No announcement yet.

2015-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-TIE BREAKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widestrides i have no wishes or agenda, 1st or 2nd place is an honor with this group of great players. I'm just thrilled to be part of it.

GL

Comment

Originally posted by chrny View Post
      Widestrides i have no wishes or agenda, 1st or 2nd place is an honor with this group of great players. I'm just thrilled to be part of it.

GL
      Sorry to imply that. It just sounded like some sort of challenge to force me to pick the Army/Navy game.

My decision to hedge and just take the $325 is based on this: I'd rather not risk the difference between $450 and $200 on the Army/Navy game. And if we both pick the same side, then we will be risking it on the over/under. And if we both pick the same over/under, then we will be risking it on the actual total score of the game. No thanks.

I'd rather take the $325 and bet it on some other game(s) that I have more knowledge of and confidence with, rather than guess on the Army/Navy game, over/under or total points. Might as well flip coin.

So that's why I will be hedging and taking the $325. Make sense?

Since my $325 is guaranteed, so I can even root for you to win the $450 rather than the $200, because I'm going to walk away with $325 regardless.

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
        I should have been more clear on that.
        The picks will go in order. The first decider will be the side pick. All players
        who get the right side will move on and then the next tie breaker will be
        the over or under the total pick. Then if more than one player has that
        correct pick, the player closest to the final combined points will be the
        winner. If somehow more than one player ties for the closest points
        to the final the prize money will be split.

The deadline will be 12PM EST, Saturday Dec. 12
        Great. Thanks K-man. That makes it very clear.

Can you post the picks as soon as possible after the Noon deadline?

Thanks! Appreciate your work. Finish Line is in sight!

Comment

I should have been more clear on that.
          The picks will go in order. The first decider will be the side pick. All players
          who get the right side will move on and then the next tie breaker will be
          the over or under the total pick. Then if more than one player has that
          correct pick, the player closest to the final combined points will be the
          winner. If somehow more than one player ties for the closest points
          to the final the prize money will be split.

The deadline will be 12PM EST, Saturday Dec. 12
          Was this recently changed? I remember when I won a few years back you had to choose both and then the tie breaker was total points. You are forcing them to pick the side when all year they had the option of betting on the total as well. Not really fair if they prefer the total.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
            Was this recently changed? I remember when I won a few years back you had to choose both and then the tie breaker was total points. You are forcing them to pick the side when all year they had the option of betting on the total as well. Not really fair if they prefer the total.
            I don't mind this way of having three levels of tiebreakers if needed. Better chance of things getting decided before the total points thing.

Comment

bret, are you saying it used to be a choice of side or total, or that you had to pick BOTH?

Comment

I just looked back at last year's tiebreaker and it was the same as this year, so we're good to go.

Side determines it or move to over/under and if that doesn't break it, then exact point total.

There was also a bit of grumbling about using the Army/Navy game as a tiebreaker last year! :-)

Comment

Navy-22

O/U UNDER 53

TOTAL scored Navy 38-Army 10= 48 points

Comment

I can't believe I left this out, just in case.
                    For the 3rd tie breaker, total points scored by both teams, the player
                    who comes closest wins regardless if his total points pick is over or under the
                    final total.

bret, without looking back to the old threads, I'm not sure how the tie-breaker
                    was set up. I should know since I was playing prior to running or help to run
                    the contest. Just know that I followed what we did last year and there was no
                    complaints, at least how the tie-breaker was set up. ha-ha.

Comment

I can't believe I left this out, just in case.
                      For the 3rd tie breaker, total points scored by both teams, the player
                      who comes closest wins regardless if his total points pick is over or under the
                      final total.
                      Really-LOL we need 4 tie breaker segments for the Army-Navy Game

Comment

Yea I cant remember what it was the last couple of yeas but when I won it was pick BOTH side and total. The tie breaker was then total points. Just sucks if you like the total more than the sides.

Comment

So now we have to pick the side, then o/u, then total points, and now we have to the score for each team?? Really???

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
                            So now we have to pick the side, then o/u, then total points, and now we have to the score for each team?? Really???
                            No, just total points for both teams.
                            Again, don't know how long we've been doing it, but most of the posts have
                            always included the prediction of what the final score will be...just for fun.

As an example, Carpet's total is 48 and he's just added his prediction of how
                            those points will add up.

FYI, the total points hit exactly 48 in 2010 and 2011 and have fallen below that
                            the past 3 years. Since 2008, Navy has scored exactly 17 points in three of these
                            games and exactly 34 points in two of the games.

Comment

No, just total points for both teams.
                              Right, total points scored by BOTH teams. Not total points for EACH team.

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
                                But if you pick correctly on the side and all the other players pick incorrectly, then it is done and you win the tiebreaker. It's a series of tiebreakers, if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X