Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
    OK...so you get till 11PM, I get till 9PM
    Dragon with all due respect 11:pm CT does nothing to benefit me it all comes down to your picks.

So let me ask you a question trying to get my arms around the time change issue you raise.

Question: Is it your thought that because you live on the West Coast the contest should change it's time submission rules to appease your schedule? Please help me with this thought process.

We operate in a Global environment as evidenced by Citizenc operating out of the UK- The contest has a time to have picks submitted when you enter you understand the rules.

Your argument of changing the time to submit picks to allow you more time is absurd. Hell it takes me a week to lock in 5 games and I am ready in 2 days.

It's all friendly banter Dragon glad you are aboard here at Bettors World

Comment

This is extremely simple to wrap one's mind around. East coast basically gets 3 more hours to decide. Actually even more if you consider what I said earlier about going out on Sat. night.
      East coast can go out and have a good time and still be home to submit before midnight. I would have to submit maybe by 5-6PM if I wanted to go out. That's 6-7 hrs difference now.
      And that's not just a one time deal, it's 17 weeks in a row x 6-7 hrs if I go out every Sat. night, and with all we have going on that day that's 17 times I potentially miss a week if
      I get wrapped up in something. I'm not asking for an advantage here to meet my needs, I'm asking for it to be even across the board. I want to be able to go out on Sat. night and still
      be able to submit before I go to bed just like a large majority in the contest are able to do.
      I understand what the rules currently are but they aren't etched in stone like the 10 freakin' commandments. I've probably missed 3 deadlines over the past 2 contests and I'm
      not risking the money, and more importantly all the time and effort again, just to lose because I missed a deadline that's biased against me.

Comment

I am not in the rules committee or nothing but why not make it 12 pacific time? It certainly wouldn't hurt anyone else and it would allow Dragon and anyone else on the west coast the same opportunity that we have. I guess I just don't see the big deal of affording them the same right as us.

Just my opinion..

RR84

Comment

I know we go back and forth about this every year. Here is my thing...Lines are released on Wednesday I believe. If new info comes out and swings a line, we are stuck with that line either way. I do not know what 3 hours will do but do understand your point.
          But really, Wednesday thru Saturday should give plenty of time to select and see what is going on as most lines do not move that much unless a superstar is held out.

I don't care one way or another but again I put my picks in rather early too, so I don't obsess and change my mind 12 times. Late line moves do not matter with all the games available to select from plus many will be playing thursday games so all picks will need to be in that time anyway.

I see arguments both ways. Bring on the football!

Comment

Should we continue to call it the Mock Hilton? It is no longer the Hilton and hasn't been for 2-3 years not. It is officially the Westgate Las Vegas SuperContest.

I realize it's only a name, but I was thinking of trying to promote our contest a bit, and folks might think we are behind the times if we call it the Mock Hilton Contest.

How about the Mock SuperContest? Or the Bettorsworld Mock SuperContest? Or just the Bettorsworld SuperContest.

Or maybe we get into legal issues if we use the SuperContest name?

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
              Should we continue to call it the Mock Hilton? It is no longer the Hilton and hasn't been for 2-3 years not. It is officially the Westgate Las Vegas SuperContest.

I realize it's only a name, but I was thinking of trying to promote our contest a bit, and folks might think we are behind the times if we call it the Mock Hilton Contest.

How about the Mock SuperContest? Or the Bettorsworld Mock SuperContest? Or just the Bettorsworld SuperContest.

Or maybe we get into legal issues if we use the SuperContest name?
              I'll run it by Jeff. It's probably time to update the name, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                I'll run it by Jeff. It's probably time to update the name, I guess.

Building a name is extremely hard to do for a contest- Branding and History is most important.

Keep the Mock Hilton name it is most nostalgic. Sure we could change the name of the contest-there is even talk of a time
                change.

Why not let 5 years of history to comeback unchanged. This contest attracts the smartest NFL bettors I have ever seen- not
                sure a name change is the best answer at this time while we grow on what we got at Bettors World in attracting more players.

We have players from Alabama to Australia- Lets not try to Fix was is not broken at this time. Focus on getting your friend to
                sign up for the Mock Hilton for a cheap $50 an entry fee in the best NFL betting contest in the world.

We have a very special contest that is honest and fun Guaranteed the hardest 5 games ATS you will ever pick each week
                for many weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                  Building a name is extremely hard to do for a contest- Branding and History is most important.

Keep the Mock Hilton name it is most nostalgic. Sure we could change the name of the contest-there is even talk of a time
                  change.

Why not let 5 years of history to comeback unchanged. This contest attracts the smartest NFL bettors I have ever seen- not
                  sure a name change is the best answer at this time while we grow on what we got at Bettors World in attracting more players.

We have players from Alabama to Australia- Lets not try to Fix was is not broken at this time. Focus on getting your friend to
                  sign up for the Mock Hilton for a cheap $50 an entry fee in the best NFL betting contest in the world.

We have a very special contest that is honest and fun Guaranteed the hardest 5 games ATS you will ever pick each week
                  for many weeks.
                  You have a valid point.

Comment

Bettorsworld Mock SuperContest seems sensible to me.

Comment

I'm in again, fun contest

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                        same old argument-I like saturday midnight posting

get them picks in can't be that hard

Have missed weeks over the years due to the early deadline also.
                        (not that it made a difference lately, LOL)

Comment

Carpet makes some excellent arguments regarding the nostalgic name. I still refer to it as the Hilton, just out of habit. Also, when I use Google, I still type in Hilton and not Westgate. Old habits die hard.

However, if there are no legal issues and a name change is warranted, I like Bettorsworld SuperContest.

We can brand our own name for the contest.

It really does not matter one way or the other to me, just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                            I know we go back and forth about this every year. Here is my thing...Lines are released on Wednesday I believe. If new info comes out and swings a line, we are stuck with that line either way. I do not know what 3 hours will do but do understand your point.
                            But really, Wednesday thru Saturday should give plenty of time to select and see what is going on as most lines do not move that much unless a superstar is held out.

I don't care one way or another but again I put my picks in rather early too, so I don't obsess and change my mind 12 times. Late line moves do not matter with all the games available to select from plus many will be playing thursday games so all picks will need to be in that time anyway.

I see arguments both ways. Bring on the football!
                            Isn't the 3 hours just as long as it is broad? Those on the west coast get extra hours after the lines are released. Those on the east coast get less time after the lines are released.

Three hours should not matter than much when you have had 3 days to make your picks.

I am in Central time zone, so the deadline does not matter to me. Whatever it is, I will do my best to have my picks in by the deadline. I have missed a couple of deadlines in the past, but that was my own fault. I blame no one but myself since I knew in advance when the deadline was.

Comment

It isn't necessarily the 3 hrs, it's the 9PM vs 12AM difference on a weekend night which can be big....having to pick before you go out instead of before you retire? It's easier for me to remember before I go to bed that I haven't done something then in the middle of an active day/evening. I'm trying to accentuate that as the point but it maybe I'm failing.
                              The 3 hrs after lines come out....seriously, not even the same thing as most wait until Friday/Saturday anyway.

Comment

For what it is worth, which is not much, but the two times I missed the deadline was when I forgot to make my picks on a Saturday afternoon, and when I got home late Saturday night, I was tired and forgot to make them before I went to bed.

After that I created a deadline in my mind of mid-afternoon so I didn't miss the deadline again.

I understand what you are saying. If you forget, it is nice to have those hours later that night.

But it does not matter to me, one way or the other, my picks will be in early Saturday anyway.

I will go with whatever is decided.

Comment

Working...
                                X