Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Blue Jays

If you don't have FS1 on your local cable network you missed an incredible Game 5 in Toronto. The 7th inning will have to go down as one of the craziest, most intense inning in baseball. After Texas took the lead in the top of the 7th inning on a bizarre play when Russell Martin's throw back to the pitcher bounced off Choo's bat and rolled down the third base line.... Texas decided to give Toronto not three, not four, not five, but SIX OUTS in the bottom of the 7th inning. The 3-run BOMB bat toss by Jose Bautista in the 7th inning summed up the emotion in this game. Toronto wins 6-3. Catch your breath and get ready for the second ALDS Game 5 of the day. Astros and Royals should be another epic battle tonight in Kansas City.

I was listening to the game on local radio (Texas) and also a local sports talk show (The Ticket). Both the fans and the Blue Jays went ballistic when Texas scored off of the ball hitting the bat. The fans were throwing stuff onto the field. Someone from an upper deck threw a bottle which hit a baby in the lower deck. It was crazy.

You may disagree with me, and feel free to do so, but I think this gave the Blue Jays a little extra motivation as they felt they had to battle both the officials and the Rangers. Once Bautista hit that Grand Slam, it was Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

I know, the Blue Jays had plenty of motivation to win the game, but a little incident like the hit bat, which resulted in the go ahead run for Texas, is the kind of thing that provides an extra spark to a team.

If anyone is to blame for the loss it is Elvis Andrus, with two errors and another fielding mishap in the bottom of the 7th. What an inning of baseball!

Comment

Instant Classic, that inning. Will go down amongst the craziest perhaps the very craziest ever & be replayed many times throughout History.

Texas' made another crucial error in removing Hamels. Then yet another in bringing in a Ginger with a scraggly beard. Gingers are too unstable, hot-tempered (as we saw play out) and scraggly beard is indicative of poor decision making and mental laziness.

I appreciate that the Scraggly-Bearded Ginger, Dyson, had not been touched up for a Homer or some such....and his Sinker Ball has been effective in game's past, whatever the announcers said as possible justification for bringing him on in relief of Hamels but this move is now pretty much universally acknowledged as The Ranger's biggest error during that Epic Inning.

When fans start throwing stuff from the upper deck I'd like to see MLB Policy call for the players removed immediately from the field & like Instant Replay is employed to get plays right I'd like to see this used to remove people who threw stuff.

IMO this rule should be instituted immediately. Anyone who hurls a beer bottle from an upper deck needs to be charged criminally, what of that baby had been killed?

Comment

Regardless of what happens on the field or how bad a call the officials may make, there is absolutely NO excuse for throwing stuff on the field.

I was at a minor league hockey game many years ago and the players had to walk right by the first row of fans to get to their dressing room. Fans poured beer on the opposing players as they went to their dressing room when the game was over. A group of fans even gathered outside their dressing room door to fight them after they dressed. Finally the police came and made the fans go home. It was insane. No excuse. I agree if someone hurls a bottle or any dangerous object, they should be charged with criminal assault.

Yell and boo all you want. Even call the players and officials names, albeit that is in bad taste, but when someone throws an object, they have crossed the line.

Comment

Precisely. If MLB announce NOW, this very moment, that Policy going forward was hereafter that the moment an object got hurled onto the field (or a player had beer or another liquid dumped on him) that Play was going to be stopped, players removed from the field and the guilty party located, removed from the game & also Criminally Charged this behavior would not repeat itself. Its a Miracle that no one was injured last night. One with the Mentality it'd take to hurl a beer bottle from an upper deck has no place at a Public Event or even loose among the Public at all.

If MLB would announce this policy there would not be much need to sift through camera footage to locate the Perp as other fans would turn him in. As they should. Say what you will about "Snitches" but to my opinion, "Not Applicable" in this instance. This behavior is deplorable.

With that said...Sink or Swim with Hamels. The runners on base are HIS (Via the multiple Errors)....I know..."Monday Morning Quarterbacking" but sincerely....damn Rangers, give the guy a chance to pitch his way out of it. He'd pitched great thus far and if not for the errors he is out of the damn inning!!

I think Cole Hamels would have handled it, was TX best chance to get out of the Jam. We will never know.

Comment

Working...
          X