Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Brady: "I'm an e'ffin' Machine in the cold."

TOM BRADY

Q. What’s your routine for getting dressed for the extreme cold?

TB: (Speaking through a black, polyester headwarmer that covers everything but his nose and eyes) I know exactly what to wear. I know how many layers to wear every degree. I’m a (bleeping) machine, man, I’m a (bleeping) machine! C’mon baby!

You simply cannot make this stuff up!

If he's a machine, he threw a shoe last time out against the Ravens. Prior to sending Baltimore to the 2013 Super Bowl, Brady and the Pats were 76-0 when leading at the half. They led 13-7 and lost 28-13, scoring ZERO in the 2nd half. Make that 76-1, you machine . . .

Bernard Karmell Pollard KO'd Stevan Ridley, causing a fumble and it was all over but the crying. That guy was just a Patriot killer.

YOU KNOW New England simply doesn't wanna see the Ravens. Already tired of ALL THE CONSTANT QUESTIONS about them. That poor Baltimore secondary, lashed together with the broken dreams of soon to be waiver-wire warriors can't stop anyone. It's only that pass rush that saved them against Pittsburgh . . . and now on to New England! If Tom Terrific gets knocked about a few times, the machine is NOT a Maytag.

The Ravens can score . . . so they have a puncher's chance. I'll take 'em plus 7 for two dollars, KNOWING if NE gets up, they'll try to bury them. Can you blame the Pats? Baltimore's plain scary. Let 'em hang about and there they are in double OT, kicking themselves into next week and Brady/Manning to the sofa as they cart off Ridley and hide Rahim Moore's helmet. Don't think it can't happen. It HAS happened. Watch how many times Brady looks at the scoreboard to see how much time's left. He's scared and he oughta be. Seriously!

I wonder what Denver thinks . . . home against the Ravens, or on the road against New England? First World problem I guess. Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea . . . but first . . .

Take it to the bank = Denver will stomp a mud hole in Indy's arse. All this talk about Manning should have won more Super Bowls from (sober?) Jim Irsay and then THANKING Maurice Jones Drew for "changing their destiny." Drew, in the final game of the 2011 season led the Jags to a 19-13 win over the Colts by gaining a season high 169 yards on 25 carries. That WON the #1 pick - Andrew Luck - for the Colts. Uh huh . . . . I'll take Denver for a nickel, every bit of it.

All the Manning talk about how he looked at Cinci, how his arm has lost some strength, then Irsay and the press on his playoff record . . . don't think I'm not squeamish - I HATE when a QB wears a glove on his throwing hand. Maybe it just doesn't inspire confidence. Not a fan. Saw Joe Montana do it for a half with poor results. And he better stay away from OUT patterns - his arm hasn't got that strength and EVERYBODY knows it. He'll make the throws this week. There's still room on the bandwagon, climb aboard . . . . this may be one of the last paydays from Manning to me, so jump on with both feet.

Indy has what exactly? A passing game, crippled by age and injury. Reggie is 36 with a bad tricep. Hilton has been bothered by a lingering hamstring. At Mile High, in COLD weather, running 4.34? How long? Lotta talk about his drops; I doubt that improves much in Denver. [Jim Mora Voice]Running game?! Running game?![/Jim Mora Voice] They don't even pretend to have a running game anymore. 64 yards vs TN rusing, week 17.

Erstwhile first round pick Trent Richardson fell clean off the depth chart and landed on special teams - and is (P) with an "unknown illness." I think it's the onset of "contract-itis." They are 22nd is rushing yards which may not sound bad. I may try and convince yourself it's almost in the middle until you look at who is under them. It's a collection of misfit toys on Christmas. Atlanta, Chicago, NYG, Tampa, Oakland, Tenn . . . . none even remotely successful.

After about 4-5 completions with no pretense of a running game, I always think "You can't throw forever" and a pic simply hangs in the air. Bound to happen. More than once. I'm betting on it. Three picks, one pick-6.

Not happy with AR's calf situation and the line has shrunk to 6 currently. No thanks. Dallas scares me silly, but I'd love to get 7. Let's watch the line, maybe somebody will bet it back up (Paging Billy Walters, Courtesy Phone). Let me be honest: I swear I think Dallas is just too stupidly overconfident to lose. They beat Seattle remember. The playoff drought may just be followed by the floodgates crashing open. I can feel the tremor beneath my boots. I'm not joking. The timing just seems right for an upset. If Aaron Rodgers can't move, he's in big trouble and so are the Pack's chances.[Crap - down to 5 and 5½ already. Must be all that big Texas money]. Try that Courtesy Phone again Billy!

Seattle/Carolina = Carolina, in 12 quarters of football, has scored one single TD on offense. Go ahead - I DARE you to take them +11½. Seattle/Carolina, last 3 games: 13-9, 12-7, 16-12 - all in NC. Last two results at SEA = 31-14, 34-14. I gotta believe Seattle can cover two TDs at home. The obvious choice here is a tease - but even with Seattle at -1½., I don't see much value on the board to make a trio. Denver +3 is not much value. Baltimore +17, Pats +3 . . . over 37½, under 57½ . . . Dallas +15 "sounds good" - always the trouble with teasers. They sound good until you read the scores.

Denver +3 (ZERO Value IMHO)
    Seattle -1½
    Seattle Under 49½ or Over 29½ ????
    Denver Under 64 ???

Requires some thought I guess, if only to reject it.

My neighbor's wife died of a heart attack on Monday. Wednesday he hit the lottery. He still has one wish left!

Remember now boys, don't bet the farm - you'll be a sharecropper.
    As Always - Good Luck,

Sonny

I like your thoughts for the most part. I think Seattle has got to cover, no question. Probably the toughest current venue in the NFL, Seattle has been playing much better than they were when they met in Week 8 and I don't think Carolina has played a game out of their time zone all year to boot and now travel nearly 3000 mi. Cam had 2 TO's last week and I think he gets 3 this week.
    Dallas also scares me. In my fantasy playoff contest I actually ended up taking 3 Cowboys vs 2 Packers. This is probably the best OL/RB combo that Green Bay has seen since Week 1 at Seattle and that was a 20 pt loss.
    I like Denver also. You've got to almost think Manning's been playing 'possum lately and I'm with you thinking he'll unleash it more this week. And now they've got a healthy Hillman in the mix to spell CJ. But I do think Indy can hang within 10 at least.
    As for Brady, I think he exorcises the Raven demons this time and the Pats cover easily. Baltimore struggled the last 3 games of the season against the likes of Jax (Bortles), Houston (Keenum) and Cleveland (Conner Shaw) and then lucked out and got Pittsburgh w/out LeVeon Bell. Even without a running game Roethlisberger still went for 334 yds and 69% completion rate. I think the Pats might roll in this one.

Comment

Working...
    X