Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February college hoops

Decent run to end January.
    Now it gets fun and lines get tight. Going to limit my plays and pick my spots carefully.

Monday.

Kansas -6 (bought 1/2) over Iowa state. Revenge spot for ku. Points look tempting but isu struggles on road. Kansas by at least 8.

Green Bay -6 vs Wright State-

Leading scorer out for wright state-only downside is GB's road performance as of late.

Comment

Good Cover with Green Bay 71-58. Key to the game was 18 turnovers by wright state.

Comment

Good call. That one looked too easy.

Comment

NORTHWESTERN +7 @ Nebraska

Nebraska has a heck of a time scoring. According to Kenpom, their offensive efficiency ranks 296th in D1!!!

Nebraska's adjusted offensive tempo is 269th while Northwestern's is 314!!!!

Limited possessions here and I'm getting 7!!!!

Add to the fact that Northwestern is on a 7 game losing streak in the B1G Ten. However, throw out the Wisconsin game and the next five were:
          7 point OT loss @ Michigan State
          5 point loss home to Illinois
          2 point loss @ Michigan
          2 point loss home to Ohio
          1 point loss @ Maryland

I was at the Purdue game last Saturday. Northwestern had a 1 point lead (29-28) at the half. Purdue blitzed Northwestern the first 5 minutes after half time. Purdue scored 19 points in 6 minutes. It was the combination of 8 of 8 shooting which consisted of 5 lay ups, a 8 foot jumper from Hammons (who's a really cool dude, my son met him walking to the bus after the game, sorry for the side bar), 1 jumper from about 15 feet, a made 3 pointer and 2 free throws.

The point I'm driving home was the layups. NW big men were in foul trouble at the half. Both centers had 2 fouls and then moved a Freshman guard over to center and he picked up 2 fouls at the half. Purdue exploited that in the first 6 minutes, which was the difference in the game as it was a 19-4 run.

Northwestern will not have to deal with 2 7 footers tonight, the Huskers tallest is 6'10.

Bottom line, limited possession, better play from the center position for Northwestern and Northwestern's previous conference play makes them a tough out for Nebraska tonight.

I strongly expect this game to stay within the number!

Comment

Rolling with:

Louisville/Arkansas. Money line parlay.

Comment

winner last night on the parlay and winner on KU on Monday.

Wednesday-

Texas/Davidson---ML Parlay. (-132 odds).

Both on a cold streak but texas is worse losing 3 straight. Somehow they still are ranked. Davidson is a solid home team and team overall.

Looking at--

Colorado State + 2 at Wyoming
              Purdue +2 over OSU

Hoping lines will rise as the day goes but Purdue has went down a bit despite 80% of bets on OSU.

Comment

Big fat loser on that parlay...Both teams lost by a couple at home. I think sometimes these announcers and talking heads ovr blow the home court edge in conference play. Seems like a lot of good teams are losing on thier home court as sizeable favs. Usually a home court is just a add on for me in my capping if I like a team and spot but I think the oddsmakers have a pretty good handle and number on home court and isn;t as bug as a thing anymore when curunching numbers.

Onto Thursday---

UAB +4 or more VS. LA Tech....Hoping to get it to +4 or buy it to 4. 1st and 1nd place teams square of here. UAB almost beat LT earlier this year and now have them at home as a dog. I will take the points but see UAB winning SU. Will be a rare ** 2 unit play for me.

Comment

Nice to have an easy one for once. Uab cruised the whole game mostly.

Friday.
                  George Washington -140 over Dayton. Off 2 losses. More or less a must win to have a chance at the conf.

Comment

Other 1/2 unit friday plays--

Brown +10 over Harvard

Dartmouth +8 over YALE--Dartmouth' lone conf. win is at harvard.

T'Wolves +9 over Memphis (NBA)---Rubio factor has not been adjusted too on the Twolves.

Cansius +4 over Manhatten

Comment

Saturday.

Kentucky -8 over Florida. See the duke-bs game as to how this one goes.

La tech -140 ml over mtsu

Comment

By bs, I meant nd above.

Comment

Man-I am really LIKE Iowa State +6 tonight on the road at OK.

Playing Iowa State and all the points you will give me.

GL

Comment

Leaning that way myself. They need a good road win.
                            Should be focused.

Big game in the big 12 now that ku lost again. Should be a good one. I got it overnight at 6.5.

Comment

I dont think Iowa State has won at OK in the last 8 games.

This is a very good Iowa State team much better this year for sure-should be a barn burner

Comment

Working...
                              X