No announcement yet.

MLB PLAYOFF PIKS AND DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I am giving a slight edge to Cubs tonight. Lester is tough.

(Tail me at your own risk)

GL with your picks.

Comment

Are the two of us the only one's following this thread?

I am laying off tonight, can't decide. Bauer has a better SO/IP percentage. Stroman has a better BB/IP ratio. But I don't like Stroman's W/L record. Gut tells me Toronto is the play, but I don't wager on gut feelings. Sometimes it is just gas.

Comment

I'm checking in on you guys as I'm sure others are too. I haven't been guessing right lately on over/under, but feel pitching continues to rule tonite. See a 3-2, 4-3 type game, thusly have taken the under 8.5. Also parlayed the clev +1.5 to go with Arizona -7.5 in Fooseball. Good Luck to all in the wagering community.

Comment

I rarely post my picks, always afraid it will jinx them or wouldn't want someone to tail me and lose. However, I have done well in the playoffs.

I almost never play totals, but I kind of like the over tonight as both pitchers have an ERA over 4. But with a playoff game, it could easily go under. Not making a play either way. Bauer is recovering from a hand injury, so it could blow up on him, or it may be fine. He says it is fine, but you don't expect him to say anything but that it is fine.

Oldluds, Cleveland +1.5 is probably a good way to go. I don't know about you guys, but I never take the home team -1.5 as they don't get that last bat to make the game a 2 run win.

I will start posting more of my picks and thoughts along with woodee. Not trying to hijack this thread. Just my thoughts and picks. Tail at your own risk.

OCK

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
            I'm checking in on you guys as I'm sure others are too. I haven't been guessing right lately on over/under, but feel pitching continues to rule tonite. See a 3-2, 4-3 type game, thusly have taken the under 8.5. Also parlayed the clev +1.5 to go with Arizona -7.5 in Fooseball. Good Luck to all in the wagering community.

Oldluds, hope you cashed on the Under and Cle +1.5, plus the AZ game. I was surprised Bauer left so quickly. I didn't believe his had was OK, but I didn't expect his finger to knock him out of the game so quickly.

Tonight I like Cleveland over Toronto. Part of me says Cle won't sweep Toronto, especially in Toronto, who just swept the Rangers, but I like the pitching matchup. Kluber's stats are much better than Sanchez's numbers.

Also, I like the Dodgers. Even though Hill has less innings played this year, his numbers are really good.

I may go with a 5 inning play instead of the full game, but I am on both games tonight.

GL everyone

Comment

A rare 3 for 3. I wish you good fortune on Cleveland, I will be rooting for them, but not betting them. Can't see Toronto folding yet. I'm on the other side in Cubs/Dodgers game. Got to stick with Jake, plus the Cubbies bats due for some life. I know Hill a lefty, and Cubs usually don't fare well, but with Arrieta they only need 3 or 4 runs. Cubs 5-2.

Comment

Also played the Cubs at +145 -1.5 runs

Comment

I missed posting yetserday but I was on the Jays.

Going back to them this afternoon to avoid the sweep.
                  I just can't see them getting taken out in 4 at home even against Kluber. Line has dropped in Jays favor.
                  Usually the sweep happens in this type of "must win" games for the other teams but gotta take a shot at the chase on theJays at home.

Jays -112 over Indians -- larger than normal play for me.

As for the Night game I am going with the Dodgers +1.5 (-185) over the Cubs---Think the dodgers get to Arrieta as AGON may be heating up. Rooting for the cubs but I will take a 1 run cubs win and be haappy both ways.

GL!

Comment

Congrats woodee on your two wins. I went 1-1, both were dog plays, so nothing lost.

I like the Cubs tonight with Lester. I haven't seen the line yet, but it may be a dog play also, not for sure. Also, I will probably play it for 5 innings instead of the full game.

GL to everyone.

Comment

Back to normal for me, like I said that 3-0 day was very rare. Today, I am loading up on Toronto, have to since at -180. But I don't see how they lose at home against a AAA pitcher. And again, I am pulling for the Indians to go to the WS, just not to win today, �� nothing for me on the Cubs game, all my eggs in the Bluejays nest today. Good job yesterday Woody. Good luck guys.

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
                        Today, I am loading up on Toronto, have to since at -180. But I don't see how they lose at home against a AAA pitcher.
                        I agree, I think Toronto probably wins, but with so little data on Merritt, I will probably pass.

GL

Comment

I believe its Lackey not Lester tonight for the cubs which is not good for them....

I'm going with:

Cleveland +1.5 (-130) over Toronto--See rich hill last night with Merritt--always some kind of BS story in the playoffs so he may throw a gem?

Dodgers +1.5 (-185) over Chicago--Lackey is getting old and ineffective. Dodgers bats are hot and if the cubs get down early, the way they are hitting its hard to comeback.

GL!

Lean to both OVERS but no plays.

Comment

Dodgers Play is a larger than normal play for me annd may be big depending if I cash Cleveland early.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                              I believe its Lackey not Lester tonight for the cubs which is not good for them....
                              Yes, I meant Lackey.

Comment

1-1 for me unless Dodgers make a comeback.

Good to see the Cubs bats wake up!

Comment

Working...
                                X