2014-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-FINAL STANDINGS-6 IN TIE BREAKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-FINAL STANDINGS-6 IN TIE BREAKER

WEEK # 14: 20-9, By far the best week of the year.
    For the Season: 236-242-3, Covers actual picks, no non-picks included.

FINAL STANDINGS:

Winner@ 10-5:
    oakas
    Thanking God that humans get cramps, especially Florida St. Defensive backs.

In the Tie Breaker next week for 2nd and 3rd place @ 9-6:

never lose
    zshimer
    woodee12
    Masked Prognosticator
    chrny
    Boone Moone

8-7

winnersbyt&b
    bret3518
    red raider 84
    Cookie Monster-Fresno St. won't or can't score. you got it.
    OCK
    Krichinsky
    Carpet
    ndsent1
    Imagine More

7-7-1

Bama25

7-8

xbigpappa
    kudler
    trytrytry
    aakj
    Dinger

6-8-1

Pdiddy
    dkp

6-9

oldluds
    ALLSPORT
    widestrides

5-10

What Not
    Taxman
    dragon1952

4-11

Chargerette

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
    Winner@ 10-5: oakas
    Thanking God that humans get cramps, especially Florida St. Defensive backs.
    Congrats Oakas , Masked P not gonna be happy about this at all along with fans of TCU/Baylor or, God Forbid OHIO STATE which "obviously" has to be top 4 (just try to imagine the outcry if they're not, unprecedented level of noise) in a perfect world argument can be made that #5 gets "squeak by everyone" Florida State in an elimination game and I think both TCU and Baylor win that game vs. Seminoles...especially Baylor lol but just my opinion of course, the feelings of a 50% (at best) College Football picker.

Imperfect argument, first runner up to the Top 4 getting a shot at Fl. State cuz then Seminoles and their opponent would have to play an added game but baseball does it. Not even close enough an analogy to be called "apples and oranges" I understand but it comes to mind, oh well. Point is: Masked P and a couple school's fans are gonna be pissed but this is probably unavoidable. Question is...."is this current (playoff) system the answer and if not what tweaks to it make the answer?"

Cookie Monster-Fresno St. won't or can't score. you got it.
    Not so fast there K, a scoreboard malfunction has apparently occurred and FresNO has been awarded 7 points so the cover is in jeopardy. Another short circuit in the scoreboard that awards them a field goal and I lose. Which might be better as Late Pick in week 3 or so separates me from 9-6 & a chance to be part of the playoff so a non-cover here would erase that but cover hopefully re-inforces lifelong lessons delivered to me about punctuality and not practicing tardiness.

Tie Breaker at least adds some interest to the Army-Navy game.

Thanks for the contest!! Quite dramatic and worth the investment MANY times over.

Comment

Thanks a lot Cookie Monster. I really appreciate it.

Very well run contest.

Comment

BIG congrats to Oakas with an aces pick as Louisiana Tech wins my man the BIG money! Now YT goes from the penthouse to the outhouse, trying to handicap the miserable Army-Navy game for the scraps! :

Comment

First and foremost thanks to Kman for a great contest! Congrats Oakas on winning the contest! I know personally I have no real interest in the army navy game next week. Anyone interested in a split? I would take 50 and the rest could take 60 each, just a thought.

Comment

Cookie Monster, I jinxed you. Sorry.
            Also, the Bowl games are coming, we need you picking.

Comment

[B]WEEK # 14: 20-9, By far the best week of the year.
              For the Season: 236-242-3, Covers actual picks, no non-picks included.
              Adjustments:
              Week #14:19-10, Still our best week of the year.
              2014 Season: 235-243-3

Comment

Thank's Krichinsky,, for doing such a great job !

Congrats Oakas, good luck to the rest.

Comment

I'd do a split if everyone wanted. I know I brought that up another year and got shot down.

Or play it thru.

Just a crap game to take a stab at for a whole seasons worth of work.

Comment

Cookie Monster, I jinxed you. Sorry.
                    Also, the Bowl games are coming, we need you picking.
                    I demand reparations. My Lawyer is, as we speak, preparing documents along that line of request Mr. Krichinsky. On his advice we are willing to cut you a break and settle right now, out of court, if I'm moved immediately to 9-6 record and thus included in the (scintillating) Army-Navy Playoff. You'd do well to accept this settlement Mr. Krichinsky, you don't wanna go to court on this one Mr. Krichinsky its a slam dunk you have egregiously jinxed me Mr. Krichinsky even to the extent that while watching the Boise Game my television broke and the field was blue on the screen. Which has happened before, strangely....other TVs went kapoot while watching Boise State. As for Bowl Contest I hopefully will be back in time to partake, relative has degenerative Alzheimer's, much like the Great Glen Campbell the sad end draws near so here near to the holidays the family gathers for what will surely be the final time (but has been a long time coming so the family is prepared, as much as can be) so I think I can't do the Bowl contest but I hope to.

Army-Navy was gonna be my Bowl Contest but you jinxed me Mr. Krichinsky.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                      I'd do a split if everyone wanted. I know I brought that up another year and got shot down.

Or play it thru.

Just a crap game to take a stab at for a whole seasons worth of work.
                      Interesting proposition. I wonder, from a "+EV (best most intelligent value)" perspective what the correct approach is????....very interesting proposition. I think if I was in it I'd take it. Everyone wins....there MAY be gamblers in our midst though.....degens maybe even, god forbid lol.

Comment

I think this contest needs a better tie breaker. A couple years ago when I won this contest I had no clue what to pick in the army navy game. I was fortunate enough to win but still i knew nothing about either team. I disagree with taking a split. This contest is built with a tie breaker. If who ever wins wants to cut the other guys a check then so be it but you guys should play it out for final spots.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
                          I think this contest needs a better tie breaker. A couple years ago when I won this contest I had no clue what to pick in the army navy game. I was fortunate enough to win but still i knew nothing about either team. I disagree with taking a split. This contest is built with a tie breaker. If who ever wins wants to cut the other guys a check then so be it but you guys should play it out for final spots.
                          Timing of Army-Navy game just so perfect though lol, culminating game of season. Question of split or play through is, undoubtedly, one of those with no right or wrong answer but only answerable by personal preference of each and I'd reckon, just like a jury, a unanimous decision needed to split with no animosity towards one abstainer because, truly, there is no right or wrong answer. I just wondered, in terms of bare naked mathematical BESTNESS such as great poker players would employ, numerical strategy, "game theory", investment vs. guaranteed return of 60 versus risk of more or nothing....what would be the absolute most intelligent choice for a person here to make.

Comment

The last time a split was proposed it got deep-sixed by the Mods because it was not addressed in the original contest rules. That said, II'll be the first to be the dick and say I want to go for it all.

As for the tiebreaker, I think its perfect because of the timing. To me its like the MLB wild-card game----you play all year to avoid it.

I do have one question, and I don't think its that farfetched considering how this contest has gone and theres six in the tiebreaker---what if two cappers correctly pick the side, O/U AND submit the same total score for the Army-Navy game? What then?

Comment

MP,
                              I checked the rule book. If the scenario you bring up happens, the rules state
                              that the prize money will be donated to the commissioner's ongoing research
                              project to find the best tasting IPAs in America.
                              As my wife has noted, this is a non-profit project, so all donations are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X