No announcement yet.

2015-$25 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-TIE BREAKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another way we could break a tie without having to extend the contest would be to pick 3 or 4 games on the last weekend and if there is a tie after the results of everyone's first pick, you move to everyone's second pick, and then third pick, until the tie is broken.

This provides more of a choice and more skill than just Army vs Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
      Another way we could break a tie without having to extend the contest would be to pick 3 or 4 games on the last weekend and if there is a tie after the results of everyone's first pick, you move to everyone's second pick, and then third pick, until the tie is broken.

This provides more of a choice and more skill than just Army vs Navy.
      I like this idea, or make everyone in contention pick all of the Championship games. Like the top five pick all of these games and score them double.

Comment

This idea is for next year of course. What we have is not very good

Comment

Originally posted by Bama25 View Post
          From a different view, I'm not for or against having the army/NAVY game be the tie-breaker.
          It's what we have agreed to and just like The Boys and Taxman in their contests, I have an
          obligation to follow the rules we agreed to have for the season.

Basically, we have a group of 25-30 players each season and only half of those actually post
          beyond just making their weekly pick. Out of the ones who do post, we have had only 4 or 5
          players complain about using army/NAVY as the tie breaker. That means that about 20%, at
          best, of our players don't like the tie-breaker.

Obviously keeping the score for this is not hard, but I do resent the fact that there is an
          assumption that the score keeping here is just like posting on Yahoo. Over the course of the
          season there were comments like you were talking to a company in charge rather than one
          of your fellow posters. Truly not looking for any sympathy, but we do run this a little different
          from the big contests and we need to accept that and not act, beyond a little money and a lot
          of pride, like it's such a hard contest to play.

Comment

Yeah. I always complain but never come up with a solution or ideas before the contest starts. !!!

I agree. For sure and appreciate your hard work on it k man.

We should discuss early next year and iron it out.

Really it does make army-navy a game to watch and one we should probably care about more too!

Comment

For PIDIDDY

Army/Navy OVER

Comment

Originally posted by Bama25 View Post
                I am just suggesting a change for the better for next year. I realize you need to stick with the rules like you have all year. I think you did an outstanding job, and if you remember I said nothing about your decision on my pick which was 5 minutes late and pointed out by Dragon and motivated by the Chargerette controversy early in the season. You have made the right call every time. I wish you had been officiating some of these NFL games with the bad calls HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

NAVY 38-10
                  ;)

Comment

Just emailed my picks.

Comment

Thanks dragon, you did a great job last year we all appreciate it

Comment

Sorry wrong thread ! I'm speaking on behalf of all of us for the college bowl games

Comment

Okay emailing my picks Friday 5PM pac time. But before a few comments--- K-Man excellent job i loved your last comment. Woodee12 same with your's. Now here's mine-- granted this means nothing to some but there are a lot of husbands, wives, sons & daughters that this game takes them away from where they are (Not USA) and gives them something to root for besides bombs. But come on guys this is better than xmas shopping with your better
                          half unless you are collywobbles. That a guy LOL

Comment

NAVY 31
                            army 9

The line pushes. Read a post yesterday that, besides the Super Bowl, this
                            was the most bet football game. Not sure if that's a fact, but it probably
                            is up there in the top 5.

Comment

Army +22
                              Under 53
                              Total Points = 50 (Let's say Navy 34-16)

Navy is the far superior team, but probably will not run it up on Army, so that makes this 22 point spread a little tricky.

GLTA

K-Man. Can you post the emailed picks as soon as possible after Noon, so I can get my hedge bet(s) in. Thanks! And thanks for all your patience and accurate scorekeeping!

Comment

side- Army +22
                                o/u - Under 50
                                Total- 44 Navy 31-13

Comment

Working...
                                X