A true Bar Story this week-Betting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A true Bar Story this week-Betting

The wife and I was at our local watering hole a Cantina to kick back and have a few beers and watch some college football.

After a while I asked out loud to the bar do you think the Bears will beat the Vikings this week and everyone said NO WAY- I
    said I think the Bears will win and they all challenged me to put my money where my mouth is.

Once the Bears bets were done some local came up and asked who else do you like-I said well I have been doing well on Arizona and he said how much. What quickly came to my mind was these people I am betting with at the bar have no idea the amount of time I put in on games weekly.

Wife and walked out of the bar and she asked me if I lost my mind-You have all these bets with people at $ a pop and they are all against you. The next two hours I was ridiculed by these guys for my picks.

I told my wife that these people (people at bars) do not know one tenth of the knowledge we know here at Bettors World.

Laying Chicago-3 at home it amazed me the anti sentiment of local Chicago betting fans for this team-AZ at home also made sense

Long story short I won both games and it was a major cover for the Carpet. Never doubt your first gut instinct on a game Refuse to be talked off a game IF your gut says Yes to begin with

GL My friends

I didn't doubt the Bears this week. I just couldn't imagine why 30 people thought it was a game-of-the-week selection!

Comment

I doubted the Bears this week. I did this because when trying to predict how well a team will perform I consider how they have been performing in previous games but this week's games have revealed this to be a foolish approach. As the Bungals showed vs. NOLA, after last weeks Bungal disgrace vs. BROWNS + NOLA's normal home dominance (they plastered GB...sure Rogers went down but NOLA was already basically controlling the game) teams' previous performance EVEN FROM JUST DAYS PRIOR has no bearing whatsoever on how they'll do in the next game. Basically makes as much sense as saying if a man cannot play guitar on a Thursday theres no reason to intelligently conclude that he won't be a guitar virtuoso on par with Yngwie friggin MALMSTEEN about 9 days later.

Thanks for trying to warn me about not overlooking Dogs though Carpet. Last week's results made me think I could take my time heeding that advice.

Bears have sucked hind tit pretty much all year. Why should I have had confidence in them this week?

Comment

I think its a bit of a case-by-case thing. On the Bears, you had to think Jay Cutler can outplay the Vikings guy. If you can't win a game like that, what can you win? But that's not to say I felt glowingly confident considering the recent trend favored the Vikings. You can pretty much expect that a team won't lose in the same way two weeks in a row (although that's not to say they won't come back and suck in a uniquely new way). The NFL is close enough that a couple turnovers in the dogs favor can really swing a game between any two teams, but that also can't happen every single game.

Comment

Jay Cutler outplay Teddy Bridgewater???!!?? Or....Jay Cutler outplay anybody...for that matter??!?. In hindsight it feels like a proposition worthy of consideration but prior to the event...pretty difficult to wrap my brain around the concept. Jay still threw 2 INTs.

330 yards and 3 TDs yes....still 2 INTs though...Teddy zero INTs I believe. I didn't get to watch the game because SEA @ KC was pretty enthralling. I had SEA+1.5 thats a loss I accept, viewed it as a necessary risk cuz only 35 slots left to make up ground on damn mattattack so I couldn't take CLE (Thank God) or better example....I couldn't tale ATL cuz he had those so to do so would be to say "well let me just give this one spot away" (which I chose to do anyways with the DNV pick but that seemed such a gimme + didn't see any better options....no sensible way to avoid it). At least the SEA loss to KC made some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
            Jay Cutler outplay Teddy Bridgewater???!!?? Or....Jay Cutler outplay anybody...for that matter??!?. In hindsight it feels like a proposition worthy of consideration but prior to the event...pretty difficult to wrap my brain around the concept. Jay still threw 2 INTs.
            Collywobbles let me explain the basic reasoning behind the bears bet-They had to win it was back against the wall time vs an inferior opponent-I would take that bet any day.

Jay Cutler was the luckiest passer that game I ever saw as his wounded ducks was caught by his tall and talented receivers. It really was the Bears defense what won that game and they rattled Bridgewater for sure as expected.

Happy Hunting this week.

Comment

Plus when a team really looks bad one week like the bears did against the pack, all fans are jumping ship. Usually an auto pick for me to play a team after they were embarrassed on a prime time game.

I loved the bears this week too.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                when a team really looks bad one week like the bears did against the pack, all fans are jumping ship.
                There was people still left on the ship??!!!? I thought that everyone had gotten the hell off of the ship after the first time Green Bay pounded The Bears, in Week 4 I think...Sept. 28th. I only know the date cuz I had a friend at the game and he was calling every 2minutes or so to ask if we'd seen him on TV then finally, early in the 3rd quarter, just made someone in the bar stay on the phone with him in case he appeared on the TV.

It was like being back in 1920 I reckon or how it'd be if your 12 year old daughter was in the audience at American Bandstand. Thats how I remember the date, its seared in my mind because he is such an idiot.

I'd expect the Captain was still on the ship as the Captain is supposed to stay on the ship no matter what happens but then it is Chicago arguably the most fiercely loyal to their sports teams fans on Earth, which is a hugely good thing really and speaks well of Chicagoans. Bulls may reward them this year.

Be careful carpet, this is how it begins: Those squares brothers of mine in your bar will now start askin' you for picks then before you know it you're making daily videos screaming about 150 Dime LockGame of The Century. Do not let us (squares) drag you into the abyss brother.

Comment

I dont think so but wishful thinking-Now is the time to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    Now is the time to FOCUS
                    It certainly is that as FootballTime now accelerates "like a Vapor" then suddenly Football Season is Over. No More Games.

If thats not motivation enough for you to focus then this might be:

2014-$25 PRO FOOTBALL GOW-STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 11

There are 43 paid entries:

Standings in numerical order:
                    Capper Record

trytrytry 9-2
                    carpet 8-3

Good Luck to you sir.

Comment

Well it may not work, but with Tampa Bay in town it might be nice to
                      treat your bride to another afternoon out. Then take all the $s that think the
                      Bears will cover easily this Sunday.
                      If it does happen again, you would have to offer up a free round for the house.
                      Congratulations!

Comment

I am looking at that game hard K-Man

Comment

Carpet is at ground level looking at the games first blush the line is really high this week screams of dogs. The Book has ratcheted up the line as far as they can take it and it is high on most games.

Good Luck my friends-

Comment

Collywobbles I have been focusing in as a laser beam on picks. I am waiting to talk to Corn Picker my betting partner. You see Corn Picker is my brother he lives deep in the flat lands of Corn. He follows NFL 24 hours a day in a very primitive way and is most insightful at times.

Wife and I will head back to the Cantina this Saturday to collect from the village onslaught waged by them last week.

I will walk in with my best 2 games if they are interested again-Should be fun.

Good Luck my friend-Will keep you posted as the laser beam focus remains.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X