Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Mock Hilton Contest"........Week #16.........Post Your 5 Picks Here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
    "if there was such a pick." Colly, you are assuming through some logic or guessing that he wanted to pick Jax, Washington or SD and that he denied himself the opportunity to do that because he was the "showrunner?" If he wanted one or any of those early teams, he could have just posted before the Thursday or Saturday deadlines or emailed them to Jeff if he wanted to keep the other ones secret.
    Whatever the case, the discussion of whether he did forego an early game winner illustrates why there does need to be a contingency in place for if the guy running a contest is in contention, alternate email to send picks to because no one should be put into the position of having to sacrifice a winner in such a circumstance. If that were in place here, as an official rule, I believe Boys would be at 50.5 wins right now. The improvised "I'm mailing to Jeff" route would seem shady to some. Not everyone knows what people's relationships are here. People've been registered here for over a decade, they know each other...you'd think they'd be "tight" after having shared a forum for 10+ years. If the contest runner is in contention then emailed picks take an alternate path would be a simple, sensible solution that would be a positive for even the contest runner himself.

Comment

Bengals stepped up, no regrets on the selection of Denver here. Dalton in a meaningful game and primetime TV? The Fade works more times than not. It failed to work at a horrible moment for a few of us. Congrats to J. Daubenspeck for grabbing the lead, on to the final week.

This, I promise you,
      will. be. interesting.

Comment

I spoke with Jeff yesterday and we both agreed that the tie breaker rule should be changed. I'll re-write the tie breaker rule sometime today. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I think it's been one week since I bitched about missing out on a 4-1 week by 1 hour even though I'm in the UK and we don't know nothing about GRIDIRON. I'd have 51 points. /Moan

Comment

Dalton is a fade. That guy is overrated. But is a decent game mAnager as they say. But misses too many throws.

I'm pissed at him for that shitty pass he threw to AJ green early that got him hurt. I needed a couple catches from AJ to win my fantasy championship and after that he could barely move his arm!

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post

Friggin "Z-MAN" plows in with a week 16 5-0 if DEN covers, outta friggin nowhere, to get up in that 3-way tie at 50 what the hell is this guy thinking?!?
              Woah, hey now, I've been top 5 all season. Hah. I missed that Denver pick on purpose. Going 5-0 final weekend... good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                Dalton is a fade. That guy is overrated. But is a decent game mAnager as they say. But misses too many throws.

I'm pissed at him for that shitty pass he threw to AJ green early that got him hurt. I needed a couple catches from AJ to win my fantasy championship and after that he could barely move his arm!
                Even when he manages to not give the game away he still finds a way to have a negative impact for someone, lol.

He came into this game with a 19.4 QB Rating 2-6 ATS in Primetime TV games. At midnight Saturday fading him seemed a +EV proposition. By kickoff the entire world was on Broncos. It had become among the Top 10 Squarest Plays of the entire Season, probably Top 3. I knew I was doomed. I managed to buy back my wager cuz ain't no way I'm staying on board with, not Just Joe Public but all his nieces, neighbors, all his former classmates....

Here though? In the contest? I stay...not necessarily "doomed" but...severely in Peril.

Joe Public really opened his purse strings for the final Monday Nighter.

Books will be in a very good mood this morning, if anyone needs to call and ask 'em for anything now would be a good time to do that.

Sorry for your misfortune of late entry citizenc, thats a tremendous bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by ZMan View Post
                  Woah, hey now, I've been top 5 all season. Hah. I missed that Denver pick on purpose. Going 5-0 final weekend... good luck.
                  The fact that you HAVE been up there all year gave me CONFIDENCE in my Denver side when I saw you was on it.

Made me feel better about it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ZMan View Post
                    I missed that Denver pick on purpose. Going 5-0 final weekend... good luck.
                    You better cuz if you don't & since I am gonna close out with a 5-0 you'll be lookin' up at me. We're gonna need a couple guys to go 2-3, a couple others 3-2...or something like that. If you do manage to close out 9-1 L2 weeks and post 54 and don't win it that'd still been a hell of a good effort.

its a pretty nice tree really.

Comment

• Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
                      You better cuz if you don't & since I am gonna close out with a 5-0 you'll be lookin' up at me. We're gonna need a couple guys to go 2-3, a couple others 3-2...or something like that. If you do manage to close out 9-1 L2 weeks and post 54 and don't win it that'd still been a hell of a good effort.

its a pretty nice tree really.
                      Let's do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X