Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College GOW-Week 0-Post Picks Here-It's on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I view this similar to a golfer who knows the rules and calls a penalty on
    themselves if they think there was a rules violation. I agree with red raider that
    the rules weren't followed, but we have always had a history (in all of our contests)
    of being forgiving if someone makes a mistake or has a mis-understanding the first
    week the contest starts.
    I leave it up to Chargerette. She should post and if it was an honest mistake we will
    count the pick. If she wants to call a penalty on herself, that will be her call as well.

Comment

red raider im with u 100%.

Comment

It comes down to just reading and paying attention.

It's the same thing jeff has to deal with when grown adults can't put their user name on a payment.

It's not that hard but mistakes happen. Rules are rules tho.

Comment

Speaking of golf, I say we give her a mulligan......I've been on this website for several years and it was a little confusing for me as well. Now I know I'm a nobody, but I believe it was an honest mistake, so I think we should let the pick count.
          ;)

Comment

I have no problem letting the pick count. But did we not give her a mulligan last year? I think it was her and the same issue. Just saying.....I could be wrong and it may have been someone else.

Comment

I could see that, since the upset post came from me as well.
              Still want to hear it from Chargerette

Comment

Just another 2 cents. First off, I am a stickler for rules. This isn't as cut and dried, such as the time deadline. Would be harder to understand her mistake had she actually picked a dog in that thread. But it was a fav, and thusly believe no intent to defraud the system. Would hate to lose a paying customer for future events over this. I would vote to let it slide.

Comment

Wow....I'm really sorry I caused all this mess. I only participate in these contests because my husband thought I could do as well as anybody and I do watch all the games. I didn't even know what this upset contest is. I never have read any of the other postings although I guess I should.
                  I just saw the words "College" and "Week 0" and "Post picks here" and just assumed that was it. Whatever you decide I'm OK with....guess I know now...lol!
                  But Alabama was my pick for the 'real' contest. If you've noticed I always pick favorites because I don't really understand the concept of under dogs I guess
                  even though my husband has tried to explain it. Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
                    I have no problem letting the pick count. But did we not give her a mulligan last year? I think it was her and the same issue. Just saying.....I could be wrong and it may have been someone else.
                    I don't believe I did anything like this ever. But I do seem to remember people posting in wrong threads in the past so I know this isn't a first time issue. You are welcome to look back as all the posts are still there but it wasn't me.
                    My only mess-up last year was not understanding how to pick an over-under and just cut and pasting the 2 teams and line without saying which one I wanted ( thought it was just the team on top).
                    That was counted as a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerette View Post
                      Wow....I'm really sorry I caused all this mess. I only participate in these contests because my husband thought I could do as well as anybody and I do watch all the games. I didn't even know what this upset contest is. I never have read any of the other postings although I guess I should.
                      I just saw the words "College" and "Week 0" and "Post picks here" and just assumed that was it. Whatever you decide I'm OK with....guess I know now...lol!
                      But Alabama was my pick for the 'real' contest. If you've noticed I always pick favorites because I don't really understand the concept of under dogs I guess
                      even though my husband has tried to explain it. Sorry again.
                      Charger-

It is painfully obvious that you posted BAMA in the wrong thread-I clearly seen your intent.

Rules are Rules and they are set up for a reason. So posting into the wrong thread because they look similar argument is rather weak. If we open the doors to any possible circumstance it weakens the whole process.

I am sorry you posted in the wrong thread I really feel for you cause you had a winner on the game.

There should be no pass on granting a win as it was not posted in the correct forum according to rules. I am Sorry just my opinion. I go to great extremes to make sure not only I post in the correct forums of contest entered but do it on time.

I apologize if this sounds harsh-but being blind is not an excuse for a pass when money is involved.

Carpet

Comment

In your own words, it was "painfully obvious". It's a technicality. Besides, I don't see anything specific in the rules that covers this to make any decision so cut and dried.

Comment

And even though this is for a small amount of money, a certain amount of sportsmanship has always been displayed.

Comment

Please give it a break

Rules were not followed they are there for a reason are they not?

It is not about the money- It is all about Rules of Posting- Please allow me to show you Rule One-

1. Players in the contest will post one pick per week using the line listed in the weekly contest thread.
                            Players can pick either a Side or Total. If more than one pick is posted the first pick will be used. Editing picks will not be allowed.
                            Once your pick is posted it is official.

Do you see the part about using this weekly contest thread?

Comment

"Do you see the part about using this weekly contest thread? "

Ummm, no as a matter of fact .....I see where it says "using the line listed in the weekly contest thread"?
                              The rules also mention email as a source of posting. I mean, if you really, really want to use the rules as the
                              final say instead of just using reason and sportsmanship.....and you brought the "rules" up, not me.......it
                              doesn't specifically say picks not posted in this thread won't be counted under any circumstance. There is
                              mention the 'Results" thread specifically somewhere, but if you want to get right down to brass tacks, nope
                              it's not specifically in the rules. One might imply that, but it's not listed as a rule. As Krichinsky mentioned we
                              have used some leniency in the past in circumstances like these, so there is a precedence anyway.
                              Whatever he decides is OK, but I don't think it's as clear of a decision as you make it seem.

Comment

Dragon

Let me get this straight -Your better half submitted a pick in the wrong thread contest and we should count that pick?

You can slice and dice this all you want and beg for a free $25 pass based on human error? Challenge Rules begging for a pass.

I am sorry the pick was posted in the wrong forum (regardless of intent).

Quit making us out the bad guy on this- Sure we can change the rules to accept picks entered in error- Is that what you want?

Just stand up to the plate and accept the pick was made in the wrong forum instead of groveling that it should be ignored and counted.

I for one see your argument to count the pick absurd

Comment

Working...
                                X