College Bowl Game Gem Upsets of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Bowl Game Gem Upsets of the Day

Let's Jump Start this thread to find the Gem Upsets in the College Football Bowls.

Pick your strongest game vs the spread to win Out Right.

There is gold in them hills.

The Dogs are running out of the gate. Lets win some games together share your thoughts to beat the book.

It appears to me that all the dogs have won today. I will guess that S miss will be the only fav to cover today. That figures because I took ULL. In the end I am so happy to be back in the game although be it a terrible start. HEY..I have not picked anything right this year. lol

Comment

kentucky

Comment

Miami-Ohio (+14) one week from tomorrow. Step-up, yes to a SEC Team in Mississippi State is scary Miami-Oh has shown they have a competent Defense.

Can they handle the Step-Up? I can promise they will give it all they have and play hard, leave everything on the field. This team is hungry to whoop some SEC ASS. At +447 Pinnacle +425 US Facing Books I feel like its worth a shot.

Feeling like WYOMING as well is gonna bring some excitement (+275 Pinny +300ish US) "Pinny Lean" there lol...that game 21 DEC, Wednesday. +10 now is out there on Wyoming (BYU).

"BYU Senior QB Taysom Hill will miss the game due to a sprained elbow. Experienced backup Tanner Mangum (14 of 18, 2 TDs, 0 ints. TY) will get the start." (Gold Sheet-Friday Update)

Probably neither of these work out, of course.....just Food for Thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama25 View Post
          kentucky
          Oooooooh Goddang Yes if KY can play some Defense, Hell Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger View Post
            Miami-Ohio (+14) one week from tomorrow. Step-up, yes to a SEC Team in Mississippi State is scary Miami-Oh has shown they have a competent Defense.

Can they handle the Step-Up? I can promise they will give it all they have and play hard, leave everything on the field. This team is hungry to whoop some SEC ASS. At +447 Pinnacle +425 US Facing Books I feel like its worth a shot.

Feeling like WYOMING as well is gonna bring some excitement (+275 Pinny +300ish US) "Pinny Lean" there lol...that game 21 DEC, Wednesday. +10 now is out there on Wyoming (BYU).

"BYU Senior QB Taysom Hill will miss the game due to a sprained elbow. Experienced backup Tanner Mangum (14 of 18, 2 TDs, 0 ints. TY) will get the start." (Gold Sheet-Friday Update)

Probably neither of these work out, of course.....just Food for Thought.
            Love the picks

Comment

ALAMO BOWL

Oklahoma State +3 vs Colorado Buffaloes.

Colorado averaged just 16 points a game this year vs the Four ranked teams they have played.

Despite Colorado's defense Ok State should roll up some points making it hard for the Buffaloes to keep up. I expect this game to be a high
              shootout vs a defensive battle type game.

OK STATE 43-CO 38

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                Love the picks
                Thanks. I love The Thread.

Again, Miami-Oh stepping up vs. an SEC Squad, to all: The Ultimate Gospel: never just blindly follow, due your own Due Diligence.

Funny though that I also like OHIO, a much smaller dog (+3.5/3 vs. TROY) than MIAMI-Ohio is and siding with OHIO scares me more than MIAMI-Ohio. )

Probably mainly cuz the game is in Mobile AL, not far from TROY University Campus (which I believe is in Birmingham AL) and TROY can Ball on Offense, or at least they have on occasion. I can't stop thinking that OHIO can stay with them here tho. For some reason.

Could be I'm tempted to back (or even mess with, at all) MAC Conference Teams to punish myself. )

Comment

ALAMO BOWL

Oklahoma State +3 vs Colorado Buffaloes.

Colorado averaged just 16 points a game this year vs the Four ranked teams they have played.

Despite Colorado's defense Ok State should roll up some points making it hard for the Buffaloes to keep up. I expect this game to be a high
                  shootout vs a defensive battle type game.

