Tiebreaker for 1st and 2nd Place:
    chrny
    widestrides

Tiebreaker for 3rd Place:
    woodee12
    never lose
    dragon1952
    winnersbyt&b

Anyone else who wants to post their prediction here is more than welcome to as well.

Eligible players can post here or send there picks to [email protected]
    Anyone else picking can post here.

All picks either posting here or by email are due by 12:00pm on Saturday, Dec 12.
    All in one post:
    1-Pick one side army or NAVY with spread.
    2-Pick over or under the total.
    3-Pick the total amount of points that will be scored in the game.
    For the total points scored the winner will be the one who comes closest to the
    total regardless if their total pick is over or under the combined final score.

Saturday, December 12th, 2015
    3:00 PM EST
    Spread
    Navy -22.0
    Army +22.0
    Total: 53

Comment

Correction:
      Picks are due by 12:00pm EST, Saturday December 12.

Comment

Waiting to hear on chrny. I'd prefer to split it rather than pick the ugly and boring Army/Navy game at -22. But chrny, if you have a strong lean in the Army/Navy game and want to go for it, I can always hedge my bet with a side bet and guarantee my $325. But to do that, I just need to avoid the tiebreakers, so I'd be willing to just take the opposite of what you take in the Army/Navy game. I'd also like to decide that early, before any line movement, so I don't risk getting middled.

Question? Do the rules above mean that one must pick Army or Navy and not over or under as we do in regular season? And that the over/under only comes into play as a second tiebreaker, if needed? And the total points as a third tiebreaker, only if needed?

Thanks!

Comment

Widestrides, I'm sticking to the rules as the contest started. We're picking the winner, the over or under, & the total score.

Comment

Okay. I can work with that.

Careful what you wish for.

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by chrny View Post
              Widestrides, I'm sticking to the rules as the contest started. We're picking the winner, the over or under, & the total score.
              LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

GL my friends-

Carpet

Comment

I think we really need to alter the tie breaker in the rules next year. One game to decide a season worth of work does not make much sense.

I think picking 5 of your top bowl games is something that can be considered with more being picked if you tie those games.

Comment

I like that idea woodee12

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    I think we really need to alter the tie breaker in the rules next year. One game to decide a season worth of work does not make much sense.

I think picking 5 of your top bowl games is something that can be considered with more being picked if you tie those games.
                    Great idea.

The NFL GOW Contest goes right through to the Super Bowl. No reason not to run the College GOW Contest through to the Championship Game. More fun.

We could make everyone pick Army/Navy or the Army/Navy over under and then proceed through 3 more weeks of Bowl Games. Of course, that might take away from a Bowl Contest, but I doubt we get too many for a Bowl Contest. I don't think more than the GOW Contest.

Comment

Army +22
                      Over 53
                      total score 58

Thank me later.

Comment

Question? Just want to be clear. Do the rules above mean that one must pick Army or Navy and not the over or under as we have the option to do in the regular season?

And that the over/under only comes into play as a second tiebreaker only if needed?

And the total points as a third tiebreaker, only if needed?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                          Correction:
                          Picks are due by 12:00pm EST, Saturday December 12.
                          Did you mean to correct it to 2 PM, which would be the usual one hour before game time?

Just want to be sure as we've had our share of controversies here on BW.

Thanks!

Comment

I should have been more clear on that.
                            The picks will go in order. The first decider will be the side pick. All players
                            who get the right side will move on and then the next tie breaker will be
                            the over or under the total pick. Then if more than one player has that
                            correct pick, the player closest to the final combined points will be the
                            winner. If somehow more than one player ties for the closest points
                            to the final the prize money will be split.

The deadline will be 12PM EST, Saturday Dec. 12

Comment

I have no problem with picking thru the bowl games, just don't change it the end of the season. It such a crap shoot picking bowl games. Players get suspended, curfews, grades, they get hurt in practice. The month lay off in
                              some cases makes team healthier. Give a good coach a month and he can come up with game plan the beats the best. The best part of our season is the week in week out choices we have to make.

Comment

Working...
                              X