College hoops January thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding--

Davidson +10 over VCU---Scrappy team in first A-10 game. tough place and team but I think they make this one close.

Comment

I got Maryland at a PICK, this afternoon.

I totally agree with what you're both saying.

I just don't know why the line is a PICK?

Comment

Something is fishy but I'm biting on Maryland.

Comment

So who on Ill is liable to be the main beneficiary of Rice's absence in the lineup as far as scoring opportunities.

Comment

Tomorrow: Be on the lookout for the spread of Long Beach State vs. UC Irvine.

As always LBS plays a strong non-conference schedule.

Last year in conference play, ATS they started out 7-1-1.

I am expecting another undervalue of this team until they start getting played ON.

Comment

Adding--
              Cal poly +4 over Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                So who on Ill is liable to be the main beneficiary of Rice's absence in the lineup as far as scoring opportunities.
                Malcom Hill

Comment

I know on that Fishy Maryland line....Lots of time left but Illinois is not lying down.

Never free money in sports betting.

Comment

Good lesson once again...when 90% of bets are on one side and the line moves opposite it's a red flag. No matter who's dying.

Maybe rice was the problem?

Cal over USC is another heavy public game tonight. See what happens there. No reverse line movement there tho. Line moved up with cal.

Comment

Some brutally low scoring games tonite overall.

Comment

AND Cal looks terrible. Wild night. Just when I thought I had a handle on things it blows up.

Dogs are barking big time too!

I don't think college kids can shoot anymore either. Low scores like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post

I don't think college kids can shoot anymore either. Low scores like you said.
                          I disagree with the kids can't shoot correlation to low scoring games.

Look at the Purdue/Wisconsin game last night. 117 total points scored.

Purdue shot 51% from the field! Wisconsin only took 39 shots. It was a low tempo game.

Kenpom gives the tempo of games. Somehow, I am going to see if there's a way I can post teams with up tempo and those that are not in a table on this website.

Now, if a college team is shooting sub 35-40% from the field, then I would say they can't shoot.

Comment

Long Beach State +3

According to Kenpom, LBS played the toughest schedule so far this year. Looking for it to pay off.

UC Irvine and UC Davis are the top teams in this conference. Tread lightly on this game (don't play for more than one unit), but be ready to ride LBS for the next few weeks (do a win parlay [take your winnings from them, on put it right back on them, one unit, then 2 units, then 4 units) as they have gone on some big ATS runs in the start of conference as they are undervalued as most cappers look at records of teams, not who the team played. This is a very good 6-10 team when they are playing within their conference.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you on the pace item actually and low scoring games.

I guess I was refrring more to jump shooting affecting some games. Seems like they are missing a lot of shots outside the lane and just beyond the FT line.

Just from what I've seen the past few nights...I've watched WAY too much hoops here in the freezing tundra of Iowa lately!

Like LB State tonight too...Irvine is the FAV to win the league title this year but should be more of a pk'em.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Hawkeyes game tonight?

I think Sparty has a chance to win on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X