ILLINOIS BASEBALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS BASEBALL

Yes I said Baseball not basketball-What this Illinois team is doing this year is special.

CARBONDALE, Ill. - In its final midweek game of the year, No. 6 Illinois completed a perfect month and extended its school-record winning streak to 18 games with a 7-5 victory over Southern Illinois. The Illini finished 16-0 in April and notched an unblemished 9-0 mark in midweek tilts. The Orange and Blue tallied their seven runs and 10 of their 11 hits in the first five innings.
    Illinois' 18-game winning streak is the longest active in the NCAA and second-longest this season behind Texas A&M (24). The NCAA record winning streak (34) is owned by Texas (1977) and Florida Atlantic (1999).

The Illini continued their best start in program history (37-6-1) and boast the best winning percentage in the NCAA (.852

This Illinois Baseball team continues to impress 43-6-1 winning 24 in a row.

# 3 Illinois won today 28-13 keeping a 24 game win streak intact during the streak they have outscored the opponents 200 to 84.

They have a monster pitching staff the closer is lights out at 0.70 era a flame thrower at 98 mph.

Keep your eye on this Illinois team my friends they have all the tools to win it all and I am betting the farm on it.

Comment

Carpet,
      Keep us updated. I have a futures bet I made in February on the field vs.
      a group of teams to win the NCAA tournament. The Illini weren't in the
      group and with their pitching they have a great chance to be there in the
      finals.

Comment

K-Man nice of you to chime in.

Do I think this Illinois baseball team is the best in school history-NO DOUBT. The last 3 years all the best in state baseball talent stayed with Illinois. The list is endless of great talent from the Chicago catholic schools staying home to play for their State.

Illinois host NB at home for a 3 game series on Thursday. Illinois should plow the huskers I see a 3 game sweep possible 27 game win streak coming in.

Big 10 Tourney is May 20.

NCAA Regional is May 29.

College World Series is June 13.

A long way to go to June 13.

I think this team loaded with MLB talent has it all to make a very deep run.

Carpet

Comment

A good friend of mine's son is the leading hitter for Illinois

Comment

OAKAS: Would that be David Kerian batting 374 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
              OAKAS: Would that be David Kerian batting 374 ?
              Yes it is. His dad is a contractor here in Sioux City and Dakota Dunes, SD.

Comment

Illinois up 6-0 after 6 innings tonight. Will update soon

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                  Illinois up 6-0 after 6 innings tonight. Will update soon
                  Huskers hit a 3 run shot cut the lead to 6-3 top of 7

Comment

Illinois wins again today to run the streak to 25 in a row.

44-6-1 and they are riding the longest win streak in the Nation. There is a reason for that.

The talent on this team has generated a lot of MLB scouts interest and I can understand why, Heck they got a first baseman that is 6 foot 5,

This team can hit from top to bottom-The pitching is the best in the game especially late and the defense will surprise you- A combination of a solid team.

Comment

The game tonight with NB looks like it could be rained out if the weather model holds.

Comment

Rain delay 2 hours 10 minutes-game is under way for now

Comment

Cornhuskers up 1 top of the first

Comment

Kerian is on a 16 game hitting streak-what a stud

Comment

ILLINOIS wins again 10-9 make it 26 in a row

Comment

Working...
                              X