2017 Football contest: Attn: Jeff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Football contest: Attn: Jeff

RR84 and I were wondering if we are going to be able to have the contests like we have in the past with $25? entry fees, or if these have been eliminated. Please respond when you have the time. Or if you other plans please share when appropriate.

Bama25

love those contests. lots of smart cappers in these contests. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

I'd be up for running the $25 NFL contest pick 1 contest again.

Comment

Count me in for all the contest- That is what make this site so great

The Best of the Best come here to learn and share how to beat the Book.

Comment

Hey Guys - yes, we'll have the NFL and College game of the week. Bettorsworld will sponsor each one and will offer $650 in prize money for each which I believe
          comes close to the total prize for each contest last year.

Taking contest payments via pay pal has become a bit of an issue for me.....so it's easier to just sponsor the contest.

Let me know if that works, or if you have other suggestions.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Comment

Thats great news Jeff-

Let me ask what about the Mock Hilton ? Pay Pal is an issue you say for you I get that.

How can we get around that to hold the best contest out there ?

Comment

Fantastic news Jeff !!. I'm with Carpet any way to get around the issue so we can have the Mock Hilton contest?

Comment

Great news! Thanks for sponsoring the contests, Jeff.

Hopefully we can hold the Mock Hilton again this year. But it won't be the same without The Boys.

Comment

I bet one of us could take payments possibly as I bet the main issue is the head ache behind tracking people down etc when they don't follow directions. Don't know that for sure but I bet we can figure out a way to do between us.

I know pay pal also watches transactions too so we could also just do it the old fashion way with checks in the mail to one of us old timers.

Maybe we can let Jeff advise and then figure it out between us for the mock.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    I bet one of us could take payments possibly as I bet the main issue is the head ache behind tracking people down etc when they don't follow directions. Don't know that for sure but I bet we can figure out a way to do between us.

I know pay pal also watches transactions too so we could also just do it the old fashion way with checks in the mail to one of us old timers.

Maybe we can let Jeff advise and then figure it out between us for the mock.
                    Spot on Woodee

Comment

As a Postal Employee, I love the "check in the mail" suggestion. Appreciate the business��. Jeff, thank you for your sponsorship, you are top-notch.

Comment

I am in either way...I totally understand Jeff's position.. I am glad to hear that he is willing to sponsor the contests going forward..Thank you Jeff and good luck to all you guys this year!

Comment

Nice! Thanks Jeff for sponsoring the contests!

We should do what we can to increase the traffic here. Tell your friends about the free contests!

As for payments, is Bitcoin just as much of a headache? Is it the bookkeeping hassles rather than the processing or other gaming payment concerns?

There must be some online service for taking payments for sports and office pools. Not sure whether they would take PayPal or Bitcoin or credit cards. Maybe all! I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Here's a site that will take care of the payments by credit or debit card for 3% or $1.50 for the $50 Mock Hilton Contest

https://www.leaguesafe.com/

But then everyone would have to register with them and if you win, request an electronic transfers payout - to your bank account, I presume.

Might be easier if someone steps up to be the PayPal, Bitcoin and/or Check by Mail Treasurer and saves Jeff the bookkeeping.

Comment

My two cents ...

If a sponsored contest for a predetermined amount is the way that others would prefer to go with the upcoming "NFL GOTW (Game Of The Week) Contest", then, that would be okay with me. However, my own preference would be to see the contest run with either:

1) A "set paid fee" of either: a) $50.00, or b) $100.00, per entrant; or,

2) A sponsored event with a "flexible prize amount" which is the equivalent of either: a) $50.00, or b) $100.00, per entrant.

Either: i) Paypal, or (ii) a mailed in check, would be fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X