SATURDAY NCAA HOOPS 2-18-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATURDAY NCAA HOOPS 2-18-2017

ND -5.5 at NC State- NC State has fired the head coach he is allowed to finish the season. ND is a better team right now

NOVA -6.0 at Seton Hall. Nova to me is the number one team in the country and should cover this number

FL STATE -5.5 at Pitt. I know Pitt is tough to play at but have you ever watched this FSU team play ? very impressive.

SMU -2 at Houston- SMU is solid as a team

ILLINOIS +5 IOWA- I look for an upset here based purely on practice play for Illinois this week they looked sharp combined with a week off to prepare.

MICHIGAN STATE + 9.5 vs Purdue- Give me IZZO and the Spartans with 9.5 points this time of the year any day of the week.

KANSAS +1.5 at Baylor- To much point guard at Kansas for Baylor to handle.

One so far for me:

Kansas state ml -130 over Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
      ND -5.5 at NC State- NC State has fired the head coach he is allowed to finish the season. ND is a better team right now WON

NOVA -6.0 at Seton Hall. Nova to me is the number one team in the country and should cover this number. WON

FL STATE -5.5 at Pitt. I know Pitt is tough to play at but have you ever watched this FSU team play ? very impressive. LOSS

SMU -2 at Houston- SMU is solid as a team. WON

ILLINOIS +5 IOWA- I look for an upset here based purely on practice play for Illinois this week they looked sharp combined with a week off to prepare. WON

MICHIGAN STATE + 9.5 vs Purdue- Give me IZZO and the Spartans with 9.5 points this time of the year any day of the week.LOSS

KANSAS +1.5 at Baylor- To much point guard at Kansas for Baylor to handle.
      WON

5-2 TODAY.

Bad losses were FL State which looked lost and Michigan State who is in a tail spin.

Good wins were :

ND- A scrappy top 25 team-should find the dance and win one game there.

NOVA- Best team out there and they have potential NBA point guard-Brunson. This team is going to be hard to beat because they
      take no nights off.

SMU- This team just cruises under the radar. They are winning in a sub conference. They are pretty good at home

ILLINOIS- The only reason I laid with Illinois was the Practice information known coming in. Illinois has now swept Iowa for the
      season. Maybe the NIT could be available for Illinois at present time-But I will say they are playing better basketball right now coming in to the stretch.

KANSAS- Oh Kansas the kings of winning two point games. This team seems to play to the level of competition in every game. You mark my words Kansas is going to get snake bitten in the early rounds of the NCAA tourney once again. They have all the weapons but lack killer instinct. (Remember Bucknell)

Comment

Nice calls.

Did not get much time to cap yesterday. I will take my 1-0!

Sunday.

Michigan +1 over minny.
        Minny won a few close ones lately but Michigan is peaking right I think.

Maryland +7 over wiscy.

Maryland is my pick to win the big 10 tourney.

Ml parlay.
        Illinois state with st Petes.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
          Nice calls.

Maryland is my pick to win the big 10 tourney.

Not mine with all respect-Any team out there in the Big 10 could knock off MD on any giving day. MD does not blow teams away they play to the level of teams they play. They are not a great road team. Purdue and Wisky presents many challenges ahead.

Comment

Yeah, but you can say that about Maryland too. They can knock off one of those two As well.

Just a decent long shot winner with the ayers they have.

Think Purdue is the top team too but Maryland can beat them on a neutral court.

Comment

Going big on Texas tech tonight over Iowa state. Great spot and cyclones play poor on the road.

Tech has revenge from an early meeting where they could have won. Iowa state has won 3 in a row but against sub par teams.

Tech by 4 or more at home.

Comment

Texas tech just jumped to -2.5 as the big money read this thread....

I played them money line at -125 but now at -145. Will watch it. This may be my largest hoops play of the year so far.

Comment

One more.

Ml parlay.

Virginia with texas Arlington.

Texas tech now at -3.5. Playing them money line myself for a rare 3 unit play. I think it will go back down before tip.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    Yeah, but you can say that about Maryland too. They can knock off one of those two As well.

Just a decent long shot winner with the ayers they have.

Think Purdue is the top team too but Maryland can beat them on a neutral court.
                    That is what I Love about you Woodee- I can always count on solid feed back. I hold Maryland in high regard and in fact one point in the season
                    I had them even ranked higher. Wisconsin just beat them yesterday at Wisky.

I am not convinced that on a neutral court that MD would beat Purdue or Wisconsin not in the current state of play.

Comment

Me either but a good long shot if you like that type of thing.

Iowa state stays hot. I like it but hate my big loss.

Comment

Tech was in it until the end. Not a bad play but a loser either way.

What's up with Virginia?? Tailspin.

Comment

Working...
                        X