ILLINOIS FOOTBALL NEWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS FOOTBALL NEWS

The new Athletic Director on his first day on the job fired Bill Cubit and most of the staff- Buyout is 900k for cubit and 360k for his son Ryan a new appointed OC Coordinator. Peanuts

Rumors are flowing that Lovie Smith former head coach of the NFL Tampa Bay and Bears will be hired to be the next head
    coach of Illinois.

If this is true this would be a Home Run hire for Illinois in exposure nationally and with Recruiting - Spring football is a scant 6 days away
    which has been suspended until a new coach is in place.

It is crystal clear to me that the new AD had a plan coming in-remember Josh Whitman played for Illinois and in the NFL
    he has a dream to get Illinois Football back to a Championship level and he has connections.

This hire should it occur will bring instant creditability from a recruiting standpoint-The Guy is a father figure his players love him-Coached to the Super Bowl and has major connections -what player would not take a chance as a 5 star to join
    the team?

If Illinois lands Lovie it would be akin to Harbaugh leaving the niners and joining Michigan-Recruiting boom would be huge

http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2016...ess-conference

Comment

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...adcdf30f9.html

Comment

ILLINOIS HIRES LOVIE SMITH

6 years-21 Million dollars-2mm first two years (Thank you tampa buyout) 3mm-4mm and 5mm each year after that.

This is without question the biggest coaching hire in Illinois football history.

Lovie without question will open many doors up on the recruiting trail with high level players.

Say what you may want about this guy but I do know this he is a teacher a leader and great role model as a person.

This will take some time to make Illinois football relevant on the field and it all starts with recruiting:

I can envision this type of phone call occurring to a recruit:

Mom: Bill Cubit is on the phone from Illinois he wants to meet with us - Mom says who is Bill Cubit?

Mom: Lovie Smith is on the phone from Illinois he wants to meet with us-Mom says Lovie Smith from the Chicago Bears
        I would love to meet him!

Illinois sold 1300 season tickets in one day since the news.

Comment

Lovie is loading up on NFL talent-

Hardy Nickerson SF 49 assistant to Illinois.

Luke Butkus-Jack Jag assistant to Illinois

Garrick MgGee Louisville OC to Illinois.

Andrew Hayes Stocker Tampa Bay WR coach to Illinois.

This coaching staff should be able to attract top talent to Illinois. There is a lot to be said about having college connections to the NFL.

This process of making Illinois football relevant will take at least 2 years before they pass the eye test of competing.

Comment

Hardy Nickerson has a Commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQ3TDwM-z4

Comment

ILLINOIS COACHING STAFF ACCOLADES

66 years NFL Coaching

94 years NCAA Coaching

18 years NFL Playing time

3 Super Bowl appearances

1 Super Bowl Title

1 NFL Coach of the Year

1 NCAA Championship

Comment

Illinois college Football team is slowly being introduced to a NFL Coaching staff.

Lovie Smith at the helm along with his 4mm a year support staff of NFL former players and coaches.

So far things have been quite as Lovie is not one to tip his cards.

Do I think we shall see a marked improvement with this team I would say yes in many areas. This is a rebuilding process and I am confident that Lovie in year 2 and 3 will land a top recruiting class.

The players are loving being coached up by the best. This team has talent but at present time is not built the way Lovie wants to play.

ILLINOIS coming out from Tim Beckman debacle and landing Lovie Smith is a night and day difference to the future.

Keep your eye on Illinois Football this year- I suspect the lines will be inflated Illinois due to public love of Lovie Smith.

Comment

NFL U- ILLINOIS College Football.

Lovie Smith and his impressive nfl coaching staff is quickly making progress keeping Illinois players at home.

Lovie and team are slowly knocking on doors all over the country and rumor is a lot are listening.

Look for this squad Lovie inherited to be Strong Defensively.

More to follow-

Carpet

Comment

Practice is Underway for a Illinois Squad Lovie Smith inherits.

The Defense is the strength of this team which plays into Coach Smith's game DEFENSE.

Offense is a real puzzle- At QB Wes Lunt is the QB a gun slinger for an arm that is a pure pocket passer last year he might have scrambled 40 yards for the season.

Lovie game plan is to Run the Ball on Offense-Only problem with that is the running back position is very thin-combined with a marginal offensive line.

Special teams: Field goal kicker- There are several trying out-Could be the weakest part of the game.

Look for Defense to keep Illinois in games all year with the betting Line.

Comment

ILLINOIS FOOTBALL PREVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H1Qw4YjmxQ

Comment

The Lovie Smith train is building on the Recruiting front.

Today landing-

4 Star receiver Carmoni Green # 16 ranked receiver in Florida commits.

4 Star DE Olare Oladipo from Huntley Illinois picks the Illini over Penn State, Michigan State and Cal. This is an aggressive and nasty player on the gridiron-a big hitter.

Combined these 2 players moves Illinois #56 in recruiting for the 2017 class.

This coaching staff at Illinois is NFL caliber at all critical positions-These Kids are starting to take notice.

Look for the recruiting success to rise- In fact I expect one more recruit to commit tomorrow.

Before Lovie Smith- Hardy Nickerson these kids would not have even sniffed Illinois. The future looks very bright for this Football team.

Comment

The Illini have a player named PRESIDENT this is a pretty cool and funny video from Illinois Productions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=J-v5xYOJtRQ

Comment

I will have boots on the ground for the Illinois game September 17 vs Western Michigan.

WM just beat Northwestern in a thriller game first win over a Big Ten team since 2008- That 2008 team was Illinois.

The Illini have NC at home this Saturday 6:00 pm kick off- NC looks to be favored by 9.5 points. This game is going to be close

NC is a poor run defense team-Illinois has a pretty good run game. The defense of Illinois is solid could be the most under rated defense out there. NC does shine on special teams-that kid they have catching a kick off is special. I am sure Lovie sees that.
                            This game will be closer than 9.5.

Comment

Working...
                            X