Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-TIE-BREAKER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-TIE-BREAKER!

Trivia: Don't cheat. On the "Don't tread on me" flag, what type of rattlesnake is pictured?

All picks are due at either posting spot by 12:00pm (Noon) EST on December 13, 2014.
    Post here or at [email protected]
    Anyone who has an interest or for fun can post their picks.
    However, only the following will be playing for 2nd, $250.00 and 3rd, $100.00 prize money:

never lose
    zshimer
    woodee12
    Masked Prognosticator
    chrny
    Boone Moone

Each post must include a side pick (with spread) army or NAVY, a total pick of over or under the listed total and
    a pick of the total number of points scored in the game. The winner of total points will be the player who comes closest to
    the final score regardless if their number is over or under the actual points total.

The Game:
    Saturday, December 13, 2014. 3:00pm EST
    NAVY -15
    army +15
    Total: 57

Great Contest-

NAVY -15 to run all day on Army.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
      Great Contest-

half right. They're gonna run all over each other all day. Entering in case this factors towards Widestrides tabulations, aiming once again for 50%. Midshipmen, Bowl secured but more importantly with no chance of winning the coveted Commander's Trophy that they've owned for the last 2 years and 9 of the last 11 but have now lost to Air Force, get (somewhat) challenged in this spot by an Army squad that usually performs terribly off rest (their last game Nov 22) but is uniquely motivated here by Navy AD Gladchuk disrespecting Army after Army got trapped in really thick fog and was unable to make the press conference.

Week 9 of this contest I was teetering on the edge, win or get booted out of the contest, I called upon Army, they saved me. +3 vs. UCONN they beat 'em outright 35-21. Army Black Knights.

I do reckon I'm gonna need about 12 of that +15.

GLTA & Happy Holidays. It was an honor and a privilege to compete against you.

Comment

Cookie, glad you are here. You bring some great info.
        Carpet, add your over/under and total points.

K-Man:
        Navy -15
        Under 57
        Final score-Navy 35 army 10

The numbers you need to know:
        4k cadets, 4k midshipman over 2 hours to march on the field.
        Parking-$80.00 in all stadium cash lots.
        Beer inside the stadium-$12.00 16oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
          Cookie, glad you are here. You bring some great info.
          The numbers you need to know:
          4k cadets, 4k midshipman over 2 hours to march on the field.
          Parking-$80.00 in all stadium cash lots.
          Beer inside the stadium-$12.00 16oz.
          Good Lord. What have we come to? Sincerely. And its nothing even remotely like what you're researching in the IPA study I'll bet. If it were maybe we could find some glimmer of sense in this but thats just utterly ridiculous. How do people even afford to go to Public Events anymore? Really. "Parking-$80.00 in all stadium cash lots" What planet is this? I'm actually embarrassed by $12 for a beer, I don't know why but $80 to park just ignites rage. The game is in Baltimore, Maryland not Manhattan or Abu Dhabi. How can $80 to park be justified? The word "Government" is probably somewhere in the answer to that question.

Thanks for the vote of confidence K-man. I was gun shy to add not wanting to tip a contender in any certain direction based on a hardass Naval AD and fog.

I've presented what might very well be the squarest of angles on this one: Navy flat having secured bowl, lost cup + double digit dog in rivalry game but, as the line suggests, Navy the much more "competent" squad and as my sub 500 record in this contest suggests, I generally land on the wrong side of these things.

Hope that the Research is continuing along smoooooothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
            Great Contest-

NAVY 37
            Army 21
            OVER

Comment

Just sent my pick to the e-mail address, hope you got it....Good Luck, guys !!
              ;)

Comment

Navy beats Army 45-17 with the Middies sporting their new Under Armour "Don't Tread On Me" uniforms.

Comment

Krichimsky my pick is in

Thanks for hosting the contest and may the best 2 cappers take the rest of the cash, good luck everyone!

Comment

Sorry for misspelling your name K, f-n iPad!!!!!

Comment

mine's in

GL to all

Comment

2nd Place: $250
                        3rd Place: $100

All of the picks for the 6 in the tie breaker group playing for 2nd and 3rd place are here.
                        K-man, Carpet and PDiddy all have picks on the game as well. No cash for us.

army +15

zshimer: under 57, total points 51

woodee12: under 57, total points 53

NAVY -15

never lose: under 57, total points 52, NAVY 35-army 17

Masked Pronosticator: under 57, total points 43, NAVY 33-army 10

chrny: under 57, total points 53.5 (like the play)

Boone Moone: under 57, total points 51

Comment

Trivia answer: (not that anyone asked) The rattlesnake pictured on the "Don't tread on me" flag is a Timber rattlesnake.

The total has been bet down to 55.5.

Comment

ARMY
                            OVER

Comment

Line closed at NAVY -16.5.
                              Total went as low as 54 this morning, but moved up to close at 55.5.

Comment

Working...
                              X