Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$25 NFL Game of the Week Lines....WEEK #8---Post your picks here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleveland +3

Comment

Chicago/Minnesota Under

Comment

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Comment

Tough lines this week. New Orleans +

Comment

Atlanta Over 52.5

Comment

New Orleans

Comment

BUF

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                  Yeah, really did not understand that myself.
                  But I guess I do agree with following the only one pick thing and it falls under that I assume.

What's everyone else thoughts on it?

I'm saying its a loss unless there is s different interpretation of the rule I'm not seeing?
                  What if a person picked a game that had already been played by mistake. Like if they posted on Sat. morning and saw/posted
                  one of the Thu/Fri lines and then caught the mistake in time to make another pick? IDK....the rules don't really
                  cover late picks that are discovered in time to make a legit pick. You'd have to interpret the rules as "implying"
                  that you couldn't make another pick. Since it was discovered in time to make a legit pick, I don't think this actually
                  falls under Rule 2 or 3 without really stretching things. But you could probably make a case for Rule 6. However, I believe
                  the intent of that rule is to disqualify late picks that were not discovered in time. And as you old-timers may remember, the
                  original reason for the 1 hour before game time rule was so that site visitors could read picks in time to play them if they so
                  wished and to potentially generate more website visits for Jeff, not as a penalty for lack of attention.
                  Just my thoughts.

Comment

It's going to have to be graded a loss. Tired of having pissing match over the "rules" every year.

Get your picks in on time or its a loss. Period.

Comment

Ty Woodee! Rules are Rules.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                        It's going to have to be graded a loss. Tired of having pissing match over the "rules" every year.

Get your picks in on time or its a loss. Period.
                        You asked for our thoughts. I was just giving mine. I certainly wasn't pissing :^ /

Comment

Yeah, I was saying you were doing anything in particular at all. I did ask for thoughts so no problem. I just figured I'd make the call and be done
                          with it.
                          I know its a grey area when this type of thing happens and just don't have
                          time to go back on forth on it before everyone gets into a huge discussion on it.

Comment

If anyone wants to put out a vote on whether the scoend play should have been counted, please let me know.

I do see the point and it was an honest mistake but also, I do think the riles cover it a bit with the one pik and one pock only thing.

I will grade it a loss for now unless I get over-ruled by Jeff or by a majority by Thursday at gametime. Otherwise the loss will stand upon kickoff of this week's thursday night game.

Thanks.

Comment

Clear loss based on current rules. If we want to change the rule to game time, or 5 minutes before game time, or some more forgiving pre game time next year for this pool, I'd be OK with it.

Comment

it is a loss

Comment

Working...
                                X