A true Bar Story this week-Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
    Wife and I will head back to the Cantina this Saturday to collect from the village onslaught waged by them last week.
    Cover all possible exits, they may try to run when they spot you approaching on the parking lot security cams. Don't try the Sopapillas, they're addictive and bad for us.

Comment

'ppears as though BLACKCAT saw recurrance of that neurological spasm what causes him to type Bears.

Browns +3
      Cardinals +6.5
      Jaguars +14
      Titans +11
      Bears -5.5

Lovie very troubled by the timing of this attack. This turns out as Lovie sees it unfolding Cat's card gets torpedoed early by Swashbucklin' crazies bent on bringin Lovie Revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
        Usually an auto pick for me to play a team after they were embarrassed on a prime time game.
        Wait a minute. This explains Cincinnati's upset win over the Saints as well as (at least applying to) the Bears covering!! That just occurred to me, as I continue to try and understand not so much HOW or why teams play terrible one week then great or at least a WHOLE lot better the next but if theres a way to spot in advance where the phenomenon might be expected.

Which of course is the more important thing so as to either play ON a certain team but more likely to NO PLAY a specific matchup....cuz its got "the attributes" of the Jeckyl/Hyde deal.

So is there any games that meet this criteria this weekend? Oh heres one:

Comment

But Indy is givin' 14 points to Division rival Jaguars who, historically at least, have played the Colts tough.

Were The Colts "embarrassed" anyway? To fit this System Play can a team be just slightly humiliated

or do they have to be fully embarrassed?

I'm not supposed to lay double-digits (and especially not 2 whole touchdowns within a DIV game) though but it certainly feels like I should. Every week week its exactly like this, starts out with me disciplined determined not to make Square mistakes (again) but as the weekend draws nearer its like a massive vacuum cleaner trys to suck me onto the squarest plays on the board.

And it generally succeeds.

Comment

I had time to speak with Corn Picker today as we kicked the tires on every game.

One thing that rang true from this exhausting review was we are not playing the Bears game this week. Looks like rain for the game-Don't trust the Bears after a rare victory-

We see one lone dog hunting in this pack of games-ARIZONA +6.5 that brings any value as a dog to the table of all games. AZbeat Seattle last year 17-10 if memory serves me correct. AZ is a live dog hunting and this will be a close game.

Comment

ARIZONA +6.5
              Line is trying to get to AZ +7.5, made it there at Pinnacle and 5Dimes +7.5 (-118), gotta think this is the correct side of this vital DIV matchup good luck sir & have a great time at The Cantina!

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
                But Indy is givin' 14 points to Division rival Jaguars who, historically at least, have played the Colts tough.

Were The Colts "embarrassed" anyway? To fit this System Play can a team be just slightly humiliated

or do they have to be fully embarrassed?

I'm not supposed to lay double-digits (and especially not 2 whole touchdowns within a DIV game) though but it certainly feels like I should. Every week week its exactly like this, starts out with me disciplined determined not to make Square mistakes (again) but as the weekend draws nearer its like a massive vacuum cleaner trys to suck me onto the squarest plays on the board.

And it generally succeeds.
                I might not call it embarrassed, although it was on national TV.....but probably extremely humbled and yes, humiliated. When I was in H.S. I went camping with some buddies. One of them copped an attitude and threw beans on me. I was humiliated in front of my friends so I had no choice but to punch him out. He was humiliated in front of his friends, and girlfriend I might add. He promptly dragged her into his tent and had rough sex with her. Imagine my humiliation if he had punched me out instead.
                I think that's how the Colts feel as they had both beans thrown on them, and, got punched out to boot. I think they have no mercy this week.
                The Colts beat them by 20 and 34 last year without a chip on their shoulder. Indy turns the table and wins 42-20.

Comment

I think the Jags are alot more pissed off than Indy and I expect a let down game for Indy

Comment

Pissed off about what? That they had a bye last week?

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                      Pissed off about what? That they had a bye last week?
                      Their year to date effort-sooner our later it has to change

Comment

Their year to date effort-sooner our later it has to change
                        I don't know about that. They gave up pretty early and turned the reigns over to Bortles, they've got
                        2 rookie WR's out of their top 3, they've given up on Gerhart and Denard Robinson is their lead RB. I'd say
                        they are in full rebuild, trying to build for next year mode. They don't really expect to win but if they do
                        it's nice. Nothing to really be pissed about.

Comment

Went to the Cantina today for some drinks and food. I was expecting some activity for this week instead I was handed a white envelope from last week which was bigger than I expected-Guess I forgot to count a bettor or two and they came forward love honesty.

Collywobbles called it early on- I scared them off as not a one approached me on a bar for a bet for this week. I think they (the squares) will be back in due time especially during playoffs.

GL My friends

Comment

The wife and I was at our local watering hole a Cantina to kick back and have a few beers and watch some college football.

After a while I asked out loud to the bar do you think the Bears will beat the Vikings this week and everyone said NO WAY- I
                            said I think the Bears will win and they all challenged me to put my money where my mouth is.

Once the Bears bets were done some local came up and asked who else do you like-I said well I have been doing well on Arizona and he said how much. What quickly came to my mind was these people I am betting with at the bar have no idea the amount of time I put in on games weekly.

Wife and walked out of the bar and she asked me if I lost my mind-You have all these bets with people at $ a pop and they are all against you. The next two hours I was ridiculed by these guys for my picks.

I told my wife that these people (people at bars) do not know one tenth of the knowledge we know here at Bettors World.

Laying Chicago-3 at home it amazed me the anti sentiment of local Chicago betting fans for this team-AZ at home also made sense

Long story short I won both games and it was a major cover for the Carpet. Never doubt your first gut instinct on a game Refuse to be talked off a game IF your gut says Yes to begin with

GL My friends
                            If you can't figure out who the sucker in the room is, then it's probably you.

Comment

I like to be known as a sucker-thanks for the advice.

Comment

I think they (the squares) will be back in due time especially during playoffs.
                                They'll be back. They are hesitant to give 6ish pts. vs. Lovie. They're not loving Tressman. Looks like I'm gonna form the shape of a square here and take Lovie's Bucs. Oh well....if Jay and Da Bears can cover the 5 amidst Cloudy, low around 25 with a west wind 15 to 25 mph gusts as high as 35 mph 50% chance of precipitation then so be it...I'll begrudgingly take the L. I'm a square. Till I grow past this I gotta accept it and make the best of it. Can't pull the trigger on the AZ Cards cuz Fitzgerald hobbly, fear Stanton won't handle the chaos of CenturyLink well, that 17-10 W LY Palmer at QB he threw 4 ints!!! They still won, SEA with some injuries, a not entirely well Marshawn (back) playing through pain. Just too many people in SEA in the Mock....smart play is to lay off and hope for your predicted AZ cover. Mostly what would be HUGE is BUF covering that stale line LOL. Doesn't feel like this will happen though....I've heard they haven't practiced and some players had to be ferried from their homes by snowmobile. Buf-4.5 would be a brave call but completely reckless. Kyle friggin ORTON fer chrissakes LMEAO.

Gonna be an interesting Sunday. Lotta noise about Vikings staying close with GB. Line down from opener around 10 to 8 now.

GL this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X