Next year "Mock Hilton" Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year "Mock Hilton" Question??

Would you be interested in raising the entry fee to $100? Just thought I'd get a early head count to see if there's any iterest.

Interesting proposal. I'd probably do $100, although now that we have several other pay contests, would we risk losing entrants. Maybe $75 a nice figure for next year. That would be my vote, but like Isaid st t the top, whatever majority decides fine by me. Thanks again for your, and others efforts and time with these contests.

Comment

I kind of like 50 myself and like doing 2 entires at that 50.

I would possibly do 75 but we might scare off some people. I'd rather keep it growing at 50 rather than risk hitting a wall with entrants.

If we would move it up, I'd suggest going a mini contest like the real west gate does to keep the lower scoring players interested until the end.

Comment

50 an entry is my vote

Comment

I would ok with 100 or 75. Not a problem. Whatever majority wants I'm in

Comment

Just looking for feedback. I can see why $50 with the option to have two entries makes sense.

Comment

I like 50 bucks an entry

really enjoyed the contest, thanks for inviting me The Boys appreciate it and Congrats on your win.

Comment

I like 50. Maybe you allow 3-4 entries per person and accomplish all

Comment

They could always do that anyway with different screen names and bank accounts

Comment

I'll probably get in, no matter what the cost.
                    As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

Comment

100 bucks

Weekly winner would be a great addition to this contest and might draw more entries to begin with.
                      Some sort of tiebreaker could insure a weekly winner without much confusion.

Comment

Weekly winner would be fun!

Comment

Im in either way.

Raising and having a weekly winner is neat but probably a pain for the contest mods. Monthly win could be interesting. Either way i'm down. Need to straighten my game out somehow

Comment

The only way I can imagine, off the top of my head here, that WEEKLY WINNER (which I think is an exciting, interesting and "out of the box" idea that'd differentiate this contest from others, give it it's own identity and increase excitement/competition.interest) is if an "optional upgrade" path was taken.

$50 entry fee, 4 entries max with optional $25 per entry fee that, all those $25 gets paid out weekly.

Even if just TWENTY pay the extra 25 to be eligible for weekly payout that'd be $500 divided by 17 weeks so....I can't do math but...$29ish weekly payout??? A single win and optional entry fee recouped 2 wins and $58 of an entrants TOTAL $75 (50 for season long + 25 for weekly) is recouped leaving only $17 investment outstanding on season long PLUS weekly entry fees...

It seems like people would go for that. Maybe not on ALL their entries, those who have multiple entries but O personally feel like this idea is worth a try due to heightened excitement it'd bring with weekly $$$$.

A HUGE obstacle (and very possibly an actual deal-killer though) would be how TIES are handles cuz you know every single week its multiple entrants with 4-1 or a few 5-0.

Key to having this work would be to establish a TIEBREAK thats not something completely "shot in the dark" such as Total Yards of a game or the old boring total score of MNF.

Maybe "Action Points" for a Tiebreak? That is to say Total Points by which ALL FIVE GAMES on entrant's cards COVERED BY (or failed to cover by?)

Positive points (+) for ATS covers POINTS SUBTRACTED for whatever of an entrant's 5 games did not cover...Points plus or minus being how far above or below ATS cover on each game....total of all = Tiebreak?

It'd mean significantly more work for Contest Runner or whoever keeps score....

...just "spitballin'....input/tightening up of weekly payout concept welcome of course. Weekly payout is interesting...at the very least. Imagine the extra incentive it brings, even if it's just $29/week payout (might very well be more) + AND MAINLY entrant'e out of the running latter part for still have chance at SOME $$$$ so they play through and with EFFORT....all season.

Comment

Plus if it was given a go....optional $25 for Weekly payout....and not enough entrant's opted in the 25s could just be refunded.

Whatevers decided for next year though I'd suggest entrants not use $0 Fee "Friends & family" option for PP payments (along with absolutely NOT referencing in Comment section of PP payment that payment is for contest and/or gambling related) cuz these 2 things could see a PP account shut down....totally. Frozen, $ seized and BIG long hassle for PP account holder....

PP fees are, like 3%ish I think? Entrants should just include that too. Just my thoughts...don't wanna see whomeverz generous enough to lend their PP acct. to accomplish entry while getting NO thing in return....get their shizzat frozen.

Comment

Working...
                              X