Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is everyone's playoff teams in college this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is everyone's playoff teams in college this year?

Well last year I think I stunk at this but I will try again after I think about it a bit. I do think Ohio st will be there again because of returning players and a cream puff schedule. I will give you my other three soon.

Let me hear from you!

RR84

I think Ohio St. wins it all. Like you said they have so much returning its scary. Elliot is a stud RB and whichever QB they go with will be successful. Joey Bosa is the best defensive player in college football. While the Big 10 is on the rise as a conference Ohio St is at the top. Mich St will be up there as well but Ohio St just has too much returning. I wouldnt be surprised if there are zero undefeated teams again. I think USC finally gets over that hump and wins the Pac12. Im going with TCU to win the BIg 12. Then I will go with Bama to win the SEC. Everyone in the SEC has talent but Bama has one of the best coaching staffs in college football. Notre Dame is a team that I think could sneak into the playoff. I think they have the best shot at going undefeated. I will say Bama or USC could get left out of the playoff because they could have multiple losses.

1-Ohio ST
    2-TCU
    3-Notre Dame
    4-Bama
    Thats my super early prediction for playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
      I think Ohio St. wins it all. Like you said they have so much returning its scary. Elliot is a stud RB and whichever QB they go with will be successful. Joey Bosa is the best defensive player in college football. While the Big 10 is on the rise as a conference Ohio St is at the top. Mich St will be up there as well but Ohio St just has too much returning. I wouldnt be surprised if there are zero undefeated teams again. I think USC finally gets over that hump and wins the Pac12. Im going with TCU to win the BIg 12. Then I will go with Bama to win the SEC. Everyone in the SEC has talent but Bama has one of the best coaching staffs in college football. Notre Dame is a team that I think could sneak into the playoff. I think they have the best shot at going undefeated. I will say Bama or USC could get left out of the playoff because they could have multiple losses.

1-Ohio ST
      2-TCU
      3-Notre Dame
      4-Bama
      Thats my super early prediction for playoff.
      I swear that you took three teams I was looking at hard. TCU, Notre Dame, and USC. Wow great minds think alike. lol No seriously, I wasn't even close last year on my four teams. I may have gotten one right. I think Bama as well as everybody else in the SEC west will have two losses which will eliminate anyone from the SEC. I think this will be a fun year to pick games. Thanks for posting Bret.. I will pick differently so nobody will think I copied but you definitely got two I was looking at. I love your picks.

RR84

Comment

Okay here are mine:

Ohio st
        USC
        Clemson
        Baylor

The SEC gets shut out because of multiple losses. I like TCU before Baylor but since Bret has already selected them I will opt for Baylor. Clemson is my dark horse. I think Wisconsin and Mich st. both will have great seasons but it is difficult to pick two from the big ten. If it were to happen I would lean toward Wisconsin.

RR84

Carpet let me hear from you buddy...Who do you like?

Comment

Ohio State -Loaded for bear 3 deep at QB position should go undefeated in the Big 10- Defense should be spectacular.

TCU-Tons of fire power- bet the over early and often with TCU this season.

Ole Miss-A solid sleeper team all set up to play solid ball.

Bama-They say a rebuilding year for Saban-what year is not? Can't be that hard loaded with 4 and 5 star players- I expect to see the tide in the final 4.

Comment

It will be hard for both Bama and Ole Miss to get there. But I hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
              It will be hard for both Bama and Ole Miss to get there. But I hope you are right.
              Yes thought the same thing with Michigan State and Ohio State.

NEWS-Wisconsin has injuries front offensive line-they are very thin if true-Factor that in my BW brothers.

Comment

Hard for two SEC teams to get in especially two from the west. I think they all could have multiple losses. I actually really like the Clemson pick. They have a pretty easy schedule. I think Notre Dame is the only team that will beat them. GT and Fla St. are both solid teams but I dont expect them to beat clemson. Like I said before there is a very good chance there are zero undefeated teams again. Ohio St has a good chance and if clemson beats ND they could go undefeated too.

Comment

I know I said ND has the best shot at going undefeated but thats mainly because they dont have to go through a conference. USC, clemson and stanford should all be tough games. Still think they have a good shot at doing it too.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
                    I know I said ND has the best shot at going undefeated but thats mainly because they dont have to go through a conference. USC, clemson and stanford should all be tough games. Still think they have a good shot at doing it too.
                    I looked hard at ND the stumbling blocks to go undefeated begins early and often for the Irish. Can easily see ND losing 3 games this year not counting the Navy game.

The Irish is not historically a good road team.

The schedule is dauntingly tough they play.

TX at home- These big beef eaters from the lone star state will injure many ND players.

Virginia on the road-Like VA in this one

Georgia at ND- Close game

at Clemson- Loss just to much speed for a banged up team to cover.

Got USC at the home of the golden globe should be a shoot out

at Stanford A Loss

Comment

hey if ND loses to Virginia in their 2nd game id be shocked. ND only loses 3 starters from last year and thats counting Golston. They play GT not georgia. They lost a lot they do return their QB but he will have to single handily beat them. I think the Clemson game will be a big game for both teams. USC and Stanford will be really good games as they always are. Im not saying they are the best team in the nation but I think they could rank in the top 4. I agree I could see them losing 3 games but those are the only games that are toss ups. If you go to any SEC schedule there is at the very least 3 games that are toss ups. Notre Dame has the advantage of not being in a conference so they dont have yearly matchups and not every team is familiar with them. If you are really calling a VA upset this early I expect you to use that as your pick of the week.

Comment

Bret, I agree with you that it will be hard under the current system to have two teams from any conference be in the playoff. A lot of things would have to happen. I like ND also as I have stated earlier. I hate betting on them because they always bust my balls. lol

Comment

Great posts. I think Ga. Tech will be a loss and here is why.
                          Ga. Tech plays two scrimmage games before they travel to South Bend. Their
                          coach basically is there because he found a way to beat ND when he coached
                          NAVY. Not related to that game, but I think the NCAA powers hold Ga. Tech
                          in high regard. They will be one of the teams playing In Ireland to start the
                          2016 season.

I think USC will destroy them. Not because of better talent, but because ND
                          plays NAVY the week prior to that game. Different styles and it may be too
                          hard for ND to recover and make the adjustments.

What I admire is that the Irish never make excuses and are willing to put their
                          team in a position to show they played the toughest and deserve to be in the
                          discussion as a top four team. The way the system is run now, two losses take
                          them out of that discussion.

Comment

I think college football would shutdwown and hell would freeze over if there is not at least one SEC team in the final 4.

Lots of buzz on USC today on the sports radio.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                              I think college football would shutdwown and hell would freeze over if there is not at least one SEC team in the final 4.

Lots of buzz on USC today on the sports radio.
                              lol You may be right Woodee!

Comment

Working...
                              X