+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Absolutely bret3518. It will make their job much easier. And nobody can complain. Any editing or corrections WILL result in 0-5. Changing one word eliminates any confusion.

I think what we've done in the past is that if you make an error in a post, like using the same team twice, etc, you simply make an additional post correcting it, right afterwards, instead of editing the original. That works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guesser View Post
    I think what we've done in the past is that if you make an error in a post, like using the same team twice, etc, you simply make an additional post correcting it, right afterwards, instead of editing the original. That works.
    Which according to rule #4 shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by bret3518 View Post
    Which according to rule #4 shouldn't be allowed.
    That's why it's good to have this discussion before the season, to hash it out.

Quote Originally Posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
    Absolutely bret3518. It will make their job much easier. And nobody can complain. Any editing or corrections WILL result in 0-5. Changing one word eliminates any confusion.
    Seems perfectly logical.

No editing. No late picks.
    Any problems logging in, there is an email to send pick too.

Automatic 0-5 for both.

Why is this a lengthy discussion?

The Super Contest DOES have that 2 entry rule. However, there is nothing preventing some "syndicate" or group from having as many entries as they feel worthwhile. They can use proxies, different names, etc.etc.

I think if the westgate/hilton had a posting forum, and allowed it's contestants and potential contestants to comment and make suggestions on the rules, they would have the same conflicting opinions we have here.

Bottom line, you can never make everyone happy. There will always be disagreements as to what the rules SHOULD be.

That being said, I agree that allowing to pick the Thurs game and then coming back in later to post the rest just isn't a good idea. It would be a mess for the scorekeeper. A nightmare.

The other conflict seems to be about the use of the word COULD or WILL in rule #5. I have to agree with the WILL crowd. It either IS allowed or it ISN'T. Has to be black and white.

No editing of picks allowed after posted. PERIOD. If you post the same team twice, one of those will be a loss. Just be sure to take the time to make sure your picks are correct before posting.

Anything else?

Absolutely agree 100%. No editing of picks allowed once you have posted. Same team twice one is a LOSS period. And WILL instead of Could.

Anything else ..Yes. Great minds can agree!! Let the games begin!!!!

I'm in again, good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by bret3518 View Post
    I find it interesting that you couldnt even explain the rule. Its not that big of a deal people asked for clarification and you decided to be a dick instead. That blew up the conversation more than the actual rule. Hell changing the rule from COULD to WILL makes your job easier and then you dont have to complain about doing all the work.
    I did 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I'm in again, good luck to all
    Good to see you back Hedgehog- Good luck

So, just to be clear, on this opening weekend, the deadline to sign up is Sunday at 1 PM. Does that mean that EVERYONE has until 1 PM Sunday to get their picks in? Or just newbies and veterans late to renew?

Now that I'm actually set up on this site.....

I am interested in this contest... how many are signed up? So deadline will be SUNDAY at 12:00 AM (or Sat 1 min past 11:59P), right?
    I wanted to see the standings of last year's contest but could only find up to week 16. How many played last year and how much was the 1st place pot?

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    No editing. No late picks.
    Any problems logging in, there is an email to send pick too.

Automatic 0-5 for both.

Why is this a lengthy discussion?
    The site only allows editing for 60 seconds anyway and then the edit button goes away. Not sure that's even an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMaster View Post
    Now that I'm actually set up on this site.....

I am interested in this contest... how many are signed up? So deadline will be SUNDAY at 12:00 AM (or Sat 1 min past 11:59P), right?
    I wanted to see the standings of last year's contest but could only find up to week 16. How many played last year and how much was the 1st place pot?
    http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...ghlight=Hilton

TheBlackCat.... 1st place 40%

Resteasy.... 4th place 10%

Krichinsky # 2 ... 5th place 5%

winandwin and K-man # 1.... tied for 2nd 25% or 3rd place 20%

Is there a place where I can see what my plays are for the contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Doral4720 View Post
    Is there a place where I can see what my plays are for the contest?
    Look where you posted them.

Agreed! Lord. Semantics!

WOW!!!!! Lots of really strong cappers here... 55!! Woulda been good for $90K in the REAL contest...... so I hope BlackCat played in that too!
    How many total participants last year and usually compete in this thing?

Statistically, how many points has the winner gotten the last 5 years? That is honestly STELLAR!

WOW!!!!! Lots of really strong cappers here... 55!! Woulda been good for $90K in the REAL contest...... so I hope BlackCat played in that too!
    How many total participants last year and usually compete in this thing?

Statistically, how many points has the winner gotten the last 5 years? That is honestly STELLAR!
    Welcome aboard BMaster-

If you want to be in the money you need to be 62% or higher.

You are correct we have the strongest cappers in the world here at Bettorsworld.

Apparently so! Do guys here play in the real thing too? How many points has the winner got in the last 5 years here?
    How much was the pot for 1st last year?

Apparently so! Do guys here play in the real thing too? How many points has the winner got in the last 5 years here?
    How much was the pot for 1st last year?
    Last year we had 60 plus players in the contest pay out to the winner was $1200 if memory serves me correct know I am close. Contest
    pays top 5 spots.

Assuming you mean the REAL THING- There are a few who have been active in the Real contest.

Regarding best records here is a link for you to see History over time.

http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...of-the-5-years.

We are here to beat the Book and you will find some pretty sharp sharks. This is the Best Site available out there that is no nonsence
    loaded with seasoned cappers that want no glory or fame- Our Goal is to beat the Book period.

I once again Welcome you aboard.

Carpet

(The Carpet always Covers)

Thanks for the warm welcome I appreciate it

Where do people post their picks and at? If you could be so kind to link me on that as well that would be great. Are CFORD, TheBoys & Win&Win in this years contest? I am MOST interested in their picks!

Thanks for the warm welcome I appreciate it

Where do people post their picks and at? If you could be so kind to link me on that as well that would be great. Are CFORD, TheBoys & Win&Win in this years contest? I am MOST interested in their picks!
    http://www.bettorsworld.com/web/foru...r-5-Picks-Here.

Thank you. Are TheBoys and Win&Win in the contest this year?

Deadline is TONIGHT to post picks, right?