OK STATE 43-CO 38
                  Yeah a SHOOTOUT for Colorado in this one would likely not be a recipe for Success

Comment

A FEW NOTABLE CHANGES-

Cactus Bowl- Baylor RB Linwood will skip the Bowl to focus on NFL.
                    Line is at Boise State -7

Wild Wings Citrus Bowl- LSU Fournette is also sitting out
                    The Line is Louisville -3.5

Sun Bowl- Stanford McCaffey is sitting out-vs NC
                    The line is STF -3.0 at this time. The line has not really reacted to that news which I find amazing as McCaffey is touching the ball on over 60% of the plays.

National Funding Bowl (My favorite name for a Bowl-Horse Hockey)
                    Minnesota vs Washington State.
                    The line is WS -10. MN has suspended 10 players for this game.
                    The threat of a boycott by the players has seriously interrupted practice time for the gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by hamburger View Post
                      Thanks. I love The Thread.

Again, Miami-Oh stepping up vs. an SEC Squad, to all: The Ultimate Gospel: never just blindly follow, due your own Due Diligence.

Funny though that I also like OHIO, a much smaller dog (+3.5/3 vs. TROY) than MIAMI-Ohio is and siding with OHIO scares me more than MIAMI-Ohio. )

Probably mainly cuz the game is in Mobile AL, not far from TROY University Campus (which I believe is in Birmingham AL) and TROY can Ball on Offense, or at least they have on occasion. I can't stop thinking that OHIO can stay with them here tho. For some reason.

Could be I'm tempted to back (or even mess with, at all) MAC Conference Teams to punish myself. )
                      I got to tell you Hamburger outside of Western Michigan the MAC is really down this year.

That Troy team can play some football for sure and you are correct they are a stones throw from Alabama Campus/

Comment

I got to tell you Hamburger outside of Western Michigan the MAC is really down this year.

That Troy team can play some football for sure and you are correct they are a stones throw from Alabama Campus/
                        Man, I LOVE ME some Western Michigan Broncos. That might be contributing to my finding Confidence in these MAC Squads. I was impressed with Miami-OH's Defense though...Biggest test here tho vs. SEC Athletes.

OHIO fit well into a couple steps I weigh most heavily in my Bowl Capping so I'm forced to back them, at least in Contest Play. Unlikely I'll locate the Lack of Common Sense necessary to actually Bet Ohio.

And yes, I did in the past try to incorporate "Common Sense" as a step in my Bowl 'Capping but that backfired on me miserably. Pleases me to see you agree that OHIO is Scary as heck, shows its not just me being Paranoid.

Comment

National Funding Bowl (My favorite name for a Bowl-Horse Hockey)
                          Minnesota vs Washington State.
                          The line is WS -10. MN has suspended 10 players for this game.
                          The threat of a boycott by the players has seriously interrupted practice time for the gophers.
                          MN Top Receiver and a Main Leader of The Boycott Effort, prior to UMINN Prez & AD squashing that 'neath their foot like a Bug, cat named Drew and some long confusing word...

He's a Senior from San Diego so he will be ending his College Football career in his Hometown.

So....maybe this can inspire MN to RISE?

Can we really find any ability to see The Gophers Offense staying with Mike Leach's WAZOO tho?

Mike Leach don't abide Failure well.

Comment

Given the suspensions Minny is dealing with-It is really hard to trust the Gopher defense to be able to slow down a potent Washington State offense Air Attack

Minny is missing some key players in the secondary against a team that picks apart stronger defenses through the air.

Comment

Given the suspensions Minny is dealing with-It is really hard to trust the Gopher defense to be able to slow down a potent Washington State offense Air Attack

Minny is missing some key players in the secondary against a team that picks apart stronger defenses through the air.
                              Big among those suspended on Gopher's Defense, IIRC, Antoine Winfield Jr. who's dad some will recall as Minnesota WR Antoine Winfield Sr. and has said that his kid is not returning to school at Minnesota unless the President and AD are Fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X