"Mock Hilton/Westgate Rules"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No editing. No late picks.
    Any problems logging in, there is an email to send pick too.

Automatic 0-5 for both.

Why is this a lengthy discussion?

Comment

The Super Contest DOES have that 2 entry rule. However, there is nothing preventing some "syndicate" or group from having as many entries as they feel worthwhile. They can use proxies, different names, etc.etc.

I think if the westgate/hilton had a posting forum, and allowed it's contestants and potential contestants to comment and make suggestions on the rules, they would have the same conflicting opinions we have here.

Bottom line, you can never make everyone happy. There will always be disagreements as to what the rules SHOULD be.

That being said, I agree that allowing to pick the Thurs game and then coming back in later to post the rest just isn't a good idea. It would be a mess for the scorekeeper. A nightmare.

The other conflict seems to be about the use of the word COULD or WILL in rule #5. I have to agree with the WILL crowd. It either IS allowed or it ISN'T. Has to be black and white.

No editing of picks allowed after posted. PERIOD. If you post the same team twice, one of those will be a loss. Just be sure to take the time to make sure your picks are correct before posting.

Anything else?

Comment

Absolutely agree 100%. No editing of picks allowed once you have posted. Same team twice one is a LOSS period. And WILL instead of Could.

Anything else ..Yes. Great minds can agree!! Let the games begin!!!!

Comment

I'm in again, good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
            I find it interesting that you couldnt even explain the rule. Its not that big of a deal people asked for clarification and you decided to be a dick instead. That blew up the conversation more than the actual rule. Hell changing the rule from COULD to WILL makes your job easier and then you dont have to complain about doing all the work.
            I did 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              I'm in again, good luck to all
              Good to see you back Hedgehog- Good luck

Comment

So, just to be clear, on this opening weekend, the deadline to sign up is Sunday at 1 PM. Does that mean that EVERYONE has until 1 PM Sunday to get their picks in? Or just newbies and veterans late to renew?

Comment

Now that I'm actually set up on this site.....

I am interested in this contest... how many are signed up? So deadline will be SUNDAY at 12:00 AM (or Sat 1 min past 11:59P), right?
                  I wanted to see the standings of last year's contest but could only find up to week 16. How many played last year and how much was the 1st place pot?

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    No editing. No late picks.
                    Any problems logging in, there is an email to send pick too.

Automatic 0-5 for both.

Why is this a lengthy discussion?
                    The site only allows editing for 60 seconds anyway and then the edit button goes away. Not sure that's even an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BughouseMaster View Post
                      Now that I'm actually set up on this site.....

I am interested in this contest... how many are signed up? So deadline will be SUNDAY at 12:00 AM (or Sat 1 min past 11:59P), right?
                      I wanted to see the standings of last year's contest but could only find up to week 16. How many played last year and how much was the 1st place pot?
                      http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...ghlight=Hilton

TheBlackCat.... 1st place 40%

Resteasy.... 4th place 10%

Krichinsky # 2 ... 5th place 5%

winandwin and K-man # 1.... tied for 2nd 25% or 3rd place 20%

Comment

Is there a place where I can see what my plays are for the contest?

Comment

Originally posted by Doral4720 View Post
                          Is there a place where I can see what my plays are for the contest?
                          Look where you posted them.

Comment

Agreed! Lord. Semantics!

Comment

WOW!!!!! Lots of really strong cappers here... 55!! Woulda been good for $90K in the REAL contest...... so I hope BlackCat played in that too!
                              How many total participants last year and usually compete in this thing?

Statistically, how many points has the winner gotten the last 5 years? That is honestly STELLAR!

Comment

Originally posted by BughouseMaster View Post
                                WOW!!!!! Lots of really strong cappers here... 55!! Woulda been good for $90K in the REAL contest...... so I hope BlackCat played in that too!
                                How many total participants last year and usually compete in this thing?

Statistically, how many points has the winner gotten the last 5 years? That is honestly STELLAR!
                                Welcome aboard BMaster-

If you want to be in the money you need to be 62% or higher.

You are correct we have the strongest cappers in the world here at Bettorsworld.

Comment

Working...
                                X