyone familiar with Les Miles can see vividly....this happening.

Comment

Temple

Comment

Northwestern

Comment

Boston College

Comment

Ariz.St.

Comment

RR84.... Breaking news..... Temple lost to Houston last night 31-10.

Comment

Originally posted by PDiddy View Post
                              RR84.... Breaking news..... Temple lost to Houston last night 31-10.
                              Well I usually don't miss these things but I guess that one slipped up on me... Why didn't someone tell me before eleven? lol The good news is that I would have lost either way.. Pdiddy.. Very nice selection today with Kst.. I actually would have taken Oklahoma if someone would have put a gun to my head..

Thank you for the late info...lol Good luck my friend you are doing this contest well. I am glad that you guys share these picks with no payout. Maybe we will look into doing this for money next year..

Take care Pdiddy and keep picking them the way you are....

RR84

Comment

Originally posted by Masked Prognosticator View Post
                                I HATE this contest! :D

West Virginia
                                Very nice selection for someone who hates this contest..

Nice job....

Comment

Working...
                                X