Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mock Hilton Contest"........Week #9.........Post Your 5 Picks Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It helps to have a computer science degree and about 20 years to play with this stuff, lol....as for accounting for injuries, that's why it takes me about 3 minutes to generate various lines and about 3 days to actually rank & post the actual selections. I'm not real big on big line games in general and picking super crappy teams like I did this week is a great way to end up feeling very stupid Monday morning.

Comment

• A couple years ago I think I went on a run picking 15 straight correctly. I got red hot sometimes once I find something that's working. We'll see what happens, but I was pretty good week 8 too, winning my last 5 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        It helps to have a computer science degree and about 20 years to play with this stuff
        Yeah...I ain't got that. Ain't ever gonna have it either....within this lifetime at least. Have the opposite, in fact. Expelled from High School for "borrowing" the Driver's Ed. car to go to a UFO concert 140 miles away...in San Diego...and a brain that is literally allergic to Math, completely unable to focus when even the most rudimentary equation is involved.

Blessed though with a mind that is also unable to recognize this abhorance of numbers as a "dealkiller" where finding the right side of NFL bet is concerned. Recognize it as dealkiller where winning Poker is involved though.

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        I'm not real big on big line games in general and picking super crappy teams like I did this week is a great way to end up feeling very stupid Monday morning.
        Precisely why I was so in awe of you're ticket this week, as...historically about 1 in 4 dd faves cover and you navigated that minefield. I got JAX but hated the pick and the game was stressful as hell, them bein' OK ATS then not then OK again then not then OK again then not then finally somehow surviving BY ONE POINT!!!

NO ONE is gonna convince my the lines are not INFINITELY sharper than they were in the late '80's on through the 90's when, by comparison to now....this shizzat seemed a "Breeze".

And memories of such is what caused me to join this contest in the first place.

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
        A couple years ago I think I went on a run picking 15 straight correctly.
        Weeks 3 & 4 (or 4 & 5 maybe) I got 5-0s, IIRC 12 straight with games on each side which left me sure that I'd figured it out. Since then though just 1-4s, 2-3s maybe ONE 3-2. Totally rained on the Victory Parade in my mind.

I posted it in another post too but if you have never seen it belows a link to the most in-depth (i've ever seen at least) report on The Computer Group which will likely never be duplicated again. Doesn't hurt to fantasize that it could be though....I reckon. Being a Computer Guy yourself, its a rather long article but totally worth the read. If for no other reason that to IMAGINE what it would have been like, in those days...1980s when the world was so different from now so much more innocent and less threatening, hanging out at Imperial Palace, Stardust....anywhere on the strip daily throughout Bowl Season

....while watching 85% of your plays come in.

Talk about "Conquering Heroes", Gods amongst Men.....

boggles my mind to imagine how awesome that would be. http://www.offshorebettor.com/images/COMPUTER.htm

Comment

• Week 11

Browns
          Vikings
          Saints
          Colts
          Steelers

Comment

• Originally posted by KdubbNM View Post
            Browns
            Vikings
            Saints