Let's talk college football...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk college football...

Let's gets some chatter going early this week.

Love to hear all the thought everyone has.

Sec has a few games with tempting home dogs lsu, Kentucky, and tenny getting points against the top teams.

I like Georgia tech as I mentioned but think lsu might make the grade for me too.

Woodee,

Last year about this time 5 favorites lost to what at the time most thought were lesser teams.
    LSU lost to Mississippi
    Texas AM lost to Auburn
    Georgia lost to Vandy
    Florida lost to Missouri
    SC lost to Tennessee

Most were road favorites as I remember. You are right that this week looks inviting but the difference in my opinion is that the teams that got beat last year were not on the roll that these are this year. The teams they played also ended up pretty good and were not to shabby. I actually said the same thing you are saying that weekend about this one but it doesn't have the same feel to me...

I wish you luck my friend...

Comment

Alabama clearly isn't the same on the road as they are at home so that is a leave alone game for me. I do believe that both the Miss teams will absorb at least one loss- I just don't think this week is it though.

Comment

The Over/Under that Illinois coach gets fired is 7-5 as Illinois is a 6.5 dog at home vs MN. ILLINI starting 2 QB's Offensive coach Cubit said he has never done that. Coach Beckman demands it. Bailey is a great running stud but as coach cubit said against a stacked box of 9 it is a whole new game. The Illini have only scripted 4 plays for Bailey to run and they are all run plays.

I see this being another ugly game for Illinois score being 38-14 MN easliy under the Over/Under at 56. I am playing MN -6.5 and Under 56

Comment

Early heads up and no joke.
          Look for a former head coach who still has some cred (why I don't know) come into
          discussions if Beckman is dismissed. Drum roll................June Jones.

Comment

There is no way Mike Thomas would hire Jones-

June Jones wasn't able to deliver on his promise of a prolific offense at SMU because he couldn't recruit or develop a difference-maker at quarterback,

Comment

I truly didn't throw that out to be provocative, Carpet.
              I will only say that the Fighting Illini have a difficult route to go for their next coach.
              I think that their next option is someone from the NFL or someone with NFL experience.

The AD does have Jones' agent's # on his IPhone 6. That I can promise you.

Comment

Sorry, I took this thread off of point.
                Let's pick some winners this weekend.

Comment

Nebraska, San Jose State, WVU and UNC all intrigue me this week with the Huskers the only favorite of the bunch. Weather alert Palo Alto has a 60% chance of rain if any of you follow the Stanford/Oregon State game this week, the cards are a 13 1/2 point favorite.

Comment

My top 5--

Georgia tech +3.5
                    Tennessee +19 or more. Waiting on this one.
                    Akron ML
                    Okie state pk
                    Syracuse +14.5

Comment

Illinois down to +3.5. What's with the line move carpet?

Comment

I thought of taking them for my upset...

Comment

yep same here....

Comment

Working...
                          X