• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Hilton Tie-Breaker

TheBlackCat.... 1st place 40%

Resteasy.... 4th place 10%

Krichinsky # 2 ... 5th place 5%

winandwin and K-man # 1.... tied for 2nd 25% or 3rd place 20%

Good job boys in the in the 5th year of the Mock Hilton Contest. As per the rules we'll take
    any ties into the playoffs. We have a tie between "winandwin and K-man #1."

The betting line for the tie breaker is:

KC-3 @ Hou Sat. 4:35 est

Pitt -2.5 @ Cinn Sat. 8:15 est

Sea-5.5 @ Minn Sun 1:05 est

GB-1 @ Wash Sun 4:40 est

"Email me your 4 picks at [email protected] by 3:00 pm Saturday."

Ohhhh, got my popcorn ready!

Comment

congrats BlackCat!

Comment

I hope they see this.

Why do we do this? The real SuperContest just splits the money among the tied places. I thought we always try to go with what they do.

Comment

I know. Posted earlier about being done, with 2nd and 3rd being split.
          winandwin doesn't post here beyond his picks, so not sure where he stands.

Regardless, The Boys and Monroe Eaford kick ass in running this and they
          deserve a ton of credit for carrying all of us through the contest.

Comment

To the death!!! Plus its not like there's a mammoth difference at stake between splitting it. 2.5%

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
              To the death!!! Plus its not like there's a mammoth difference at stake between splitting it. 2.5%
              Well, you know if either of us get one win you move to 3rd Place.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                Well, you know if either of us get one win you move to 3rd Place.
                I'm good with splitting...

Comment

#8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

End of Story....................

Comment

I know it's in the rules. Just asking why, even though I certainly don't have any skin in it. Guys usually get all worked up that we follow the real SuperContest, until we don't.

Why complicate it and go an extra week and risk pissing off a winner who figured it was over like the real SuperContest? Not suggesting breaking the rule this year, but it's a suggestion for next year that I expect most would approve since it is more in line with the real SuperContest.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                      I know it's in the rules. Just asking why, even though I certainly don't have any skin in it. Guys usually get all worked up that we follow the real SuperContest, until we don't.

Why complicate it and go an extra week and risk pissing off a winner who figured it was over like the real SuperContest? Not suggesting breaking the rule this year, but it's a suggestion for next year that I expect most would approve since it is more in line with the real SuperContest.
                      "Mock Hilton Rules"

This contest will be modeled as closely as possible after the "Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest"...........$50.00 entry fee.

Comment

This is just for kman and winandwin right. To figure out 2nd and 3rd. No need for anyone else to submit and can't move out of those spots (blackcat remains in 1st). I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by resteasy View Post
                          This is just for kman and winandwin right. To figure out 2nd and 3rd. No need for anyone else to submit and can't move out of those spots (blackcat remains in 1st). I assume.
                          yes just for kman #1 and winandwin to determine the 2nd and 3rd place winner.

Comment

Maybe someone could email winandwin and let him know. Someone has his email since he emailed his picks in the last week or two. Just to be sporting about it. He may agree to split it and end it. Otherwise, it could go drag on through the SuperBowl, and you could still be tied.

Comment

i am ok with splitting. Let me know by today if need to make picks. Thank you and have good weekend all.

Comment

Working...
                              X