• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Total Betting

Today's Cubs game, at post time, offered the following closing totals:

1)CRIS-9 over-20
    2)Rio-10 under-50
    3)Skybook-12 under-100

For fun, let's do a survey and see which of the above lines bettors would prefer to bet UNDER. (Please disregard the results of the game, which at the time of this posting is still in progress)Your rationale is welcome.

The closing line at Sky must have been 12 UN200. Maybe the software can't handle -200 on a total so they posted -100. Right before the game went off they had 12 UN185. I've never seen a higher moneyline on a total. This must be a world record.

Comment

LAST YEAR, SKYBOOK POSTED A CUB TOTAL 13OV20
      THE TOTAL CLOSED 13UN205. LOOKS LIKE THEY
      DONT BELIEVE IN MOVING OFF OF A TOTAL.

Comment

BETTING UNDER AT THE POST IN THIS GAME IS A RECIPE FOR BETTORS DEATH.IF YOU WERENT THERE FOR THE WEDDING(WHEN THE TOTAL OPENED 12.5),THAN MY SUGGESTION IS SKIP THE FUNERAL(BY BETTING THE UNDER AT POST).BETTING OVER AT GAME TIME IS ANOTHER STORY.....THE BEST OVER # IS RIO'S USING THE BASIS THAT HALF A RUN IS WORTH SOMEWHERE AROUND 40 CENTS.I BELIEVE THE CARIBBEAN OPENED AT 13.5 ON THEIR OVERNITE LINE ACCORDING TO DON BESTS LINE HISTORY..WOW! IT IS NICE THAT WE AS BETTORS HAVE A CHOICE AS SOME BOOKS MOVE OFF OF #'S AND SOME DECIDE TO MOVE MONEY.DOES ANYBOBY HAVE A MATHEMATICAL ANSWER FOR WHAT A HALF A RUN IS WORTH EXACTLY?

Comment

ShifttSheik, 12 under-100 really means under 200, or 2/1, just like 10 under-50 really means -150, or 3/2.

ajax50, every half run in baseball is worth a different amount. Also, odd numbers are worth more than even ones, because 28% of all games are 1 run games, and these must land on odd numbers.

Comment

MY QUESTION IS WHAT DID CRIS OPEN THE
            TOTAL AT? THE CLOSE AT CRIS WAS ANYWHERE
            FROM A 1 1/2 TO 3 RUN SPREAD FROM OTHER
            PLACES THAT I LOOKED AT. EVEN THE STARDUST
            MOVED A WHOLE RUN OFF THEIR OPENER ON
            THE GAME.

Comment

THEY OPENED 13.5 UNDER ON THE OVERNITE LINE. THIS IS FRON DON BESTS LINE HISTORY SCREEN

Comment

I DIDNT THINK CRIS POSTED OVERNITE TOTALS
                ON CUB HOME GAMES. I SEEN A # EARLIER THIS
                AFTERNOON OF 11OV15.

Comment

I got to my screenn 5 minutes before gametime andn saw the obvious steam on the under. With only a minute or two get a play in chose to try Bowman's because they generallynshade the overs. I played 12u60. I much prefer to lay the juice and take a higher winning% with the good number. With more time I would have wentn for a middle heavy on the under. As for the choice of which number to lay, I doubt I will lay the 12u200, but with the choice I saw 12u60 was the play for me everytime, those are huge numbers to skip over for a baseballn total. By the way another monster day for the steam on Wed, the industry needs a good season in football.

Comment

TO ME, IT'S A NO-BRAINER------
                    IF YOU FEEL CRIS HAD THE "RIGHT" # ON THE
                    GAME AT 9OV-YOU GO INTO SKYBOOK AND PLAY THE
                    12UN-YOUR BUYING 3 RUNS FOR $100

Comment

According to my research, going under 10 under-50 offers the least value. Going under either 12 under-100 or under 9 over-20 offers virtually identical value.

CRIS is a joke as the sportsbetting industry leader, because they don't have a clue about how to move their baseball totals. They have no idea what different numbers are worth and what a number should be moved to after a limit bet. But, here's a vote from me to keep them as the industry leader. I'm sure the Poker Players will also stuff the ballot box to keep CRIS as the industry leader.

Comment

RENO
                        I THINK YOU MEAN 12UN200.
                        JUST A SUGGESTION. ALTHOUGH YOU SAY YOU DONT
                        CARE FOR COSTA RICA, I WOULD GO DOWN THERE
                        TO THE CRIS OPERATION AND TELL RON THAT YOU
                        CAN MAKE MUCH BETTER LINES AND TOTALS ON
                        BASEBALL AND THAT YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO MOVE THE LINES MORE CORRECTLY WHEN TAKING A HIT.
                        IT COULD BE QUITE LUCRATIVE.

Comment

I'll stuff that ballot too!!!!!!

Comment

YOU GUYS ARE FORGETTING THAT THE LINES
                            COME OUT OF A BUILDING ON 675 GRIER DRIVE
                            IN LAS VEGAS.

Comment

OLD MAN, just as 9 over 20 means -120, 12 over 100 means -200. Skybook listed it that way on the Don Best screen.

What makes you think I don't like CRIS? They are super reliable and I would have zero concern about my money even if I had a 100 dimes there. I like them because they are super solid and ignorant--exactly the way every player wants a bookie to be. But I would respect them more if they knew what they were doing. I prefer liking them to respecting them. It provides me with greater earning potential.

At some point in time--hopefully later than sooner--someone who knows what they're doing is going to supplant CRIS as the industry leader. As I've stated before, the offshore books should form an association and pitch in the money to find a head Guru linesmaker who has a chance against the Billy Walters/Poker Players think tanks. They could then have seminars, and offshore bookies could learn how to really book. They would know what every number is worth, and their earning potential would increase. They would become real BMs instead of pseudo BMs.

The books should keep track of the Poker Players plays and pay top people to reverse engineer them. Offshore books should also unite and hire a top lobbyist and legal team and send them to Washington. If need be, they could then grease a few palms to help get the Nazi-like U.S. government off their backs.

Comment

Working...
                              X