The NFL Mock Hilton contest will return for year #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL Mock Hilton contest will return for year #5

We can use this thread for comments.............see you soon.

I know that this contest is modeled on the real Hilton contest, but I don't like, nor see a logical reason for the Friday midnight EST deadline. I think they use that because of the sheer volume
    of entrants and the fact that they choose to publish the picks in advance. If we wish to retain that deadline at least make it 12 midnight PST because otherwise it's 9PM on a Friday night for us in the west. Why should east get till midnight
    and west only 9PM? People are out doing things on Friday so there is a big difference in 9PM and 12AM, hence easier to miss the deadline.

Comment

You mean Saturday?

Comment

"Mock Hilton Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest"...........$50.00 entry fee.

#1 NFL sides only. Contestants must select five teams per week, per entry. Contestants may not select both sides of the game.

#2 We will use the official Hilton line which I will post by Wednesday evening.

#3 The Posting deadline for the Sunday and Monday games is Saturday by 12:00 Midnight EST. Please read rule #7 for Wed, Thurs. and Sat. games.

#4 All picks must be posted in one post. In the event you're unable to post your picks because of technical problems please email them to [email protected]

#5 No corrections or editing of picks is allowed.......be careful, could result in a 0-5 for the week.

#6 This contest will run for the regular season of 17 weeks @ 5 picks per week = 85 total picks. 1 point for a win and 1/2 point for a tie.

#7 The Wednesday-Thursday-Saturday rule: If you're using a Wed, Thurs. and or Sat. game in your picks then all picks must be posted in one post at least one hour before the earliest NFL scheduled kick off time. See rule number 4.

#8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

#9 Top five winners payout: 40%, 25%, 20%, 10%, 5%

#10 Winners will be asked to verify payment before prize money is released.

#11 Up to two entries per person @ $50 each.

Comment

Ummm....yeah, I guess I meant Saturday midnight

Comment

same old argument-I like saturday midnight posting

get them picks in can't be that hard

Comment

The Pay Pal thread will be up soon.

Comment

Here is a link to the payment button

http://www.bettorsworld.com/pp/hilton-contest.htm

Just scroll all the way down and you'll see the pay pal button or a mailing address for a check or money order.

Comment

I see 7 teams as Home Dogs to kick off week one. Going to be an interesting way to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    I see 7 teams as Home Dogs to kick off week one. Going to be an interesting way to start the season.
                    I just easily see at least 3 home dogs cover week one maybe more.

Comment

same old argument-I like saturday midnight posting

get them picks in can't be that hard
                      Of course you like it because you're in the eastern part of the US...midnight for carpet is not midnight for dragon.
                      So for me it's not "saturday midnight posting"...OK? It's 9PM Saturday posting.
                      You can go out and party Saturday and still get home in time to catch up on the days news and get your picks in. So I have to get my picks
                      in hours before you if I want to go out just because I'm on the west coast and maybe miss some last minute news as well? It's a valid issue.
                      So what's wrong with changing it to midnight Pacific time?

Comment

Actually Dragon I am in the mid-west Central Time Zone

Comment

I'm in the UK so realistically I have to get my posts in by 7pm Saturday EST (Midnight here) or wake up at 4.30AM to post near the deadline. Plus I missed the deadline once last year (posted about 40 mins late after waking up at 5.40am and panic posting!) and missed out on coming 2nd or 3rd I think because of it.

Not saying I want the rule to change - but I usually lose about 4-5 hours information over anyone in the US. Jus' Sayin'

Comment

Actually Dragon I am in the mid-west Central Time Zone
                            OK...so you get till 11PM, I get till 9PM

Comment

Originally posted by citizenc View Post
                              I'm in the UK so realistically I have to get my posts in by 7pm Saturday EST (Midnight here) or wake up at 4.30AM to post near the deadline. Plus I missed the deadline once last year (posted about 40 mins late after waking up at 5.40am and panic posting!) and missed out on coming 2nd or 3rd I think because of it.

Not saying I want the rule to change - but I usually lose about 4-5 hours information over anyone in the US. Jus' Sayin'
                              So if it was changed to 12AM PST you'd have until 7:30 AM which would benefit you too?

Comment

Working...
                              X