World Series 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series 2015

As they roll the tarp off the infield, the first pitch of the 2015 World Series should be in the next 20-ish minutes. I'm rooting for the Royals in Six Games. Going with the OVER tonight. A bit tired of the East Coast Press Reporters bias reporting on the NY Mets pitching like it is the greatest EVER. The last I checked the KC Royals finished the regular season about nine games better than Mets and have a pitching staff that can shut you down after the seventh inning just as well. The New York Mets was in a LAME Division and only managed 90 wins. They have gotten hot at the right time of the season and are capable of being the Champs. Should be a good World Series.

Should be an awesome ws, nice write up.

Comment

Go Royals!

Comment

Well if game 1 is any indication this series is gonna be more than memorable. What else could you ask for in a game? Im a long time Mets fan and even
        though it was a tough loss it showed why they are there. Love the Royals supporters . Only empty seats at 5 hours were front row!
        Mets are actually in the series a year ahead of time in my mind. But even though they played in a lousy division they just went thru Grienke Kershaw
        and Arrietta to get here. I dont think Royals pitching or even there Pen (which is awesome) is gonna shut them down. On the other hand DeGrom with
        his best stuff is capable of just smoking even the Royals bats .And lets not forget the Royals have to play 3 games of real baseball back at Citi which
        will be hosting its first ever world series ! Mets havent been on the field there since leaving for Chicago to clinch NLCS. Insane is the only word I can
        think of when that game 3 starts friday night .

Good luck to all and lets hope it goes 6 or 7 which Im pretty sure it will.

Comment

I am going with the Royals +115 tonight to keep the momentum going at home. Should be another good one.

Cueto can match Degrom if he is on and I think he will be.

KC +115 over NYM in game 2.

Lean Under 7.5 too.

Comment

Cueto is the wild card tonight. His career record against the Mets is 3-4 with an ERA of 4.02. As for Mr. deGrom...... this will be his FIRST TIME pitching against the KC Royals. deGrom not quite lethal on the road (ERA 3.09) compared to his home appearances (ERA 1.99). With Cueto's inconsistent outings in the playoffs I give deGrom the edge especially through the early portion of the game. The Mets have to jump out early on Johnny C and make him become the head case that he is when he's on the mound. Once he starts to overthink his goofy windups and slide step quick pitches, its time to go to the bullpen. After the 14 inning marathon last night teams hope both these starters go deep into the game. Tomorrow is an off day so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Slight lean towards Mets tonight, only think it'll be an OVER since I think the Mets can score runs on Cueto. We know the Royals will find a way to respond and keep it close, it's who they are. Another 5-4 game wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Well the Mets had Cueto rattled early but couldnt get it done . DeGrom had control early but wandered right into the Royals kitchen . The Royals do not miss, thats just a fact . They wait for the pitch over the middle and they just dont miss it ! 2 strikes in the count means nothing . I was disappointed but impressed, And Cueto just painted a masterpiece after he got the lead. Sent the Mets
              home limping back to Citi with the daunting task of winning all 3 to have a shot at these guys. But history has shown it can be done. 86 Mets faced the same deficit. Im looking forward to friday
              night.
              Royals able to rest everybody so their starter will be on a short leash. Syndegard is an animal at home vs road. This might get a little testy as I ve seen this Royals kid pull some tantrums on the
              hill. He would be wise not to wake the Mets up after Cueto outing. Wright Cespedes Darnaud have to step it up for Mets to have a chance . We left a bunch on base which is kiss of death at
              this time of year .

Comment

Obviously Game Three is HUGE for the Mets, they can't fall behind 3-0 in the Series and expect a miracle comeback. Since the DH was USELESS to the Mets in KC, its a win-win for New York having the pitchers bat. Maybe somebody in the Royals lineup will actually strikeout since the pitchers have to bat the next two or three games!!! Will there be more hits or broken bats from the HIGH HEAT both pitchers will be hurling to the plate Friday night? Game time temps may be in the low 40's.

Comment

I'll go with the UNDER tonight. Mets pitching has to be strong tonight and their bats have to wake up just enough to eek out a 4-2 type win.

Comment

Game 3 big win for Mets . I had the wrong guy stirring up the hornets nest as Noah wasted no time using the first pitch to send a message . Wright and Darnaud both had good nights at the plate
                    and Mets actually played better D than the Royals which was the real surprise. Biggest surpise though to me was Uribe coming up with a huge hit after not having an AB for more than a month .

So tonight Matz is -137. Young as the starter versus coming in from the pen is a bonus for the Mets. Seeing him from the start and also having just seen him for multiple innings just a couple ays ago wil give mets the opportunity to adjust to that crazy point of delivery. I loved this guy when he was a Met. He is a competitor for sure. Matz has an electric curve and he will need it .
                    Look for Murphy and Duda along with Cespedes to make the difference for the Mets . Mets win and it goes over again

Comment

I had the mets last night too. Great game.

Saturday I am playing under 7.5.
                      3 overs so far and I think it's a lower scoring game. C young has been underrated this year. He's a smart pitcher.

Comment

Hard to imagine any of the 2015 World Series games staying UNDER the way the hitting has been in the first three games. Another OVER tonight. We're up to at least a five game series with the Mets winning last night.

Comment

The Amazin' Mets Game 4 eighth inning bullpen implosion and ninth inning base running blunder makes it a 3-1 series lead for Kansas City. Familia being schooled by the Royals in his two blown saves during this series. The Royals are showing everybody they truly are on a mission after losing the World Series in Game 7 last year.

Comment

Well in a strange way my pre game comments were correct. I closed out that entry by saying look for duda murphy and cespedes to make a difference ! Throw in Terry Collins in with Murphy
                            and Cespedes and you have yourself a real nice knucklehead sandwich . As NYC wakes up this morning I can be pretty sure in saying the Cespedes love affair is over . Way over. But thats for
                            another day. Most would say the goose is cooked here and I would agree except for three simple reasons. Harvey DeGrom and Syndegard. They will each be pitching their last start of the year
                            and it will be their biggest of each of their young careers. They have the right stuff to pull off a once in a liftetime comeback. Unlikely ? You bet. Reality is this could very easily be Mets 3-1 going
                            for the clinch tonight . But it isn't . Tonight is the key. If Harvey carries the Mets thru 7 with a lead and Collins does the right thing and sends out Reed then we could witness something special
                            in the coming days. Better yet Harvey goes 8 or possibly complete game. If that happens then Mets Magic Miracle could be witnessed in KC.

Comment

Might make it past tonight 'n send the Series back to KC (where The Royals would prefer to Win It anyways) but DeGrom is Done. Fatigued 'n Mentally Worn Down 'n Shaken. I'd make that Line -220 KC in Game Six. IMO NYM -1.5 tonite is a Value Play. A bit Crazy one yes, perhaps....mostly wanted to chime in with, if it goes to Six and DeGrom lasts SIX IMO that'd be a Miracle in itself. I believe that he is done. If I'm wrong (which is very possible & quite a frequent occurrence) if we could somehow see a game 7 with Syndergaard on the hill? I'd imagine KC trots out Cueto. Damn that'd be nice. Cuz I wouldn't mind seeing Cueto get Blown Up. He's pitched a hella lot better than I expected him to under these circumstances though.

Comment

Working...
                              X