Proposed Rule Amended to Pro Football Game of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone...........

This is what I am looking for, just an open forum.

Trust me, I've been gambling for way to long and know that it is 'gambling'.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Comment

I know this is not the Mock Hilton contest, but the same thing could happen there or in the REAL Westgate Hilton contest. Once the contest line is posted, that is it. They do not go back and amend it for any reason. That gives people who have the opportunity to post their picks late a possible advantage in the event of a major line change due to injury or weather. But in reality, as mentioned above, this does not occur but a couple of times each season.

This is good discussion as a lot of thoughts and ideas have been put forth. But personally, I say just leave it as it is.

Comment

Case in point, tonight's game. Many of us jumped on the original line. And lost.

Comment

I think gaming the line is particularly lucrative and prevalent in this contest (vs Hilton where you have 5 per week and it closes earlier). I agree it should be outside the spirit of what we are doing here and since we have real cash at stake, obviously the incentive for players to pick odds-advantaged lines is extremely high.

I'd say that Taxman should be able to pull a game off the board anytime there is a major change in the public line and the selection must be made before he posts the game as OFF. While you may have a player feign "I didn't know", this is an expert contest. You should know what's going on with the public line and be aware of the edge you are taking. The game can only go "OFF", the line can't adjust as that's unfair to players who put in honest picks early.

Comment

Hard to change now but it's a hard item to debate.

I look for line value aka line poaching at times honestly. But only if the play is something on my list of when I capped the games. I doubt many just take a game be the line moved 4 points since post but it is a valid argument. Hard to change lines in the middle as a score keeper may be tied up and not watch them all.

But lines move. Teasers are a good example. You can get 7 points and still lose very easily. I do it a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X