No announcement yet.

upset of the week contest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we only want to do one college contest, I say we continue with the main college contest. We can do the upset of the week for fun as always and maybe add the point system this year. I love the regular contest and I agree that probably we would have a low turn out if we tried to do two paid college contests. We always have more participation in the College game of the week than the upset contest.

Anybody else let us know if you feel differently. I would love everyone's input.

RR84

Comment

We can as players join any contest we want to.

Would I throw 25 at the upset of the week contest you bet chances are it will be a low amount of players joining.

Pay or no Pay this venue should live on

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
        We can as players join any contest we want to.

Would I throw 25 at the upset of the week contest you bet chances are it will be a low amount of players joining.

Pay or no Pay this venue should live on
        I will run the upset of the week either way. All I am saying is that if we are going to have just one paid college contest I had rather it be the Game of the week. I do see value in this contest and that is the reason I also want it to continue.

We will work it all out. I will email Kman and get his thoughts this week. Of course everybody else needs to chime in and let us know what you think.

RR84

Comment

The only contest in the world That really changes the betting landscape

Comment

I vote keep it free for bragging rights. I agree that the goal should be to get quality picks. You might get people going for those double digit dogs just to get the points instead of just going for their best underdog play. Might become more about winning the contest than providing everyone your top play.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
              I vote keep it free for bragging rights. I agree that the goal should be to get quality picks. You might get people going for those double digit dogs just to get the points instead of just going for their best underdog play. Might become more about winning the contest than providing everyone your top play.
              I think that is probably what we will do. I don't think with the Mock Hilton and NFL and college game of the week that we will have many players willing to fork out money. We don't get many players even when it is free. If everybody wants to tell me different then we might try it. But I agree this is mostly about fun and bragging rights.

Thanks Bret for your input.

RR84

Comment

I'm in for any conest you guys decide on. Just post the rules and fees and I'm in....Thank you gentlemen.
                ;)

Comment

Thanks Boone..

I think we all are just ready to get this train rolling. I know I am..

RR84

Comment

Well after toying around with the idea of making this a paid contest, I think we will just keep it free and score like we always have. The main goal on this site is for quality picks and for us to help each other. We have had some guys do very well in this contest and it has been fun. Jeff probably has enough to do with the Mock Hilton and the other contests by just keeping up with the money.

I do hope that more people give this contest a shot this year even though there will be no pay out. It usually ends up being very close and it seems that everyone that participates enjoys it.

I hope everyone agrees with this decision and we all enjoy this contest as well as the others. I hope I can get off to the same start as I did last year in the college game of the week. I have dealt with cancer since early November and I have kicked it's ass so far. I hope to be more focused this year all the way through the end.

Good luck my BW brothers. I hope everyone has their best season yet.

RR84

ROLL TIDE

Comment

Sounds good. Maybe one of us can drum up a sponsor or prize.

I'll check around.

Comment

Working...
                      X