Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Ten/ACC Basketball Challenge.......who you got and why!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten/ACC Basketball Challenge.......who you got and why!

Monday
    Clemson (4-1) at Minnesota (4-2)
    Neither team has played anyone. Toss up, I'll take the home team Pick: Minnesota

Wake Forest (4-2) at Rutgers (3-3)
    Wake upset Indiana. Rutgers will be improved at season's end, but they're just not that good. Pick: Wake Forest

Tuesday
Maryland (6-0) at North Carolina (5-1)
    I cannot figure out Maryland right now, very sluggish and struggled against Rider and Illinois State. UNC, slip up at Northern Iowa, which is a solid team. Pick: North Carolina should win by at least 8.

Virginia (5-1) at Ohio State (2-3)
    What the hell happened to Ohio State (lost to UT Arlington and LA Tech at home). Virginia's stout defense will not help Ohio State. Pick: Virginia

Michigan (4-2) at North Carolina State (4-2)
    Looks to be a very interesting and even matched game. I'll take the road team as they have lost to tougher competition. Pick: Michigan

Purdue (6-0) at Pittsburgh (4-0)
    I LOVE my Boilermakers this year! 10 solid players that are very interchangeable with rotations. Purdue has the size advantage. Pitt can rebound too. Not picking with my heart, just as long as the 3 big guys stay out of foul trouble and two of them are on the court almost all the time, Pitt will have trouble generating good looks. Pick: Purdue by 5, leaning over too

Northwestern (5-1) at Virginia Tech (4-2)
    Northwestern is a dark horse this year, they can shoot 3s. Played UNC tough. VA Tech has had trouble with mediocre teams so far. NW is not mediocre. Pick: Northwestern by 4

Miami (5-1) at Nebraska (5-2)
    Miami beat Butler and Utah but lost to Northeastern. Nebraska is tough at home at their new place. Pick: Nebraska

Wednesday
    Indiana (4-2) at Duke (6-1)
    Both teams have great offenses. Duke plays defense while IU does not. IU is a turnover machine is well. Should be a ton of points scored in this entertaining up and down the floor battle. Duke will teach IU a lesson about protecting the ball and how to play D. Pick: Duke by at least 10.

Louisville (5-0) at Michigan State (7-0)
    Sparty playing solid ball early in the year. Louisville has not been challenged so far this year, and going to Michigan State is no easy task. Pick: Michigan State

Notre Dame (4-2) at Illinois (3-4)
    Notre Dame is too experienced and too tough. Illinois is still a little banged up. Pick: Notre Dame {I will defer to Carpet for more insight}

Wisconsin (4-3) at Syracuse (6-0)
    Syracuse beat Texas A&M and Connecticut. Wisconsin is a shell of the team from last year and the Carrier Dome will not help. Pick: Syracuse

Florida State (4-1) at Iowa (4-2)
    Iowa beat Wichita State. Had a nice tune up tournament over the weekend with a lot of good teams. Florida State's marshmallow and cupcake diet end where Iowa is a tough venue. Pick: Iowa

Penn State (3-2) at Boston College (3-3)
    Penn State lost to Radford and barely beat Bucknell. BC's three wins have come against Harvard and two nobodys. Pick: Boston College because they are home.

I think Nebraska is a good go against all year. Lost a lot from last year.

Like Miami to win by dd.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
      Monday
      Notre Dame (4-2) at Illinois (3-4)
      Notre Dame is too experienced and too tough. Illinois is still a little banged up. Pick: Notre Dame {I will defer to Carpet for more insight}

Tax here is my ground floor view of this game.

ND -2.5 the O/U is 143. The game is at the new renovated State Farm Center formally known as Assembly Hall. There will be a half-time dedication of the court to Coach Lou Henson. Place will be jumping.

Illinois lost their center Mike Thorne last game looks out for the year. Losing Thorne gives Illinois Zero inside presence. Illinois has been bit by every injury bug possible.

Illinois will struggle in the paint containing Augustine inside no doubt. Illinois is forced to go small ball. Illinois is loaded with
      talent but lacking a true point guard.

Illinois is loaded with good players-Keep your eye on Malcom Hill he is really fun to watch play the game.

Illinois is playing for the first time this year at HOME-They have played away from home court all year. Illinois has all
      the talent to compete with Irish and this will be a close game.

Illinois +2.5 FINAL SCORE: 72-70 ILLINOIS

Comment

I'm taking Maryland and the points in the night game.

+8.

Good games so far. Love this format.

Comment

I forgot how stressful betting college hoops is....All the fouling at the end makes the result up for grabs until the final buzzer.

UNBC misses a ton of free throws, and Maryland can't score at the end and it lands on 8.

Great games though. Miami and Nebraska was tight. I may have unserestimated Nebraska and they will be tough at home in conference.

Inmpressed with the Big 10 so far.

Comment

Had Ucla yesterday. Wish I would have taken the ml that was never in doubt!

Tonight- Northern Illinois +4.5

Good luck with your plays

Comment

Working...
            X