No announcement yet.

MISS ST/ MISSISSIPPI IS THIS THE YEAR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that Georgia because of schedule has the best shot in the East. I like Missouri again also but Georgia has owned them and I like the dawgs to beat them again this year. Tennessee is the biggest talk around here and I think they will be better but not East champions.

All the magazines have Bama consensus 1st or 2nd with only one vote for Auburn at the top spot and 1 for LSU. Bama has a hard schedule. They play everyone in the West and two of the best teams from the East. Arkansas will be much better, Auburn looks to be very good this year again. Just a tough call on this side. I think they will beat each other up. Wide open in my opinion.

Comment

EAST: Quick and early thoughts. Almost everyone has the same rankings as Athlon. (Steele, etc.)
      I think Ga., even with a new QB, has actually moved further away from the pack. No pun
      intended. Key is that they have 4 returning starters on their O Line. That will give the QB a lot
      of opportunity to go through the reads and not feel pressure to do too much.

Tenn. is getting the love this season, but they can't beat Florida. Missouri has the easiest schedule
      of the four top rated and they did play for the title last year.

Lastly, if Kentucky or Vandy moved to any mid-major league they still wouldn't be picked to
      finish better than third or fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
        EAST: Quick and early thoughts. Almost everyone has the same rankings as Athlon. (Steele, etc.)
        I think Ga., even with a new QB, has actually moved further away from the pack. No pun
        intended. Key is that they have 4 returning starters on their O Line. That will give the QB a lot
        of opportunity to go through the reads and not feel pressure to do too much.

Tenn. is getting the love this season, but they can't beat Florida. Missouri has the easiest schedule
        of the four top rated and they did play for the title last year.

Lastly, if Kentucky or Vandy moved to any mid-major league they still wouldn't be picked to
        finish better than third or fourth.
        I totally agree with you about Tennessee...Until they learn to beat Florida they won't win it. They will upset a couple of teams I think though. Missouri could be there again. They have Mauk back and nobody else seems to want it too bad on that side.

Comment

Working...
        X