Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College GOW-Week 0-Post Picks Here-It's on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy's

Just let the pick count and let's move on. There is no sense of us all getting tore up about this. I do believe it was an honest mistake and we have in the past let it slide. Maybe in the future we set a clear cut rule. We are all in this together so let's just get past this.

Just my opinion....

Comment

Why?

Comment

Carpet..

It is the best option instead of keep arguing and keeping things stirred up. It is Kmans decision either way and I really don't give a crap. But we have all gotten along for the better part of a year and I say let's move past this or we can all act like we are 3 years old and keep it up.

Comment

Posting in the wrong contest should be counted as a pick ?

Not about 3 year olds. This contest has rules the foundation of any contest.

To ignore that makes my $25 entry fee subject to change. Unacceptable

Comment

Thank you Carpet!!. Rule are Rules!!! Intent has nothing to do with it. Plus she had time to correct it. One contest says College Upset of the week. The other says College GOW. Not confusing and not similar. This would set a bad precedent. So im with Carpet, Oldluds, and Woodee.Pick does not count.

Comment

okay I have said my opinion so I am not gonna argue like a 3 year old..I am out of the equation..Let Kman make the call and let's all live with it or drop out if you want.

Comment

Never seen a 3 year old argue- Lol

This is not about (arguing as a 3 year old)-it is simply rules and I would hope that you all would hold me to the same standard of accountability when submitting picks.

Rules are Rules-There are no free passes anymore in the Mock Hilton contest anymore. Want to Guess why?

Rule are Rules and contest function better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                  Dragon

Let me get this straight -Your better half submitted a pick in the wrong thread contest and we should count that pick?

You can slice and dice this all you want and beg for a free $25 pass based on human error? Challenge Rules begging for a pass.

I am sorry the pick was posted in the wrong forum (regardless of intent).

Quit making us out the bad guy on this- Sure we can change the rules to accept picks entered in error- Is that what you want?

Just stand up to the plate and accept the pick was made in the wrong forum instead of groveling that it should be ignored and counted.

I for one see your argument to count the pick absurd
                  Bottom line...there's a precedence for forgiveness early in contests when an OBVIOUS mistake was made. So we've never been hard line but now
                  you want to be because you say so? If you look at my first 2 posts I am not the one who even said it should be counted, I'm just responding to your
                  drivel. Read my first 2 posts Einstein. All I said is, "gee, that's my wife for you" and then "I think the contests are too similarly named". This contest
                  has never been named so similarly. It's always been just "Upset of the Week". That's the only fucking thing I brought up until the lynch mob arrived.
                  Since then I'm just stating my view in opposition to the arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    Never seen a 3 year old argue- Lol

This is not about (arguing as a 3 year old)-it is simply rules and I would hope that you all would hold me to the same standard of accountability when submitting picks.

Rules are Rules-There are no free passes anymore in the Mock Hilton contest anymore. Want to Guess why?

Rule are Rules and contest function better that way.
                    You still have failed to show me the rule you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                      Bottom line...there's a precedence for forgiveness early in contests when an OBVIOUS mistake was made. uments.
                      Forgiveness?

Is that the angle we are approaching on a football pick that you paid $25 to get in and managed to place that pick in the wrong contest.

Just drop it Please this is getting painful to keep repeating to you that the rules were not followed. Your deflection from the rules are a distraction.

Comment

Rule 5 says not posting a pick counts as a loss. No pick was posted so its a loss. Very clear

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
                          Rule 5 says not posting a pick counts as a loss. No pick was posted so its a loss. Very clear
                          Well according to some it really dont matter where you post your pick............

Comment

I remember this "American way" comment a few posts back.

Now it's the "American way" not to be held accountable for not following the rules or being held accountable for the mistake?

First, I don't care if it's 25 or 2500 bucks, find the right place to post and do it. I don't care if it's my wife or dog posting.

I understand mistakes, but if I have 25 at stake, I find the right thread. If you don't have time to do it, or to check it, play cards with your friends or play another pool.
                            It gets old dealing and reading a bunch of shit, calling people out for being bad people when the mistake is completely on your end.
                            Take the responsibility and live with it. The people who posted in the right thread should not have to lose money bc of others mistakes.

Comment

Sorry to beat the dead horse but this gets irritating after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                                I remember this "American way" comment a few posts back.

Now it's the "American way" not to be held accountable for not following the rules or being held accountable for the mistake?
                                Actually that's not far from the truth :^ )

Comment

Working...
                                X