Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mock Hilton Contest"........Week #12.........Post Your 5 Picks Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
    Good Lord Widestrides!! Looking for anything to bring confidence in Orton & specifically his record in a dome I found he has 98.4 QB rating on turf, thats encouraging but Bills off the chaos of the days leading up to this, little or no practice....exciting stuff. On another note I do officially regret my pick on Broncos -7....wish I'd done something else, Miami D may cause Manning some problems today and his receiving core is less than healthy....oh well whats done is done.

BlackCat
    what does "I also ranked them by past performances of the entrants! I gave points for each game above (and lost points for BELOW) 28 selections" translate to in more layman's terms? What does it mean??? Past performances...of the entrants, like, how well they've done selecting that particular team or....what?

And whatever it means why is "28 selections" a level of something upon which it's based?
    55 selections so 27.5 is 50%. Past performance was based on record in Hilton to date...ie your selections get a +3 if you have 31 in the contest. I cut off the negative side at about -5 or so allowing that some people got 0-5s for posting late and not actual selections.

Comment

NE Covers

Comment

Why were so many people on Broncos for us? Wasn't that way in official contest. Peyton lovers?

Comment

Originally posted by ZMan View Post
          Why were so many people on Broncos for us? Wasn't that way in official contest. Peyton lovers?
          Miami, perceived as weaker, lower tiered team (perhaps largely due to their last couple of seasons, playing in New England dominated AFC East and a lack of confidence in Ryan Tannehill) traveling to Wintery Denver to face a Manning team (perceived as very strong team) just off a loss. We almost covered lol. Were it not for that totally stupid after the play is over Unsportsmanlike Conduct call on Denver then the Pass Interference in the end zone....yeah, I know...whiny crap but DNV themselves ripped the cover away from us. Me personally definitely guilty of the aforementioned square analysis of the matchup leading to DEN-7 but more importantly making totally stupid mistakes throughout this contest thus grappling to make up a 5 or 6 point deficit....can count that many errors on my part just in the last 4 weeks. Gotta do better, make the tough calls that the square head hates. The calls that make "collywobbles" in the stomach which is why this entry is named that in the first place but I ain't got good enough discipline. I better find it quickly.

Comment

This was a great week to catch the leaders...

Comment

Working...
            X