Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

Memorial day remembering. While Abraham National Cemetery is a short 20 mile drive I opted to attend a city memorial
    service in our town of 20,000.

It was a very moving experience-There was a band and everything. At one point in the ceremony the band played each of the respective armed services song. We were asked to stand when your military song was being played.

The Army was the first song played and there was quite a few that stood up-Next up was the Navy and again quite a few stood up. The Marine Corps Hymn began to play and I stood up many people began to clap.

I scanned the crowd to see why they were clapping louder than before and I saw I was the only person standing as a former
    Marine. It really made me proud and sad at the same time as I remember our brothers in arms.

Today is all about those who gave it all and did not make it home- I served 10 years in the Marines was discharged a GySgt
    E-7 and at any moment I was prepared to protect freedom at any cost.

To those that paid the ultimate sacrifice my tears will always flow.

I always think these things are not by chance. Glad you were there to stand for the Marines.

"This nation will remain the land of the free, only so long as it is the home of the brave"
    Elmer Davis

Comment

Working...
    X