Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Song for Red Raider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLlLPZderk

Thanks for that Carpet. I have went through the gauntlet this last year. I just got through with another day of chemotherapy just hours ago. I have had a pretty rough couple of weeks. The treatments are taking a toll on me and my body. I have lost 45 lbs over the course of the last 8 months. Fortunately for me, I have an amazing support group with my wife, family, and friends. All of you have been very supportive and it means more to me than you will ever know. I talked to Jeff about how my outlook on things have changed so much. I certainly am a different person and I mean that for the better.

Thank you again Carpet and all of you that have supported me through this disease.

RR84

Comment

On that note:

I am asking each of you to get your colon screening at 50 years of age. I am 54 now and almost waited too late. I don't want any of you to go through what I have this last year. That is the silver lining in this for me. I have motivated many friends and family to do this. It makes me very happy when I see this. I certainly am not getting into your business but I honestly had rather do 20 colonoscopies than 28 radiation treatments and 6 months of chemotherapy.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
        On that note:

I am asking each of you to get your colon screening at 50 years of age. I am 54 now and almost waited too late. I don't want any of you to go through what I have this last year. That is the silver lining in this for me. I have motivated many friends and family to do this. It makes me very happy when I see this. I certainly am not getting into your business but I honestly had rather do 20 colonoscopies than 28 radiation treatments and 6 months of chemotherapy.

Thanks for listening.
        I am going to schedule immediately

Comment

Glad to hear that Carpet.

Comment

One more song for you my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDGE_lRI0E

Walk with Red Raider God

Comment

Carpet RR84 is my best friend. I know that song meant a lot to him, and it did to me as well.

Thanks for thinking of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama25 View Post
                Carpet RR84 is my best friend. I know that song meant a lot to him, and it did to me as well.

Thanks for thinking of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Bama you are in Good Company with Red Raider.

I have had the pleasure of talking to Red several times on the phone-

A pure one of a kind person who knows more about Alabama then anyone on the planet. His knowledge of static's in analyzing games is prettyamazing.

So glad RR84 is going to play the Mock Hilton this year-My guess he wins it.
                I will also be joining and Red Raider if you ever want to talk strategy please feel free to call me RR

Comment

Red Raider-

We go back a bit in time and I have always cherished our communication together discussing Football. You are one special person.

I know you have been having health issues and I want to do something to help you.

I am going to donate to you 25% of anything I may win on any contest I join here at Bettors World.

Carpet

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    Bama you are in Good Company with Red Raider.

I have had the pleasure of talking to Red several times on the phone-

A pure one of a kind person who knows more about Alabama then anyone on the planet. His knowledge of static's in analyzing games is prettyamazing.

So glad RR84 is going to play the Mock Hilton this year-My guess he wins it.
                    I will also be joining and Red Raider if you ever want to talk strategy please feel free to call me RR
                    Carpet, I appreciate the gesture but you need to keep your money if you win. We are doing okay because my company I work for is letting me work from home. I am sorry I have missed your call the other night but I was already in bed. I get really sick with the chemo and usually go to bed really early. I hope that you do well but I really want you to keep your money and enjoy the rewards of winning. It is hard enough to win in this and it would make me happy just to know I have your support during this hard time for me.

Take care my friend and I will call you in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                      Carpet, I appreciate the gesture but you need to keep your money if you win. We are doing okay because my company I work for is letting me work from home. I am sorry I have missed your call the other night but I was already in bed. I get really sick with the chemo and usually go to bed really early. I hope that you do well but I really want you to keep your money and enjoy the rewards of winning. It is hard enough to win in this and it would make me happy just to know I have your support during this hard time for me.

Take care my friend and I will call you in the coming weeks.
                      Red Raider,

Thanks for the kind response to my gesture. I have a strong feeling don't ask me why-You are going to Win the contest this year.

Looking forward to talking to you soon RR84

Comment

Working...
                      X