+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2017 Football contest: Attn: Jeff

RR84 and I were wondering if we are going to be able to have the contests like we have in the past with $25? entry fees, or if these have been eliminated. Please respond when you have the time. Or if you other plans please share when appropriate.

Bama25

love those contests. lots of smart cappers in these contests. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'd be up for running the $25 NFL contest pick 1 contest again.

Count me in for all the contest- That is what make this site so great

The Best of the Best come here to learn and share how to beat the Book.

Hey Guys - yes, we'll have the NFL and College game of the week. Bettorsworld will sponsor each one and will offer $650 in prize money for each which I believe
    comes close to the total prize for each contest last year.

Taking contest payments via pay pal has become a bit of an issue for me.....so it's easier to just sponsor the contest.

Let me know if that works, or if you have other suggestions.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Thats great news Jeff-

Let me ask what about the Mock Hilton ? Pay Pal is an issue you say for you I get that.

How can we get around that to hold the best contest out there ?

Fantastic news Jeff !!. I'm with Carpet any way to get around the issue so we can have the Mock Hilton contest?

Great news! Thanks for sponsoring the contests, Jeff.

Hopefully we can hold the Mock Hilton again this year. But it won't be the same without The Boys.

I bet one of us could take payments possibly as I bet the main issue is the head ache behind tracking people down etc when they don't follow directions. Don't know that for sure but I bet we can figure out a way to do between us.

I know pay pal also watches transactions too so we could also just do it the old fashion way with checks in the mail to one of us old timers.

Maybe we can let Jeff advise and then figure it out between us for the mock.

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    I bet one of us could take payments possibly as I bet the main issue is the head ache behind tracking people down etc when they don't follow directions. Don't know that for sure but I bet we can figure out a way to do between us.

I know pay pal also watches transactions too so we could also just do it the old fashion way with checks in the mail to one of us old timers.

Maybe we can let Jeff advise and then figure it out between us for the mock.
    Spot on Woodee

As a Postal Employee, I love the "check in the mail" suggestion. Appreciate the business��. Jeff, thank you for your sponsorship, you are top-notch.

I am in either way...I totally understand Jeff's position.. I am glad to hear that he is willing to sponsor the contests going forward..Thank you Jeff and good luck to all you guys this year!

Nice! Thanks Jeff for sponsoring the contests!

We should do what we can to increase the traffic here. Tell your friends about the free contests!

As for payments, is Bitcoin just as much of a headache? Is it the bookkeeping hassles rather than the processing or other gaming payment concerns?

There must be some online service for taking payments for sports and office pools. Not sure whether they would take PayPal or Bitcoin or credit cards. Maybe all! I'll see what I can find.

Here's a site that will take care of the payments by credit or debit card for 3% or $1.50 for the $50 Mock Hilton Contest

https://www.leaguesafe.com/

But then everyone would have to register with them and if you win, request an electronic transfers payout - to your bank account, I presume.

Might be easier if someone steps up to be the PayPal, Bitcoin and/or Check by Mail Treasurer and saves Jeff the bookkeeping.

My two cents ...

If a sponsored contest for a predetermined amount is the way that others would prefer to go with the upcoming "NFL GOTW (Game Of The Week) Contest", then, that would be okay with me. However, my own preference would be to see the contest run with either:

1) A "set paid fee" of either: a) $50.00, or b) $100.00, per entrant; or,

2) A sponsored event with a "flexible prize amount" which is the equivalent of either: a) $50.00, or b) $100.00, per entrant.

Either: i) Paypal, or (ii) a mailed in check, would be fine with me.

Almost everyone has Paypal. We can use the send money to friends option and there is no fee.

Someone we can trust with holding the money may have to step up to receive the payments and then distribute it (through Paypal) at the end of the season.

Jeff is correct about the $650. We normally have about 25 entries. The problem will be if it is free, we will have 25 regulars plus 25 free loaders. I will participate either way, but prefer the regulars without the free loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by OCK View Post
    Almost everyone has Paypal. We can use the send money to friends option and there is no fee.

Someone we can trust with holding the money may have to step up to receive the payments and then distribute it (through Paypal) at the end of the season.
    In either way.....love the site and all the savvy sports investors and between the hedges fund managers.....I'd even say if you want to kick it old school and fuck the man let's just send a check. Everyone I've dealt with here is str8 up legit and I'd have no problem with that.

Keep up good work! Thanks for the contests Jeff!

Btw - just back from Vegas and signed in 4 Friday Football Showdown and SuperContest this year...GLTA....GMFB

Sending a check is also ok. No problem with that. Also agree with bama about the freeloaders. But will go along with the majority. Love these contests, lots of good info from u guys

Better that we get a 100 or 1000 "freeloaders" as that is what Jeff needs - more traffic to the site. Free contests are a great way to do that.

If the Regulars want to have an entry fee contest for the sharper minds, and can manage their payments themselves, Jeff probably would be all for that.

I'd say lets just roll with these two sponsored contests and maybe do a dog thread for fun.

I'd be willing to score the NFL one like I mentioned earlier.

The mock is fun but time consuming for the scorer I imagine as its hard to grade 1 pick like I do!

Unless someone wants to step up and do the mock, I'd just go with these 2 Jeff is graciously sponsoring. Pay pal is picky if they catch wind that it's in anyway tied to gambling I know.

I know of a few other mock Hilton contests around also if anyone wants some info.

Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    I know of a few other mock Hilton contests around also if anyone wants some info.
    Not yet Good Sir- Let's give Jeff time to opine

Quote Originally Posted by widestrides View Post
    Better that we get a 100 or 1000 "freeloaders" as that is what Jeff needs - more traffic to the site. Free contests are a great way to do that.

If the Regulars want to have an entry fee contest for the sharper minds, and can manage their payments themselves, Jeff probably would be all for that.
    Spot on.

Hey everyone,

Hope your summers are going well.......

The biggest issue with the pay pal is that my pay pal account is a business account and the contests kinda mess me up come tax time. Especially since a contest
    like the Hilton doesn't pay out until Feb. It just makes it more difficult to do the books and my accountant wants to strangle me.

We could use Venmo. Ever hear of it? You can use a debit card or bank account, to send
    money. Venmo is owned by Pay pal.

Let me know if you want to go that route and I'll sign up for an account right away. (Everyone else would have to sign up as well I guess)

Jeff