No announcement yet.

Mock Hilton Standings thru Week... FINAL RESULTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to the winners. Pretty good that our contest with less than 100 would have placed our top dog at #7 in the real SuperContest with over 1,000 contestants.

What was our final payout breakdown?

Comment

Nice job guys. Fun and challenging contest as always.

Comment

Congrats Blackcat...Champion. I'm looking at entering the real Westgate Contest next year via proxy. Looking to recruit a 5 person team.
        If interested shoot me an email [email protected]. (This is my Fantasy Football team name Roadkill) and my junk/spam email.
        I'll give you my real email address with a reply back. I'm retired USAF and plan a trip to Las Veges in August to enter our team.

Let me know ...would like the best of the best. Jeff (Bettorsworld) would like to have you on the team if interested.

Winning $900,000 split five ways would not suck.

Thanks Ding

Comment

If I could only spell Las Vegas.

Comment

Sounds good Dinger. Jeff knows how to contact me.

Comment

What's the weekly due date for the real contest? You'll note I had most of my final weeks picked by Thursday night. :-) Interesting strategy....lol. But I was just making picks, not trying to skim. Part of the reason I'm surprised I won.

Comment

Yeah, the winner, Rounding Again, said he made it a point never to enter early for the Thursday games. He said he was not a trends or stats or computer guy. He would study matchups and injuries so he wanted to know who practiced on Thursday and Friday and who didn't. He had never entered before. Just an average Joe from the Denver area. 44 year old government worker. And he has no desire to go tout and sell his picks. CH Ballers who won last year with an amazing record went tout and sold their picks this year and didn't do very well. Maybe 39-45-1 if they were indeed called "El Chignon" this year as had been rumored.

Comment

I was surprised that CH Ballers went tout this year, but they did so well in last year's contest, it was probably smart for them to strike while the iron is hot. I don't know how well their tout business did, but it would have been difficult for them to duplicate last year's record again this year.

The story of Rounding Again gives us average guys hope that it can be done without all the sophisticated stats, computers and analytics. Studying matchups and injuries (especially who practiced on Thursday and Friday) was smart. Most of us have regular jobs and lack the time to conduct in-depth handicapping and run a bunch of numbers through computers.

I hope to enter the real Westgate contest some day, but it may or may not happen. Like Dinger, I would love to put together a team, but I have heard so many horror stories about teams that entered and there are so many different ways for the team to make the final selections, who knows what is the best way.

Comment

This is where we would have fallen in the Real Hilton Contest. Cutoff seems to be 52.0 according to what TheBoys posted.
                    $1500 entry fee
                    picks due in by 11am Saturday (we go til midnight eastern saturday)
                    Top 50 cash in

TheBlackCat = 55 $90,667.5

Winandwin = 54.5 $54,832.25
                    Krichinsky # 1 = 54.5 $54,832.25

Resteasy = 53.5 $17,270.00

Krichinsky # 2 = 52.5 $6,044.50

Eugenius = 52 $2,989.04

Comment

I mentioned in the mock thread I do it the way of rounding again. No stat sheets or analytics just watching the teams when I can and making my picks. I also like to avoid the thursday night games to get a better sense of injuries. It does give hope that we can beat the 'machines' of the capping world.

I can't imagine going tout if I won. Then again I have no idea the money that would be offered so it's hard to say right? Would feel weird as hell selling picks and I don't particularly like the idea.

Comment

I'm about 95% stat sheets and analytics. But sometimes I play "sure" gut things -- like the Giants winning Coughlin's final game over the heartless Eagles. Seriously, WTH guys? Needless to say, I lose most of those...

Comment

The standings after week 6...at least I was over 50% lol.

CFord1 # 1 = 21.5
                          Winandwin = 21.5

Krichinsky # 1 = 21

The Boys = 20.5

The Guesser # 3 = 20

Never Lose # 2 = 19.5
                          QBNCGRZ = 19.5

Dinger # 1 = 19
                          Never Lose # 1 = 19

Resteasy = 18.5
                          Cambridge1959 # 4 = 18.5
                          Citizenc = 18.5